Update or dlc needed to bring back players

Hello,

I run a PVEC server its 5x boosted we hold weekly events and have a good dedicated player base however even out dedicated players are getting bored and we are having less and less players.
Please funcom it has been months since we’ve had anything worthwhile as far as updates and dlcs,
I love the new argosian dlc although very disappointed we didn’t get a toga and some grecian clothing options, and i understand the need for a thrall update, however its getting to the point where players are dropping like flies and not coming back.
How much longer are we going to have to wait for some actual content and not just a reskin of a already existing dlc (aquillonian to argosian)
We who run private servers are spending our hard earned money to play and have likeminded players join us only where the servers that used to be a full capacity are now barely holding 5/10 players something is seriously wrong?

Please please please.
When will we get a decent update??

Game mode: [Online | Singleplayer]
Problem: [Crash | Bug | Performance | Misc]
Region: [Here]

[Free text]

Steps on how to reproduce issue:

2 Likes

why is this a bug report? Shouldn’t be suggestion?

2 Likes

Listing is questioning a up date I am curious myself my server population is sorta low also. Would like some current information from Funcom.

2 Likes

We need a Conan 2.0 with a new map, and optimized for PS5 and SERIES X. :+1::+1::raised_hands:

4 Likes

Its Summertime now and in Europe we got a massive heatwave over the last couple of days. People are pilling up on the beaches enjoying their holidays while getting covid 19 because of their carelessness. So don´t worry, they will be back soon in quarantine.

5 Likes

They are dropping mandatory face masks in some counties Here in Florida Dumb. 84 degrees Fahrenheit and it is not daylight yet.

1 Like

Yeah, had 104 yesterday while at work without air conditioning. I really need to restrain myself very hard right now to focus on spending my freetime not on the beach or other places with high population. I work in medical care. Can´t risk to get sick and/or become a carrier for my patients.

2 Likes

Lol. I can understand it effects a little bit with vacations during a short period of time. But in my work I have to work after my vacation even if it’s super hot outside. And If I want to go to the beach I have to do it on my freetime.

I still can’t see any reason they are this inactive with the communication and also updates (bug fixes included). Atleast not after the december update where they told everyone they will be better at communicating to the community. Another lie or a promies they couldnt keep.

Maybe it’s because of Tencent, maybe not. I dont care. What I do care about is that people leaving this good potential game, because people are tired of waiting.

2 Likes

yes update plz

1 Like

There used to be regular streams, giving info about all their games. Those were good times.

3 Likes

A month ago player peak on steam droped from 15k to 12k, and now it’s at 9k. This looks like a trend to me. Another month without updates, we’ll be looking at 5k for sure.

1 Like

Is there any game in those charts that reports increase of players during the summer holidays? Just curious. I see Ark is dying too:

https://steamcharts.com/app/346110

3 Likes

They’ve been on vacation since July :man_shrugging:t2:

1 Like

And before that? And releasing one of the worst updates in the history then going on vacation short after. Lol

4 Likes

Totally agree, that’s what I mean with communication. They showed sneakpeaks what they were working on and so on. This year 1 stream during whole 2020, 8 months and I guess it will be more.

But lately streams was kinda “meh” anyway, all stuffs is amazing and so on, then right after the update releases they have to fix it because it wasnt that “amazing”

Thats nothing new… The december Patch with horses also had massive bugs… Update came when holiday time was over (>7th January).

tinfoil mode Because in one of the last DEV (where DEVS where present) streams, Alex (lead designer) talked about way to many things :wink:
Hinted magic the same way like map expansion, etc.

Also FC said in that stream, they will engange more often with the community/say more, which isnt the case at all.

2 Likes

Really? After this last disaster that was a patch with Funcom Live Services? Still is not completely resolved. The forum was a fire-fest and player pops took a severe dive…even with the Epic Free Giveaway! This last patch hurt Conan Exiles badly.

About a month after this sh-t show it is amazing the short attention spans of peeps now.

Also 7-8k players is not bad (#85 on Steam Charts). Would be better if less servers were available to condense the population but having more than 30 players in game with their unrestricted base builds collapses the game into lag-land pretty fast.

1 Like

I just got a announcement on Discord today:

@ everyone devkit update with a fix for dedicated server mode in editor

This doesn’t sound like much, but the last devkit update broke some testing functionality that made some mods incredibly hard to add certain features or fix bugs. So this is relatively a big update for the modding community.

1 Like

I fear we may be seeing the end cyle of CE. Not because Funcom want sit, but gamers in general do not want a buggy game. On top of that, it is really become stale. Most people have stashes of lott (for the ones that are on PVE/PVE-C esp.) and privates seem to go overboard with 10x harvesting, the only thing that artificially prolongs the game.

PVP wise, COD war zone stole many of my pvp friends (and enemies lol), as it is not a definite time sink (IE have to play 10 hours a day to get any melee going, plus make sure you have op meta build equipment to stay competitive). One can get their competitive fix when they want on virtually every other competitive game out on the market.

Also, people are realizing after the first 2 or three times thru the major dungeon releases, they just turn into another farming route.

1 Like

Yeah i keep my server at 5x boost so its enough to get going but still provide a challenge, we also host weekly events that we put to a server vote, the few players we have love it but we would love to see new faces again, we do active roleplaying which add a nice element to the game and through the use of discord we are able to better communicate with the server as a whole, but yes just some information or a update form funcom would reassure us more

1 Like