What about a season pass?

Well, I posted this on the suggestions subforum, but I would like to know what the rest of the players think about this.

“Well, since my english is a little rusty, I’ll try ro express myself the best I can.
Maybe it’s time to change the game model (dlc now and then) to a newer/funnier one, and I think a season pass is the best way to keep players and get new ones.
A season pass with a couple of free cosmetics for everyone (maybe some emotes, a cool torch, some points to spend into a season store with cool looking weapon or armor recipes, maybe new animals skins or horse/rhino saddles, carpets or banners, hairstyles or tattoos, the possibilites are infinite), and some more for the elite pass, would be awesome to keep people doing stuff after getting into endgame.
Maybe some ranking tables for clans in pvp and pve (against purges?).
But the thing that makes me think more and more about this, is the oportunity to get this game a turnaround about cheaters or hackers. Maybe every new season we could have a full stats reset and a wipe on the map, to start a new season from scratch but keeping our character and all our feats. Idk, just an idea, right now I can’t play so I’ve been thinking about this game a lot :smiley: GLHF.
Cheers.”

1 Like

idk about a wipe on the map. But looking at game prices, dlc prices, and all that it doesn’t seen Funcom has the income from conan exiles to put out more content and keep a few game masters to watch over the servers. If a game pass is what will give Funcom more income for more content and to hire game masters i’m all for it. But for some reason i have a strange feelin a wipe on the map may come when the servers hit age 1000 but who knows o.o.

1 Like

I personally would quit if I had to pay a seasons pass. I’ve bought all DLC’s other than Sipta. So have a lot of other people. CE was enough to get them out of bankruptcy. I don’t think they need annual payments from me until they start squashin some bugs and makin things playable. Just my 2 cents though.

6 Likes

Ikr? a monthly subscription would be a nono for me too. But a season pass is free unless you wanna unlock more stuff, so, you would be getting things for free (that you don’t get usually) and you have the option to support them by buying the premium pass (like you would do with a normal cosmetic DLC).

2 Likes

How about a season pass that fixes stuff? :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

If i could pay for that, I would :joy:

3 Likes

I already have wet dreams for reaching First Season pass Perk/Level, no more 50 in all stats! Yes! Season Pass is so awsome!
:crazy_face:

1 Like

That was part of the idea, a stat reset when a new season starts :stuck_out_tongue: and a proper wipe for the dupers too.

I cannot remember the name of the player that speak about the blitz servers. Back then I wasn’t in the game, so this sound like alien to me, since I didn’t find the game this way. Every idea, might hide some really good things inside or solutions. @Taemien said in one post this is a half good idea, or something like that, well I believe the same for this idea here. Conan is not Fortnite. Conan is an adult game and adult costumers are more difficult and demanding. The fact that one single player can own up to 10. 000 things stored inside his base can cause serious performance problems in the servers. So your idea might do good in the performance issue but cause the rage of the players who like to play this way. My English are bad too, but I think you get my point here :wink:.

I totally agree with you. Many people have even bought the game on multiple platforms because the player base is so small. They have received more than enough money from us. Its about time the players see a return on their investment.

I was around for the blitz servers, they became ghost towns very quickly. Which is why they were discontented. But they also wiped monthly.

A yearly wipe like OP suggests might be a better option.

Regardless I do believe something needs to be done to eliminate the ill-gotten spoils of dupers and cheaters

And I am a fan of the Season pass, I bought the first and second.

1 Like

Yeah, but see, that’s what they call the kicker, lol. The minute they start with passes there is no where left to go but premium. Then people get to spend more money. The “free” part always “kicks” it off and the next thing ya know more money is bein spent.

@metallica : I’m not mad at them or anything. I just think, instead of seasons passes and DLC’s and such…just, fix some bugs, that’s all. :grinning:

I understand your point, I also want more fixes and less bugs every big patch, but they need money, like every game dev would, to keep working on the game. So I tought that would be a good idea.

I play another game called conqueror’s blade, it has season passes, I never bought one, but I have at least 1 exclusive item (weapon skin or armor) from every season just playing it free, and I think that’s awesome.

I hope people understand that it costs quite a bit of money to keep official servers running. Its a constant money sink. Where we pay for the game or dlc on a one time purchase. Where are they gonna keep getting a income to keep paying for servers and game designers to make new content? If a game designer makes anywhere between $15-$25 a hour (small amount) and they work 40 hour weeks. Plus how ever much it costs to keep official servers up. Wheres the income making up for all that?

2 Likes

Based on pvp these adults you talk about are very immature lol.

6 Likes

What about season pass on a few officials.
No decay timer, moderated by funcom, and cheaper dlcs (50%???) and other season pass perks. That way you don’t want a season pass fine, then play on exploited officials or join a private.

4 Likes

i don’t like the idea of a infinite decay timer. People love making huge bases if not mutiple huge bases. There is this one clan on my official server that practically has huge tier structures in every biome and somehow never decays yet you never see those players online ever.

2 Likes

@WhatMightHaveBeen did mention moderator from Funcom witch might prevent massive builds depending upon server rules. Think private server rule set with Funcom the admin.

4 Likes

I’m all down for that, would be awesome to have another option out of the 2 common ones.

1 Like

Like i wanna build a MMORPG Capital city on exiled lands… but because it became so big / massive. It should have a decay timer if i did become inactive awhile.

1 Like