Weekly Community Newsletter - The End Is Nigh

PvE Conflict sounds great! I’ll likely create a character on there, while also playing a regular PvP server as well.

But until there is some way to “wage war” on a PvE Conflict server, I doubt it will have much long-term interest from me. I fear that players will just end up building all around the major thrall zones, and there won’t be a good way for players to remove buildings they don’t like. Would really like a ‘declare war’ system to enhance this server.

A lot of people are somewhere between PvP and PvE. We don’t mind PvP when it’s fun for both sides, but when it gets excessive / “grief-y” / time-consuming then it stops being as fun. PvE Conflict is an interesting way of limiting PvP somewhat, but I think it comes too short of the real solution. I think a more ‘agreed upon’ system would be awesome, with conditions for surrender. A ‘conquest’ system would work excellently — the war can be ended if the loser cedes all the buildings within a radius.

Here’s the link to my suggestion: https://forums.funcom.com/t/conquest-system-conquer-player-built-fortresses-and-settlements/

3 Likes

Sounds great.

But also mayhem servers returning might be wanted, as there are at least some players a little… sad about them vanishing.
With those servers it seems there is a learning curve, starting from new players to very experienced or even skilled players, but I think that curve should end at mayhem. As skilled players should be able to create “secret stashes” at their base.

@Jens_Erik While you’re making announcements, any chance you can fill us in on server population limit and clan population limit?

As nothing has been said according this, I would assume it stays like it is?

He replied in another thread… see the updated FAQ. 40 server pop, 10 in the clan max.

Player cap: 40
Clan cap: 10

Also, we’ve talked about it internally and we’re doing some changes. PvP servers will have 2x harvesting and 1x xp gain and crafting times. PvE will have 1x everything. The Purge will be active on all server types, but only between 6pm and 10pm (local server time).

7 Likes

Is it possible to up the harvesting on everything except the supplies to make explosive Jars and orbs to raid with? On the X2 harvesting for PvP servers that is.

Player cap 40?
Why will it still be the same as from the time the Desert area was available only?
When the North came, you did not take up the player cap, and now not with a whole new Jungle area aswell, again no raise of player cap?
Good luck finding people now, with only MAX. 40 players only.

But in other words,
Why not take out 20 servers and then take the player cap to 50?

3 Likes

Hm.
Ark is locked at 70 as well.
(In the first few months that has been the same for this game, but it didnt really work out.)
One might start thinking it’s due to the engine… At least I do.

I would like people to stop calling those games MMOs.
MMOs allow like thousands of players at the same server at the same time. With hundreds of them clashing during pvp.

1 Like

On the PVE servers, will there be different options? For example, will some have players drop all items on death and some be players keep all items on death? I know the -fast are gone, which had the keep items. Just wondering how the PVE servers will be configured.
thanks.

personally, I do not thank the game is ready for launch it still has bugs

On the first PvE server on your list, will it also be no items dropped on death too?

Awesome Dev team… Can Hardly wait. Love the parameters on the different servers… Keep up the great work.
Thanks,
Chris

I have a question about Xbox One launch, is there another patch/download planned on May 8th ?

I have a data limit on my connexion and i’m planning to reinstall the game in the monday - tuesday night but if there’s another big patch at 13:00 CEST tuesday for launch, I’ll have to delay the install to optimise the download and not use too much data.

Yes, there will be a patch on May 8th. Certainly a huge one.

On PC yes, but on Xbox i’m not sure that a patch is ready for the launch, because of the Microsoft Cert.

I had my doubts too for the very same reason, but the devs have stated here and there that there would be a “Major” Day 1 patch for all platforms on May 8th. We’ll see, I guess, but they’ve even said on Twitter 3 hours ago that “There will be a major launch day update on all platforms that will bring the game up to the launch version” for those buying the disc version on the 3 platforms.

Ok, looks like I’ll have to wait for the launch hour to reinstall :frowning:

Except if they give us the patch weight before ^^’

I wonder why server 856 disappeared?