What the Heck is going on

The past several days have been pretty rough for Conan Exiles.

They missed a version authentication on PS4 after PS4 system update.

Today PC got a patch, which was arguably not needed, nor ready.
Said patch included new unannounced service which borked players character data due to failure to synchronize data ids

I mean we have all shamedly accepted FunCom’s lackluster track record with updates because we enjoy the game as much as we do.

But this stuff really has me wondering whats goin on.

3 Likes

Yeah, I just shut down my server because of this. No suggested fixes or workarounds appear to work, probably because even as I was I was struggling to get the server and client working again, another update rolled out with no info on what it actually did. I’m done with Funcom and Conan, at least for a while. It’s going to be a long time before this mess gets sorted and the info on how to manage servers is brought up to date again (datacmd blah, blah) . Of course, by the time THAT happens, they’ll release yet another highly disruptive and largely unwanted update. You can almost set your watch to the frequency with which Funcom borks it’s own game.

3 Likes

Must be a stop watch

2 Likes

It has to be their new DRM scheme…

They got rid of denuvo and added something that’s trashing servers now.

I’m willing to bet “Funcom Live Services” is the reason.

1 Like

Did the same, WT? Funcom !!!

Dont panic, in a week itll be back up with a post advising players its not their fault lol

3 Likes

There is a solution that works apparently
‘‘maybe help to remove the memory reading error. (anyway it worked for me)
you need to remove the BattleEye service and install what it offers at startup
close game
run Conan Exiles\ConanSandbox\Binaries\Win64\BattlEye\Uninstall_BattlEye.bat
run Conan Exiles\ConanSandbox\Binaries\Win64\ConanSandbox_BE.exe
press ok
close game.
clear dir Conan Exiles\ConanSandbox\Saved\Logs
create dir “SilentEvents.log-upload-0” in folder logs
run game on steam’’

This is not my work and you find more info about it in here

pfeh, Funcom will just push out another zero-information update and break this workaround in the process. Been happening all day. Hope it works, doubt it’ll last if it isn’t already broken.

1 Like

Even though my server seems to be not broken anywhere that I could see I shut the server down just in case. I really feel for some of the peeps in this sh-t storm on the forums losing all their things, no log in, endless loop crash, blah blah blah, and certainly pushing the trust level into the sewer.

Funcom chose to implement this Funcom Live Services and they continue to produce patches that do strange things (bugs) to the game. The thing is it takes us players/admins less than a couple days of just playing to see these issues that were supposedly fixed/patched and then new issues. Absolutely obvious the Funcom QA don’t actually play their game as intended.

So for the first time since mid-early access (prior to Highlands in 2017) that my server is shut down entirely. And to be honest I am not sure I really want to start it back up. At least not for awhile. My 20hrs a week of gaming/relaxing will have to find a different avenue. I am finally bitter. Took awhile!

Thanks Funcom. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

2 Likes

Same here, we stop server and looking for an other game, all chars form us are lost.

1 Like

Im wondering if the numbers after our steam names are prison or holocaust. either way I resent them 100%.

1 Like

So who came back after todays FUBAR update? I’m keeping this thread alive because the initial problem never really got fixed and the little progress they made was completely wrecked by todays update (June 25). Who’s with me? Roll it back! Roll it Back!

1 Like

The only solution is roll back to june 15th befotre the patch on 16th, it can be done they just dont want to admit that funmcom live services is a total failure.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.