Update the repair hammer to be more useful

Make the repair hammers have a second feature.

The ability to update T1 buildings to T2 and T2 to T3.

It may be a useless feature because T1 replace with t3 from building on top of structure. Which I wasted more resources fixing an error. I rather upgrade a building same cost as building a new one. Then to rebuild a building part.

i understand on a pvp server but Think on the risk of unwanted uppgrads, its no way to go back. You know when you desine you house whit diferent build materials mix and then after a purge and you have to repare it will messup the hole house.

1 Like

You know giving the repair hammer a second function adds to it.

Brick is Brick. Wood is wood.

I see no problem with my idea.

I’m giving the repair hammer a second function.

Yes i understand, And its a good ide. But the AI not alwayes Think the way you do. If you have a t3 floor and t2 walls and try to repare you you end up whit t3 walls insted.

Impossible.

Repairing a T2 building requires T2 materials.

Yes but when you reper the t3 floor you end up upgrading the t2 walls insted.

That’s your fault not the hammer’s fault.

How? The hammer have a vide swing.

The hammer affect Everything infront of you, you know

Same it you have a mix of t3 blocks as a chess paten its a risk that it uppgrad insted of repare.

My idea offers an upgraded feature for the repair hammer.

I like to plan castles or bigger bases.

Bryan you need to learn to take constructive criticism and update your ideas when people bring up a valid point.

While yes the repair hammer seems very under developed and could use some work, your idea would mess with people who use different building materials for appearances.

Simply saying its “your fault not the hammer’s” is ludicrous.

1 Like

How about reducing repair costs with higher tier repair hammer? Upgrading building parts with a better hammer appears to be over the top, to me.

As a PvP player I’d like the idea of upgrading with a hammer because I have one tier for defensive proposes. But for pve and rp they use multiple tiers and dlcs to achieve what they want asthetically. I’d have to agree it sounds pretty bad as an idea although that reduced resources sounds decent however finding the balance for it from too little or too much will need a some serious testing.

This was a post I created and augmented several times in the last few months:

Summary: repair hammers become material specific, both retaining their ability to repair damage, but offering the ability to change the material.

Application: A single repair hammer exists to allow multi tier buildings to be repaired without material change, the remainder cease to exist and are replaced by 1 hammer per building material. Sandstone, stonebrick, insulated wood, reinforced, and black ice, and dlc specific hammers.

Function: if targeting a damaged block with its matching hammer, the hammers will function identically to current repair hammers. If the player had the required materials, each swing will add them to the block and repair its durability.

Alternatively, if the player targets a block with a hammer that does not match its material type, the same screen repair pop-up is shown, this time offering the total building cost of that block in the hammers material. If the material is on hand, each swing will fill the requirement and upon completion the block (and what ever blocks being hit by the hammers AOE, as it functions currently.) will begin to change into the new material.

Benefits: often in natural player progression upgrading your current base to newly obtained tiers is a hassle, and many times you cannot reach blocks buried beneith others. The current repair hammer coding allows this to be a thing of the past.

Also! My favourite part is that building a base often comes with mistakes that you must take down, thus wasting your hard earned materials, building in sandstone is quick and cheap, and upgrading your final product would save a lot of valued resources, and allow players to experiment more before finalizing a plan.

Obviously retaining the ability to build blocks in menu would be positive for players who want to quickly replace destroyed blocks, or Create custom structures from multiple materials.

Easy solution. Remove repair hammer damage make the damage button upgrade. While repair button still repairs.

Just change damage button to upgrade button for repair hammers.

I don’t want reduce resource cost. Same cost as build from nothing. Change damage button to upgrade button.

Change the damage button to an upgrade button. The repair hammers can no longer damage. Making them upgrading and repairing only. Same cost as building a new structure. You have to upgrade by tiers for balance reasons.

Change damage button to upgrade button. There a simple way to repair.

The game has the repair do damage or repair. That already in game as of now. Two ways not to upgrade. Don’t hit the upgrade button (Damage right now). Only carry the tier you want to repair.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.