Vault chest not giving loot and Discussion and thoughts

Vault chest not giving loot and Discussion and thoughts

Greetings and salutations, a videos that go into discussion nearly 1500 hours of playtime along with some recommendations that are really meant to be listened to as a podcast and not visually some of these constructs are discussed.

1 Like

Hey BrokenFang,

I have moved this thread to the Isle of Siptah subforum, as it provides feedback on the Isle of Siptah DLC. The thread will be seen regardless.

1 Like

I was going through several vaults earlier today on single player. Ran into lots of the little chests that were empty. Only one of the large vault chests at the end was empty, but in six different vaults, the boss did not appear.

3 Likes

This is one of the most annoying things in the new map currently

It seems like the dungeon resets faster than the chests…

Currently if the dungeons are done actively it is around 33% chance the chest contains loot.

Players on my server claim:
Dungeon resets in 45 minutes
Chest resets in 2 hours

This will give you 2 times out of 3 times the dungeon chest is empty.

2 Likes

I’m not sure it is even a reset timing thing. We have our own server, we ran some vaults yesterday that hadn’t been accessed since reset and there were small chests that were empty.

3 Likes

This is my experience as well. I am 100% sure that certain vaults haven’t been accessed within the past 17 hours and I still ended up with some empty chests and ocassionally, even empty big chests. The cooldown desync might contribute to the issue on busy servers but it is definitely not the only issue present.

3 Likes

AS per standard settings, Vault reset time is 105 minutes. Which doesn’t make sense as Vaults are open in less than 30-40min once the boss was killed. What we need is for the vault to become available once all chests in the vault are reset as well, please.

2 Likes

This has been causing a lot of frustration for my players. The vaults are part of the core gameplay cycle of Siptah, so to have that cycle broken because the boss chests contains no sigil or eldarium is a pretty big deal.

For the time being, I’ve used LBPR to allow myself to build anywhere, and then Pippi to add a Loot Spawner by each vault’s boss chest. At least this way, players are still able to get the sigil and some decaying eldarium even if the recipes and other loot remains unavailable.

4 Likes

No, that can’t be the case. I ran through the Goblinoids Vault in SP, and one of two smaller chests at the end was empty. As I play SP the Vault didn’t have to “reset”, because game is restarted each time you launch it. Moreover, I hadn’t visited this Vault for a long time: in my previous SP sessions I’ve been hunting elephants, crafting armor and gathering mats, so this Vault had rather long “server time” to reset after my last visit if it’s working similar to the Maelstrom (without resetting on each SP launch).

4 Likes

We are experiencing the same problem from the start of the game. This needs a fix badly since it destroys completely the mechanics of the game! Almost 50% chance to get no loot in the final chest…!!

1 Like

There is something in they refresh code… I mean i left all officials because of idiots who play PVP on pve by looting others stuff and killing servers with exploits , and found some normal russian server without any mods, meaning its vanilla. Just like officials, but here is problem what about ALL loot stuff in game

Server ressets 2,8,2am,8am … BUT

In each restart all vaults are closed, or no chests in them, then its like u dont even get any loot from any chests( same as officials ) even recipe bottles or language boxes are gone, until they spawn again, its for sure something bad is in actual spawn code after restarts or in spawn times…

1 Like

This happens to me on vaults, now, that I’ve run for the first time, missing eldarium in chests, missing final boss, missing sigil. Either all the faults are tied to the same timer, meaning it starts the reset countdown for all vaults after the last one completed, or the whole vault reset function is overtly bugged. That’s on single player so there’s no other players running the vaults.

3 Likes

I’m not sure if this is useful, but I wanted to share something I found out about loot chests on Siptah in general. I’m not talking about vault chests, I’m talking about normal loot chests.

If you open a loot chest that actually has loot in it, and you don’t loot all of it, you’ll notice that the chest gets closed again. However, if you loot everything it has, it stays open and doesn’t close. I’m pretty sure this is the reason so many loot chests (outside vaults) are empty when you open them.

This might not help with the vault chest issue, but I wanted to share it because I think it points to some serious problems with how the loot chests work.

2 Likes

On my private server (which I’ve been configuring so I do lots of resets) I’ve noticed that the current state of the storm seems to persist across resets.

Maybe the vaults are the same?

1 Like

Adding my 2 cents/experience…

I run a private server and this issue has come up a bit recently, so I did some testing.

Note: server settings are default/mirror official. Vault refresh mean is 105 minutes with standard deviation of 30 minutes.

I ran 3 different vault, cleared everything, came back 2 hours later, as MY experience over on Official PvP was that the sigil chest at the end was on a separate timer from the vault reset timer. The box on each vault I ran reset. So I did this test again, waited 2 hours, and went back. Again, the box on each vault reset.

My experience was that the sigil box at the end was on its own timer separate from the vault, just like the legendary weapon boxes are, and so far, this experience is playing out to be correct after doing a few trials.

I wonder if any other admins are able to replicate this experience? For what it’s worth, I think most people are assuming (and the assumption makes sense), that the sigil box is supposed to reset with the vault, when in fact, it does not.

My comments only pertain to the sigil box and legendary weapons boxes. I have not tested any of the other boxes out in the open world that people have reported as not working.

1 Like

Nice theory, but I’ve run into empty vault sigil chests on single player in vaults that I haven’t visited yet. Not to mention the numerous smaller chests that were empty as well.

2 Likes

I also noticed a trend with the outdoors ones. Could it be a generic condition.
For example, in vaults: I only pick up eldarium, lotus flowers and dyes from vault chests. Could this generate the condition for the next vault player to find an empty box?

1 Like

Could there be a RNG element in play?

1 Like

I cannot really comment on single player, other than single player is known for being exceptionally buggy (star metal drops in the Exiled Lands being one of those notable bugs Funcom fought for a long time). I would not necessarily draw comparisons on this issue between single player and server play.

1 Like

That sounds like the complete opposite of what I noticed with outdoor chests. Those will stay empty if you loot all, but will respawn their contents if you leave something in.

1 Like