Volary of the Harpy

Game mode: Single Player
Type of issue: Combat
Server type: Single Player
Region: Single Player

Volary of the Harpy Harpy wing attack completely depletes stamina and damages player with shield up.
Attack is spammed and 3 hits dead with 30 stamina 30 grit.

Please provide a step-by-step process of how the bug can be reproduced. The more details you provide us with the easier it will be for us to find and fix the bug:

1. In single player enter Volary of the Harpy
  2. Draw aggro from pink/purple harpies in vault.
  3. Harpy does one wing wind attack (the one where they swing there wings forward at you on the ground and a wave of wind and feathers attacks you).
  4. Blocking attack with shield drains all stamina and does damage. Try to walk out of way and another attack damages about 33% health or more. Cannot recover stamina from attack before another attack extends exhaustion and cannot defend attack and die in 2 more hits.

Is this intentional or a bug? I have epic level guardian armor on myself and thrall and cannot survive fighting one harpy.

2 Likes

I actually thought it was a change that’s in the testlive branch. I’d never gone into that vault before the 2.3 revamp. I guess it’s been like this the whole time?

This whole vault is absurd. Machine-gunning harpies, AWOL follower, invisible walls. It’s not a “good challenge” it’s a buggy pain in the rear. It seems the people designing vaults have some good ideas, but no idea what actual gameplay is like and how buggy everything is.

1 Like

OK so not just me. I was running that vault a few times before this problem started. It was a little off and I heard about the elevator, but never experienced it. I had a decent challenge, but have been playing this game since release and had successful runs multiple times. Don’t know where the spam fest stamina kill came from, but only started a couple of weeks ago when I ran it and died super quick.

Can confirm I have experienced this too. You can have full stamina w/ shield up and blocking. Harpy will 1 shot blast you across the room and drain your stamina completely.

Was never sure if it was a bug or intended change.

Harpy chainguns are absolutely insane.

• ridiculously high damage? check
  • ridiculously high range? check
  • ridiculously high radius? check
  • ridiculous ability to bend mid-flight to continue hitting you while attempt to move out of the way? check

Facing a single one is tricky if you don’t get the jump on it, but there are very few opportunities to face a single one, usually it’s 3-4. So you need your follower to fight them. While your horse manages to be glued to your butt your thrall or pet is off on Choose-Your-Own-Adventure time.

Trying to jump off a tree onto the mid-level walkway and discovering there is an invisible wall that prevents you from landing on the walkway and instead plunges you to your death is just icing on the cake.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.