What change would you like to see to Siptah

Finally found one :slight_smile:
The only thing left to find is the edgesmith

2 Likes

Edgesmith do seem a bit rarer (or Iā€™m in the wrong areas). On all 3 Siptah servers Iā€™ve been on I only found the 2 other.

1 Like

Ask or trade it for something

Just want to sayā€¦ Iā€™ve done 50 vault clears last week and the week before this is what Iā€™ve got:

• 5 recipes which 2 pieces were double (serpentman statues and kiln)

This is not okay.

3 Likes

The rant continues:

RNG would have been somewhat fine if every clear dropped at least a recipe, it would still be annoyingā€¦

But doing the vault for 50 times and getting only 5 non important recipes is worseā€¦ this is next to nothing.

Compare the 50 vault clears compared to 1 clear on Exiled Lands for the Grandmaster smiths and Midnight Alchemist.

Tbh I donā€™t see any reason why I should play Siptahā€¦ there only 3 good vaults out of 14. And the 3 good ones are not even close to the level of fun on the dungeons on Exiled Landsā€¦

The pools are okay/somewhat fun to do, but its based on RNG yet again.

The only thing thatā€™s better on Siptah are the legendaries you can craft making the real legendaries obsolete crafted with a thrall for exampleā€¦ (but crafting something takes out the fun of finding a unique weapon for meā€¦ so yet again it takes out the fun).

This is what buggs me the mostā€¦ all strong legendaries been nerfed to death for example (I know this is Exiled Lands which can still be ported to Siptah):

You can get better stats on the Lemurrian Axe with a durabity close to Yog Touch and its lighter (the corruption is the only difference but no where close to the dmg output you can get with the Lemmurian axe).

I hate nerfsā€¦ why nerf a weapon that is hard to get? There is no reason to spend time and find the Yogā€™s Touchā€¦ I know bla bla bla balance bla bla bla, but has the droprate changed? I still didnā€™t find it -.- which is fine if the weapon was worth it.

Another example (all have cripple btw aim for legs):

The Voidforge bow with the Master fitting and crafted by damage thrall has 40 dmg and 20% pen
The legendary Derketoā€™s Voice has a lot less and can max out a 12% pen with a master fitting

Iā€™ve tried on single player many tests with many build considering the 5 accuracy differenceā€¦ in all my tests the Void bow came out a winner.

(Sidenote, the Voidforge bow is again hidden behind RNG it took me 125 shards to get this not jokeā€¦ and I still donā€™t have the Voidforge shield)

Bow of the Grey Onesā€¦ canā€™t be crafted with thrall, and has only 1000 durabityā€¦ have fun after putting a master weapon fitting in it -.- it weighs a tonā€¦

Sorry post came out longer than I was expecting, its just mentioned before and I mention it again since nothing has changed.

4 Likes

Yeah vaults are a total waste for RNG recipes. It kinda feels like a joke that you can kill 5 summoned mobs that take 5 seconds each to kill and get a recipe with a little luck (at least you almost always get a recipe after 2 multi mob summons), while you can clear 5 dungeons that take 10-20 minutes each and not get a single recipe.

And on the other hand the new RNG weapon recipes (from scrolls) are all worse than the recipes you learn in vaults and the tower, but are way more expensive to craft. But I guess at least it looks like you can also craft non epic versions of them. Could be kinda neat if you probably werenā€™t already at end-game gear when youā€™re spamming vaults/summons :man_facepalming:

2 Likes

Yet in about 2.5 weeks my friend has done far less than 50 surges, obtained scores of recipes, 7 edge smiths just that I know of (heā€™s given me 3), and 1.5 ā€œLarge Chestsā€ of other T4 named thralls. How many slots in a ā€œLarge Chestā€? I think 45ā€¦ so that means heā€™s received so many named thralls we was able to give away about 60 in just 18 to 20 days. And he doesnā€™t do surges every day. Seems like he runs it 4 or 5 times in 3 or 4 hours and does so about once every three days. Iā€™m not online 24/7 so it could be more but Iā€™m pretty sure itā€™s not very much more if so.

On the recipes, he dropped about 30 to 40 duplicates in front of myself and two others and said have at. That was about 5 days ago. He has not been on the server longer than a month. I met him at level 8 or so when he was still in grass clothes - a little less than a month ago.

Vaults give you eldarium, sigils, and the armor & weapon crafting abilities of the inhabitants. Not much more. Well, funky ornamental statuesā€¦ If youā€™re grinding them for recipes I think thatā€™s a mistakeā€¦ Unless you really love grinding. - and grinding, and grindingā€¦

I wonder why people assume itā€™s the game when I find itā€™s much more often the case that itā€™s the player? I think maybe itā€™s these forumsā€¦ Everyone is so used to blaming others - the game, the designers, the devs, etc. Itā€™s kinda sad that is what catchesā€¦ instead of the spirit of adventure, tips, and so on. Itā€™s like, how many loooooooooong complaint threads are there - and in comparison, how many long tip or adventure threads? :astonished:

Iā€™ve only done 4-5 surges (t4 ones or whatever theyā€™re called). only got a couple of crafters and a bunch of fighters (that are worse than what you can just go out in the world and grab). Not a lot of recipes either. Decent amount of dp from one type of surge though.

Small sample size but I think it takes luck or a lot more surges to get a lot of crafters from them.

And my comment wasnā€™t a complaint about T4 crafter spawn rates on Siptah. I actually donā€™t think itā€™s worse. What is worse is that EL has some guaranteed spots and some very large npc camps. So on EL you can always find some random T4, making it feel like more spawns.

When you want to find specific thralls itā€™s the same on both maps. You need good routes or luck. And some of them just donā€™t have good routes (on both maps). Fx it took me aaaages to get a cimmerian armorer on EL. I donā€™t think I saw one in at least a year.

And I havenā€™t actively tried to find an edgesmith, so thatā€™s probably why itā€™s been more rare for me.

Siptah has same or bigger camps by my reckoning. I think bigger myself but itā€™s just my feeling as I never thought to compare - only play them. And at least three of them I know of are pretty much guaranteed to always have at least one T4 - often two or three.

Well to me the level of a grind is determined by the amount of (repeated) time and effort you need to apply in order to achieve a particular result. With a surge itā€™s about 12 or 18 T4 thralls (5 to 7 crafters) in about three hours if youā€™re being fairly casual. Raiding camps in either EL or Siptah thatā€™s reduced to about 5 or 6 in the same amount of time. So, as I calculate it surges are about 70% less of a grind.

For recipes itā€™s much more. Surges pay about 2 to 5 per hour whereas vaults pay 2 to 3 per week. So you might wanna think about retaliating against whoever it was who super-glued your hand to your face there bud. :wink:

1 Like

Siptah donā€™t have camps the size of Sepumeru, New Asgarth or Black Galleonā€¦ The biggest are closer to The Summoning Place.

The biggest I guess is Bastards Stand, but last time I checked it didnā€™t have any crafter thralls (or almost none, donā€™t remember, but not worth visiting)

And also Accursed Citadelā€¦ But I donā€™t remember how many crafters spawn there, I just find that place laggy and annoying lol.

Bastards stand is probably 4th or 5th and thereā€™s almost never good thralls there. Thatā€™s were you go if you need blood for the godsā€¦ No need to even bring a truncheonā€¦

Are you playing on a console? Itā€™s pretty nice on a decent PCā€¦ at least it is for me

I donā€™t care to have a discussion if youā€™re going to be ā€œmysteriousā€ and not just say ā€œNo, this is biggerā€ā€¦

But none of the camps on the southern isles are. The Ashen Core arenā€™t either.

So whatā€™s left?

Only one I havenā€™t ever really thought about scouting for thralls in are Camp of the Castaways. Guess that has a decent number of spawns too.

But still none of them are the size of the 3 big ones in EL.

Yeah PS4 (old crap I know)ā€¦ For some reason that place is the slowest to load the buildings/placables/etc on the whole mapā€¦ Try to get distance on some mob and you suddenly find out youā€™re just running in to some barrels that has been invisible for 5 minutes or whatever lol.

1 Like

With Character Transfer, why bother to start in Siptah at all? Go to EL, learn there and transfer over and learn the siptah stuff. The only thing keeping my characters in place currently is the stuff in the bases. With this merger thing going on and meaning I will have significant depletion of my stores, I may just pop over to Sitpah and learn the stuff that canā€™t be transfered (vault arms and armor, stygian invader, all the various building stuff) and then pop back because I do love the EL.

2 Likes

I simply would like to see boosted offical servers. It takes waaaay too long to harvest and build anything of value only to sign off to eat, come back on and 18 hours of farming gone in ten minutes. Soā€¦Yeah offline raid protection would also be nice.

Iā€™d also like to see Thralls remain strong when fighting NPCs and normalized when fighting PCs. NO THRALL should be able to one shot or even ten shot an PC. Too many troll PC players leave the fighting to their thralls. In my years of playing Iā€™ve only been killed like 3 times by a PC, the rest are ONLY Thralls killing me. Except when they offline meā€¦which is the ONLY time Iā€™m EVER attacked.

Soā€¦Yeah, letā€™s start with damage adjustments agains PCs and Farming rates and go from there.

If it didnā€™t take 12 hours to build my four T3 walls and a roof, there wouldnā€™t be (as much)spamming and getting raided wouldnā€™t kill the servers.

Ohā€¦a sneak attack would be awesome to addā€¦Where one can sneak up on a PC or NPC and get a dagger kill? Think of a ā€œfinishing moveā€ type of attack.

1 Like

Not just in theoryā€¦

19 out of 20 of those people just havenā€™t figured out Siptah yet and are trying to play it like EL - and the 20th person is just agreeing in order to be nice. :wink:

I dunno, I do a lot LOT less grinding on Siptah then I do on EL. And the grinding I do do pays triple or quadruple in most cases - and an order of magnitude is some cases.

I think the only mistake FC made in the whole RNG theme of Siptah was mixing in the cooking recipes with the other stuff. In that regard alone I wish they had a set location. Surges once understood, just rain down thralls, materials, and recipesā€¦ Overall itā€™s a LOT LESS random than EL. But since there is only three (?) cooking recipes thatā€™s three out of about 100 others that come down - making them a bit too rare for my taste. You have to run the Leyshrine about 20 times to get them. And being so integral to other areas of progression - thatā€™s a bit of a mistake IMO.

Had not thought about it. ~=shrug=~ I dunnoā€¦ might be interestingā€¦ I kinda like watching them run along behind too tho. :smiley:

Siptah is too easy, talking from a PVE-C perspective. PVP it must be brutal.

Okay so when other people think 3 recipes (midnight potions, grandmaster kits) are too hard to get, we should realize the RNG actually isnā€™t that bad, but when itā€™s the 3 recipes you want, then the RNG makes stuff too rare? :man_facepalming: :rofl:

Well the grandmaster weaponsmith and armorsmith is amongst the 1st one i foundā€¦xd coocking on the other hand ā€¦ But overall noo

Only 100 fops r needed and in exiled u have all recipes from libraryā€¦ the rest r just exploring!!!

1 Like

Yeah well I got 2 cooking recipes in no time, so they arenā€™t rare either :man_facepalming:

Random is random.

1 Like

For Siptah, for them to add more dungeons to the map. Challenging dungeons for the expert players.

Although it would be nice to have a linked EL server to bounce back and forth from, without worrying about your clan/base each time. Although, not sure there are equal number of IoS servers to EL servers so that may complicate things.

Note, I have not done any transfers since my clanmates and I never seem to play at the same time so would make it difficult to return. Not that is a big issue currently since I prefer to stay in Siptah anyway, but would be nice.