-We need a pvp mode as a stable income-

Then the MoF rewards could only given in continously repeatable pvp missions of pvp modes such as Fusang that have no ending at all.

In fact, if the Fusang and it’s reward system was brought back without changing pretty much anything at all, that would be more than enough.

I think i have written about this before.

A large amount of people will then just do missions in PVP zone. Because they come for MoF.
They will undermine the experience to those who really want to do PVP.
It happened back in Fusang as well. In SWL, the grinding will be even more intensive.

I know that the balance of economy is equally important, but think also about this:

Even though the intentions may be ill, do you even recognize the beautiful thing that you just wrote?

Dungeons don’t grant MoF, which is my main issue with your plan.
Unless you mean it counts as a Daily Mission in that case I repeat: making MoF grindable is not going to happen.
Edit:
Sooooo, you want people to be resentful and bitter?
Because that’s what is going to happen. Fusang will have a lot of people that don’t want to be there and will probably make that known.

1 Like

Then perhaps the idea of being able to change currency between Aurum and MoF is a bad one.

In my opinion, whatever that can be bought with the real money should only be limited to the cosmetics.

The idea of being able to upgrade a character’s sprint with real money by itself sounds bad enough to me, to be honest.

Fair enough I disagree but that’s a discussion for another topic.
What you’re proposing isn’t a solution, though. If anything, it will make things worse.

I don’t really understand economics, so i am speaking this way.

I apologize to everyone. But i definitely need help in regards to this problem with what can be earned.

Nevertheless, i still believe that the pvp community is waiting for a chance at joining the action; just so they can even represent their faction. The very idea warms my heart.

While i don’t think it is a good idea to remove the limits set on MoF, I don’t see why PvP can’t be part of the dailies. Either in the form of them having their own category, maybe only in the Bonus, or them being part of it as a Main or Side mission.

Speaking of PvP currently in game. It would be nice to give people reason to actually try and win Shambala, instead of running in and see who can jump off the arena the fastest. Make a win a little more worth it.

2 Likes

No worries. I can tell you’re trying to come up with a good system to incentivice players to do the (Eventual? Let’s hope) PvP. I’m not going to say that more robust PvP shouldn’t happen. It’s my thing but the people that do it made it pretty clear that they’re passionate about it and I can’t fault them.
My personal hope is that Funcom can find a balancing act in trying to do good to both sides of the coin. Make PvP viable, but don’t leave non-PvPers in the dust. That’s all I really want.

3 Likes

Do you think people come to PvP zone for non PvP purpose is beatiful?
Do you think people farming e1 dungeons for agents is beautiful to new player? (Sure, they get carried. Who cares :stuck_out_tongue: )

PvP needs to have a reason for people to do the contents, not to just gain a reward.

This is what I can agree more than pay people to play.

1 Like

Yes, you are right too. I wouldn’t like this game to be turned into a grindfest either. :disappointed_relieved:

The experience of playing this game should be worth more than just that. But unfortunately, in the end, players will only look at whatever they can earn from the game, and how frequently.

2 Likes

Some of this is reminding me of the…discussions…that revolved around TSW and the ‘Daily Challenge’ system that got implemented and how it affected PVP by bringing non pvpers in.

One of the threads. https://forums.thesecretworld.com/showthread.php?94130-Challenges-have-provoked-severe-distortion-of-all-PvP&highlight=Daily+Challenge

“Having PVP again is better than not” vs “What, eating garbage is better than nothing?” Etc, etc. Best of luck to the current devs dealing with questions around pvp.

1 Like

I don’t think an extra category would work, but as a side or a main would be nice. That way you would have the option of doing mains, dungeons, scenarios, or pvp to complete dailies.

I’ve never personally seen people jumping off the arena in shambala, but giving the regular rewards to losers (so similar to just completing a main/side) and then something closer to the dungeon rewards + the regular rewards for shambala for the winners would possibly encourage people to try and win.

1 Like

I’d like to second a point here that for example over the past 4 Shambala events that I held being a total of almost 24hours of constant Shambala matches popping I had seen a total of one player purposely jump off the cliff repeatedly. Of course there are other ways of obtaining the same goal but I think it’s less common then expected.

Another point is that many names were drawn for various rewards like container keys and the most common response I got was that they were just there to enjoy the constant Shambala pops and get together with the PvP community.

Now regarding the MoF debate I didn’t get chance to read through all the posts because I’m on a work break ATM but my personal opinion is that direct garunteed MoF generation is a bad thing because grinders will grind and don’t underestimate how much they can grind lol. (Remembers the 12hour E8 dungeon speed runs when rushing to be first to down E10 NYR)

I do however encourage the use of RNG to create incentive to make MoF, a commonly suggested idea has been having agents drop in Shambala, it’s actually one of the more fitting places to see agents drop in my opinion.

That would be a valid concern, Pvp’ers practically live in pvp when the zones are there to inhabit & their grinding habits know no bounds , like wise for some pve’er types, they are the most tenacious of peeps, but there is no way Funcom would implement that anyways.

On the issue of agents dropping in PVP, i am not opposed to that as an idea , i’d actually support that & apreciate it as an addition.

I agree - adding mofs to anything as a reward would be bad and is for me out of the question as a source.
We have the bags as reward for a reason - they are your source after daily cap is done.
Do with them as you feel.
Sell on AH/Vendor or fodder.

The main issue really is there needs to be more sources of PVP like there was before.
the more options - the better.
For Shambala the rewards should never have been the same for win/lose - it’s the losing side that needs reduced i feel. Which would make the winning of the match have purpose and to partake to win is all any PVPer wants really, to feel excited and jubilant - thrilled and challenged. The reward should be like any other. Two talisman bags, one glyph bag and one weapon bag. It’s the current and acceptable standard - ANYTHING could be in those bags and we’ve all become accustomed by now - or should have - to the RNG of that.

If you add an exclusive agent or mofs to that then it would be like the Shambala signet fiasco again = people only doing it for that alone and not the enjoyment.

There should be nothing gained from PVP that you can not get elsewhere except for PVP outfits and PVP rank. Which is a standard i feel and perfectly acceptable - even for a PVE person - they would not feel like they had to go do something they really didn’t like - just to get that one thing like an agent, or extra mofs.
For example - Look what happened when they added PVP to the list of dailies? People complained that they were being killed in a PVP zone and they were only there to do dailies so they could complete the list given to them of jobs to do for the day. the response was “you are in a pvp zone, what did you expect” - this adds a negative feeling to both parties. I don’t want that. I won’t ask for it either.

I don’t mind PVP being counted as a daily main to contribute to your dailies - but nowhere should it be added as a Mandatory thing like before.

If they were to add an agent to the Shambala loot pool then it should be ANY agent can drop at the same rate as the lowest rate. Fairs fair and should not be exclusive.

(I would also like to apologise if any of my earlier comments contributed to the threads closure - it was in no way my intention and i was perhaps a tad hasty in commenting to begin with)

1 Like

I really don’t care for pvp… If that is the direction the game ends up taking I’m out.

Which is why it should never be mandatory - but should and could be there as an option for those that want to.

It was there before and it can be again.

It will never take the place of - or be the main focus of direction, or take over the main aspect of SWL - which is it’s story.

You can be rest assured that no PVPer is advocating that Funcom take an exclusive approach to that Fran.

Exactly, to bring back something I said on a suggestion post:

People ARE content. Not exploiting this easy source of entertainment is something Funcom can’t afford.

3 Likes