Where to find some special items?

Yes, that is what I do. But this need not be the ‘normal’ way to do it, other players may do it differently.
Besides, once grown up in levels I move my home further to the north.

Understood. So, is there a way to move homes?

You can begin a new home with room to store items and move your heavy items using a thrall or pet. Remember if you are playing pvp and you are killed someone or your follower they can loot your items. Good luck. I would recommend you watch some of Wak4863 YouTube videos. @marcos.zy. @marcos.zy

2 Likes

I think a short clarification is needed here.

(will not go into explanation of decay now)

Whatever you build in the world is yours and is there to stay.
If you want a “home” or “base” at another location, you cannot simply “click and transfer” it.
You need to make that base from 0 (literally).

returning home:
There are no missions here that would teleport you to your “home” after you are done (unless you are killed and you choose bed in your base). You go about your way, farming, gathering, killing, capturing, After that, you still need to walk/run/ride home on your own (Obelisks to be explained later).

There are instances (called dungeons here) that would pull you inside, and when finished, you would spawn near the point where you entered. Still, no “home” button.

If you will, please think on this and combine it with several very informative answers above.
(apologies for not quoting anyone)

After this, 2 important questions that you NEED an answer to:

• how does decay timer work?
  • how do obelisks work?
2 Likes

As sestus2009 wrote, watch Videos from @Wak4863.
But @JustHorse, @Firespark81 and Angrybull (all their YouTube/Channel names) also make good clips for Conan!

3 Likes

@Meo thanks for filling in the blanks I didn’t catch that he was thinking return button. Like in some games. The mistakes I would have made if not for the pc beta players before console release. Of course still make plenty.

Hi Marcos.zy and welcome to the community! I have a few questions I would like to ask you so that we can offer you some additional quality of life improvements.

1. What is your mode of play? Are you on an Official PvE or PvP server, Offline Singleplayer? My question is do you have Admin access on your game?

2. Have you learned how to build a Maproom yet? This is the games fast-travel device.

3. Do have any or many Thralls, Pets or a Horse yet?

Depending on your answers, we can tailor advice specific to your mode of play.

1 Like

Hey guys,

Many thanks for your kindness and help! :slight_smile:

So, answering Croms_Faithful :slight_smile:

1. I play solo. Just hit that solo/co-op button on PC version of the game and go on.

2. Maproom? No. What’s that? At which level can I build it, and what are the requirements, please?

3. I don’t have any thralls, pets or horse, unfortunately. :frowning: At which level do I get those?

Also, guys, how to get “slaves” (I don`t know the exact word in english for portuguese “lacaios”).

I don’t want to give away too much, but here are the clues that are supposed to guide you to a Map:

1. There is a Journey Step to defeat the Abysmal Remnant. This is the boss at the end of “The Dregs”, a dungeon at the west-most end of the Stating River.
  2. The Abysmal Remnant drops a staff. The description on the item gives very loose guidance to the Tower of Bats
  3. At the top of the Tower of Bats there is an albino bat demon boss. His blood plus the staff in a special crafting station on top of the Tower turn the staff into a speaking guide.

4. The staff directs you to the Archives in the Unnamed City, where the Archivist can teach you how to make a Map Room

2 Likes

You need to get a truncheon and hit a NPC with it. The truncheon does not do too much lethal damage, but more concussion damage so that the NPC loses consciousness and can be dragged away with a rope. You will have to build a ‘Wheel of Pain’ to drag the unconscious NPC to, in order to break his will. When he is broken, you can take him from the wheel and use the thrall according to his profession.

And ‘thrall’ is the designation for what you called slave (which is essentially the same).

No problem at all marcos.zy, I enjoy helping newer players players. Even more so as much like yourself, Conan Exiles was my first ever Survival game. It does have kind of a steep learning curve, but I grew to love it, and it become second nature in good time.

I am curious if you have Admin access or not. If you do, then this is something I encourage all Singleplayers (like myself :slightly_smiling_face:) to do, and will really enhance your quality of life:

Pause the game (Esc) then go it ‘Settings’. From here go to ‘Server Settings’ and into ‘General’ > and click on the box titled ‘Make Me Admin’. From here go back and into ‘Survival’ > and ensure that the box for ‘Drop Equipment On Death’ is unchecked. Finally, go out again and into ‘Pet And Hunger’ > and ensure that the ‘Use Minion Poulation Limit’ is also unchecked.

You will now no longer drop all of your goodies when you die! This comes with an added benefit. When you wish to return home quickly after travelling long distances you can simply Pause the game (Esc), select ‘Remove the Bracelet’, and choose to respawn at home…with ALL of your goodies.

As I touched upon in my previous post, Maprooms are our games Fast-Travel device, which will teleport you to Obelisks in different locations/biomes throughout the Exiled Lands. To build one you must first learn how to build it by unlocking the Feat (its free and permanent, requiring no points once learned). You learn it from an NPC named The Archivist in the Unnamed City biome at coordinates D,6 on the Map, just north of the Obelisk. You need to talk to him and selct the ‘Learn Cartographer’ option.

The Unnamed City is a biome intended for high level players, and contains powerful and dangerous creatures. However, most can be run past in order to obtain the recipe, then run out of there. Maprooms do take a lot of resources to build, and they are sooo convenient. So it is a good idea to learn the recipe once you feel confident that you have the basics nailed down.

Taming Thralls (aka slaves), Pets and Horses require Feats found within the ‘Thrall Taker’ Feat in the survival tab (the one with the fire icon), which is available from level 10 onwards. Pets and Horses require a short wait to levels 13 and 15 respectively. Probably best to start with Thralls as they are the most verstile follower type.

Having spent the relative points, you need to build yourself 3 things. A Wheel of Pain, a Truncheon and some Bindings. Now go and find a local peon and hit him with the Truncheon until he is rendered unconscious, the equip your Bindings and hit interact button on him. Now drag sleeping beauty back to you Wheel of Pain and press interact to place him on it. There is one final thing you need; some Gruel to power it. Simply gather Plant Fiber and Seeds and cook them together on a fire, place the Gruel on the Wheel of Pain too, then hit play to star the process. Soon enough you will amass a nice collection of servants who will guard your base, and follow you into battle; and are also levellable like your character!

I hope that this helps, and sorry for the wall of text. Let us know if this helps, and feel free to ask follow up questions if you have any. Finally, marcos.zy I have two follow up questions: 1. Do you have a Firebowl Cauldron? and 2. Who is your chosen God?

1 Like

Thank you very much to you all! :slight_smile:

I can’t find enough words to express my gratitude. You guys have posted a little guide for me. It will be certainly very useful during the gameplay.

Thanks!

I forgot to mention: my chosen god is Crom. :smiley: Who gaves nothing! :wink:

1 Like

Hey guys, how to know when a thrall is ready to, let’s say, be my follower? Following me in expeditions, etc?

When you put your soon to be thrall into a wheel of pain and start the process, the icon of said thrall will show up in “crafting queue” on bottom right side of the interface. With time you will see a white progress bar growing under that icon. After time needed (hours, depending on the tier of thrall and if you have a taskmaster in the wheel) the progress bar will be filled and the icon of said thrall will disapear from the crafting queue. At that point you can take out the thrall and put it in appropriate station (if crafter), or deploy it on the ground if fighter/archer/dancer/bearer.

To do so, place the thrall from your inventory to hotbar and click on it (same like you would do with building)

Bottom line:
When you check wheel of pain, if thrall icon is in crafting queue - not ready
If icon not anymore in crafting queue - ready.

Same goes for animal pets in animal pen and horses in stables.

Hi Meo

Thanks for your response.

So, here is something strange. There is no icon for the thrall managing the wheel of pain.

I can get closer the wheel, and use the interaction menu, but don`t know what to do there. There is no white progress bar, also. In the interaction menu of the wheel of pain, there’s an icon referring to the thrall and also icons for the food I put there.

You need to put food on the wheel to get it running. The empty spot at the top is for a taskmaster once you tame one they will make the process faster. This video may be a bit of help.

Thank you. So, I’ve put Gruel in the wheel, and it’s “burning” (I clicked in the play button upper ).

When I interact with the wheel, I can see the icon of the thrall working there. What to do next? Here is that I am lost. I don`t know if he is ready or not.

The icon bottom right is the crafting indicator. Once he disappears from the bottom right he will be done crafting and ready to remove from the wheel. It takes a long time so just keep gruel in there. Lots and lots of gruel.

When the white bar under the thrall icon inside the wheel fills and then vanish… Then thrall is ready… u can also double click on thrall. If he is not ready, u will get a warning message (do not panic , just select no and thrall will continue his"training" in the wheel… If he is ready he will just hop in ur inventory…

1 Like