Degenerated Harpy damage

That is ridiculous, 3 projectile shots at 1300 armor 40Vitality, dead.
Came back naked, 1 projectile shot, dead
Dead.
Dead.
Dead

Gear lost

3 Likes

Thralls and bows are useful for this

1 Like

I posted about this also. They need a nerf bad. This is making getting into other vaults in my server harder as nobody wants to run this one, so there are 2 less vaults in the total pool.

The only thing stopping me from running harpies is I don’t like jumping puzzles. But the great thing is, you just need to win once and then check it off your list. Lots of vaults means you get a lot of choices for what you want to do the most of, when grinding for Eld.

1 Like

The other Harpy vault does not have the mobs with this attack. They have an acid spit attack that’s super easy to dodge.

Its the harpy near the violet lake? We done it in the past with a friend and no thralls. Maybe they buffed it in 2.3 , we will check it out.

So playing only with my friend we did the harpy vault by the violet lake today without any thralls. For a solo player i would agree it may be to tough. For 2 of us it was just right , it was challenging, imho all vaults should be like that. Or this one should be easier , aimed at single palyers, so when we play in 2 we can boost with sliders. We died once , but then finished the vault.

3 Likes

I believe you can use a shield to block these attacks. Use ranged weapons also helps, wearing heavy armor doesn’t mean you can facetank all the mobs. There should be a challenge to them.

2 Likes

You cannot dodge these ranged attacks. They turn while casting, I’ve seen them rotate as much as 180 degrees to follow someone trying to roll-dodge multiple times. Combined with them shooting like thirty feet… just ridiculous.

4 Likes

Was said on dev-stream that all vaults are now lvl60, its already many things have been nerfed in the game too much, you have many different ways to kill them being level 60 and even playing without thrall, starting from the 2 trees where u can freely climb up and shoot them with gas\snake arrows thanks to their new aggro range they will be just under you. and just going forward you can aggro on you a small groups of 2-3 harpies which is not a big deal to firstly kill the red one then the rest browny harpies. It must be something challinging in Island of Siptah.

I have only done the Harpy vault by the Violet Isle once, but it seemed like I could roll under the ranged attack if I timed it right. Maybe try that.

Sound!

Did you do the roll pre 2.3 or pre 2.2 or pre stamina changes? If it’s any of those then try again now

The attack will eat up most if not all of your stamina if you are blocking with a shield.

Interesting

There’s much more to it than that though Palm, the problem isn’t that they hit that hard, the problem is they aggro from extremely far away, that damage hits the same at any range, and they have zero cooldown on that attack, which also pushes you away, shield or not. So it CAN sometimes become nearly impossible to close the gap and stagger it with attacks. THAT is the real problem. Same with rocknoses, they lowered the cooldown between attacks with them, if you get caught up with 4 or more you’re going to be knocked on your ■■■ repeatedly til you die without a chance to get up, it’s dumb.

3 Likes

@DiabolicDropBear it was pre 2.3, haven’t been in since the update.

Thats a good point . Being difficult is one thing, but Conan has a few of these non-stop knockout or non stop attack breaking thats just silly.

The degenerate attacks were post Stamina change which was 2.2 I think so if it’s before then, try going in now and you’ll see why

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.