Wheel of pain and Large Animal Pen decayed less than 10 hours after using them

[Online Official] [Bug] [PVE] [US East] [Xbox Series X]

Bug Description:

I created a large animal pen and filled it with animals. I also created a wheel of pain and filled it with 4 thralls. Near them were approx 12-18 foundations, a bed and some chests along with a crafting table.

I played the game and interacted with them both at approx. 2030 my time. I woke up and at 0830 my time the next morning both had went to abandoned and decayed within the short time frame. I lost my thralls and the animals both.

From my understanding, that isn’t supposed to happen that fast, especially since i interacted with me.

Steps to Reproduce:

Please provide a step-by-step process of how the bug can be reproduced. Please be as detailed as possible; the more details, the easier it will be for us to find and fix the bug:

1. Build Wheel of Pain
  2. Add Thrall
  3. Goto Bed
  4. Wakeup
  5. Wheel of pain is decayed

Did u checked the timmers before u go to sleep? Some foundation may have been near but the builds may not shared the same decay timmer…
Were they placed on foundations or directly at ground?

What happened seems that the 2 placeables (pens and wheel) were not connected to main base and the timmer was way shorter than u expected…

1 Like

Decay rates can be from 1 hour to 168 hours.If it`s not very close or connected to your base it will decay fast.U have check it and make sure it has 168 hours to decay.

i think you misspelled point 1

1. Build Wheel of pain on foundations connected to the rest of the base

Create a Repair Hammer at a BS bench, equip it, and review the decay timer.

As has been noted, things near each other may not share the same decay timer. If your placables are not on foundations, their timer is very short.

1 Like

Greetings,

Thank you for your report.

Can you please share a screenshot of the event log showing the decay information?

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.