We are in Q2 2018 and havent had an update since Q4 2017? WTF

Bookmarked and saved in my profile as a FAQ tip. Many thanks for this.

1 Like

I made the switch to Test Live and it is a much different and better game. It blows my mind that this isnt on Live yet. However, there is one bug that is making it almost unplayable… When I mine a node it disappears on the first swing and then you rubber band if you try to walk over where it was… like the server thinks its there but you cant mine it and its now invisible. I have confirmed this is happening on multiple servers and the node affected are the ones along the Eastern border wall.

Everyone is always like i want updates then they give us updates and they dont work then you guys get pissed off about that and say take your time with updates. Just let them do it the correct way shesh.

As someone who runs a testlive server. You don’t want it pushed to live yet. You have literally the most stable version of the game currently. While the testlive branch has alot of cool stuff, here’s the gamebreaking issues it has:

NPCs/Animals do not respawn. This requires a server restart.
Gathered Resources respawn, but do not show up. Requires a reconnect to the server.
Humanoids can not be harvested on MP. Making Ymir the only religion that works.
If you die while offline, you cannot connect to that server again.
Dungeon entrances sometimes send you to the wrong place, requiring suicide.
Some special crafting has wonky ingredient/repair requirements.

So… OP, if all of that is acceptable to you, feel free to switch to testlive. If not, wait till May 8th for a content update. Those issues all have to be fixed before being pushed to live. And they currently are working on some of them, have been for a week now.

2 Likes

I think ill just play Far Cry 5 til May 8th… I give up.

Yeah, I’d agree that waiting is perhaps the better option. I’d really like to play with all the new ‘bells and whistles’ too, but I don’t want the frustration of unpolished mechanics (ie. bugs) to ruin the fun.

@droch-aon: What do you do if you have to update [live]? Do you change folder names (steam and steamtwo) and opt out from [testlive] in steam, update and switch everything back after the update?
…or is there a more easy way?

The updates to live, are mostly the testlive build being pushed to live.
so you just copy from steam to steamtwo again.
Most updates to live just equalize the builds!

If by some fluke the live patch isn’t the test build, then what you suggest might be necessary.
But I’ve never had to do that in the time I have been fudging both builds.

From what I’ve seen in the livestreams, the dev build is far newer than the testlive build. Meaning we’ll all have to redownload much of the stuff that goes live in May.

In may it won’t matter
because there will no longer be a testlive.

Don’t count on that.

For anyone curious, I can confirm that this still works - my “main” installation is upgraded to TestLive, and the secondary one can be used to connect to “normal” Live servers. :+1:

1 Like

… 5 months later:

Nothing like exhuming the dead to prove a point xD

Your so cool xD

Yup! Nothing screams cool like this post!

But in all seriousness, considering how few are active on TestLive it’s good info if it gets a few more to take the plunge :slight_smile:

2 Likes

This seem to work for me at start, now it gives me error when using conansandbox_BE.exe, anyone else ?

Just remember that a lot of people are using single player rather then servers for testlive.

1 Like

Sure, and that’s very valuable too. But I’ve been semi-complaining that new patches aren’t tested on copies of actual live servers, and obviously that rings pretty hollow if we (as users) only show up in single-digit numbers :slight_smile: And I know from myself that still being able to log into “real live” servers is mandatory if I’m going to dedicate time to TestLive (mainly “because decay timer”).

Hi Qrizz,

I am not playing Conan at the moment.
if you are not playing on line with the second instal try just conansandbox.exe it’s the same but without battleye.

also if instal 2 is modded, check the mods.

I have a pre-combat update EA build, that still works.

Hope this helps you get on the right track to fixing the problem.

Question, did the equiping of thralls come before the combat update?

yes