Vault boss chest room not giving loot

The big chest behind the orbs you look into for the story are not giving out loot after defeating the boss of the vault. along that the skull level 1-3 mobs are not giving skeleton keys and its a very serious issue atm on official servers

2 Likes

Hey @sniperray213

We’ll need more information about this so we can relay it to the team. Which vault is having this issue?

1 Like

It seems to be random. On Wednesday, I ran the Sanctuary of the Snakemen with my clanmate and the final chest was completely empty – for both of us. On Thursday, I ran it alone and the final chest spawned loot as expected.

On that same server, people have been complaining about this issue for several different vaults, but I don’t have a list of them.

2 Likes

Vault chest at the end has a different cd than the vault reset. While vaults have a reset of 105min±30min, the large chest at the end of the vault has around 2h+. This causes the Vault door reset and the chest at the end be out of sync and as a result the chest will not reset at the same time as the vault, thus sometimes being empty.

I tested this while waiting outside the vault of the twice drowned, farming scales of dagon. Entered the vault as soon as the door started glowing blue. Did the vault three times in succesion and the large chest at the end had loot only first time, and third time. This means the chest reset when the vault was on cd the second time.

2 Likes

Thanks for the additional information. It’s been relayed to our team.

2 Likes

There’s this thread as well, @Ignasi. Locations with screens.

1 Like

I was thinking that as well but based on my latest experience, I don’t think it is caused by the cd alone. It could contribute to the problem though.

My feeling as well.

I have been gathering my feedback in this thread and while I do run mods, I don’t think it is a mod related issue since we are seeing similar behaviour on officials as well. We had similar reports during the CB phase as well.

2 Likes

This has definitely been an issue on my server as well. All the settings are vanilla and there are no mods whatsoever. I’ve personally seen it occur several times in Den of the Wolf-brothers and the Bat Demon vault, whatever its actual name is, and there have been reports of it occurring in other vaults from different players.

2 Likes

I’ve been farming the vaults extensively for the past few days. I’ve done all 14 vaults multiple times, and I can confirm that it has happened at least once in every vault.

So far, everything seems to indicate that GodlyVoice was right about the reset timers.

EDIT: Narelle’s reply means things aren’t as simple as I hoped :slight_smile:

@CodeMage I have had an empty large chest on a private server which I am sure wasn’t looted for at least 17 hours. I know because I see who logs in and when. I was the only person who logged in during that period. I am running default settings.

I have also had an empty large chest on my private server in a vault that has never been visited before. It was our very first time in that vault but the chest was still empty. At that time we were only 2 people on the server (my server is whitelisted) and we both went to explore the vaults together.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.