What time is the Halloween event ending today?

So what time is the event ending today? Got a private server and need to make sure all my players and server is taken off of testlive.

At the time of this message, it is after midnight in Oslo. Therefore, it is November 7 in Oslo. Thus, the time has expired for Funcom to return Conan Exiles to its normal gameplay. And despite the numerous inquires, no official word has been issued as to why the event is still continuing. So something must be wrong. :frowning:

1 Like

As you said, it’s just on midnight 7th Nov … and still the 6th for the USA. I can not see that they would add or remove events based on individual time zones, more probable they picked one Timezone to be the start/end for the world.

Its likely Funcom decided to roll out the removal of the Halloween event during normal office hours so if there were issues they’d have a full staff available to work on resolving them … rather than have a small group work overtime at midnight to implement the change.

Alternatively, due to issues with the event they decided to extend it … though I’d expect that would have been announced.

Yes. Unfortunately that is painfully obvious. They must of did a test of the repatch to remove the event and discovered some kind of devastating after effect and right now I’m sure their in a panic trying to get a solution before they are forced to make some kind of official comment.

1 Like

Patch is coming on the 7th, no given time. They said the last day would be the 6th I believe, which would be today. They are working other things into the patch besides a simple restore as well.

But that’s what I don’t understand, why wasn’t it already ready and sorted for the patch to then easily roll out for the 7th. Instead it feels like they either left it and are only sorting it out now. Or it feels like they messed something up from the beginning and have been trying to fix it this last week. Either way the whole event overall has been a complete issue for Funcom and associates, as well as the players. I think they should just perfect what they already have instead of jumping to the next commercial stunt.

3 Likes

Or they thought to leave it on for extra bit for those who had to wait for patch to even play it right.
I got maybe 4-5 hours of “keep-able” items on ps4 side since we had wait for patch to even make it playable. Had restart my character a few times, so lost all star pickaxes and other goodies…

Its 10am there or so(I did quick math…lol) Soon I assume?

I love CE, but to me lately each update or patch or whatever gets me a bit unease as to what is going to happen next. With new patch comes who knows what new issues with the game, and that personally makes me a little nervios given the track record of patch and fixes. I mean, I will start the game with this strange feeling as in what is going to break now?, more than what has been fixed? Kind of thing. To put it bluntly, my trust and confidence in these patches lately has dropped to minimums. Sorry to say this, and I want to be wrong of course.

Hopefully they can revert the Halloween thing without anything else breaking in the process. I know it’s not what I should be thinking, but that’s how I feel it.

2 Likes

Why shouldn’t you think that? Because it’s a negative thought?
I don’t think what you wrote is negative, just realistic unfortunately:-)

1 Like

Official PC Servers reset in 10 minutes. That’s when the event started, one week ago. It’s a reasonable assumption that is when it will end.

700 Potions of the lost soul later, it is now ‘too much of a good thing’ for me and I will be glad to see it go.

There are lots of posts that take an hour or just because it’s not removed yet. But worst of all, it is the silence that reigns from them when this question arrives.

1 Like

Reality is that the community managers cannot say ‘We are so sorry but we(well not we but another department ofc…) screwed up, again…’ so yea that is why they are silent about this.

3 Likes

i am 99% sure there will be WIPE on all servers cause they have a problem to rollback this game. i am pretty sure

3 Likes

Haha. Maybe.

As much as I wana believe that they haven’t removed the halloween update because it would break the game, that hasn’t exactly stopped them trying updates in the past. They usually just break the game and go ‘whoops sorry!’

1 Like

Ok, this shouldn’t be a wipe, the changes made to db files where none. Afaik the event was purely cosmetic light setting, plus the meteors event. It shouldn’t be hard to revert those changes… change light patterns and settings, and remove the meteor shower trigger.

1 Like

Exactly. It’s just a reversal of the update, it should be next to impossible to screw up. Even for funcom. Much as I love this game the devs don’t make it easy.

Uuh, now I get flagged because of repeating an expression of an other poster, and providing a link to the fact that they earned a fortune on this game.

I think I might try to get banned next. honestly.

2 Likes

Jesus…
The tunnel vision that number crunchers have is legendary.

Well, they’ll have to deal with brand toxicity now on their next Conan game.

1 Like

And I´m amased by the positiv thinking of some folks who don´t whant to see the facts, wile continue to act as freelance advertiser for a bad policy.

1 Like