Where to level my Mammoth?

, ,

I’ve lost so many great pets because I overestimated their ability to handle opponents. So I’ve stuck to touring the rivers (Isle of Siptah,) but this is getting boring, and his gains are slowing even though he’s not reached 10.

What’s a good training regiment for a Mammoth pet, so I don’t lose him like all the other greater pets I’ve had?

2 Likes

In exiled lands, I think the creatures give far more experience than people, sometimes I level pets at spiders, salamanders, rhinos, wolves, boars.
Still didnt set foot on Siptha but those animals should exist there too.

1 Like

I found some of the smaller areas of skeletons quite useful - like the watchtower on the border of I/J7. If you take your time with it, the Haven of the Cursed in J8 is also good for being able to fight skellys in 2s and 3s.

3 Likes

The only way to level up any pet, is you to be a really effective fighter. That means that you sacrifice your encumbrance and your farming abilities, you carry only the completely necessary and why not some healing arrows with you.
At least a build of minimum 4 perks in strength, very good use of daggers and axe at least, buffed and not heavy armor. A fighter must be swift, we have this advantage only so use it. Use your pet as a pillow for regen and go back to the fight the soonest possible to finish it. All the thralls and pets are lvling very fast by killing skeletons, so until lvl 10, kill only skeletons. After this you can enter almost any vault you want. Try until lvl 10 to avoid any boss fight. @Wak4863 has some videos doing all the map only with pets.
The only reason I don’t do it anymore is the babysitting, I use only named effective thralls, my pets are decorative only and through purges they are locked inside the house.

3 Likes

I level almost exclusively on the lecerta because they are everywhere, easy to kill, and give good exp.

5 Likes

@Wak4863 This birthday cake next to your name means something?
In any case…
HAPPY BIRTHDAY :tada::tada::tada::tada::tada:
THANK YOU FOR EVERYTHING YOU HAVE DONE FOR THE CONAN PLAYERS ALL THESE YEARS.
I WISH YOU ANYTHING YOU DREAM AND MORE

5 Likes

Thank you @stelagel :partying_face:

4 Likes

I’m not sure for Siptah, on exiled lands I like to start off pets by going to the sinkhole and killing all the undead hyenas. They are pretty easy and seem to give really good xp. I’ve seen a lot of people in the past say gorillas give really good xp for their difficulty but I rarely go to the swamp or jungle, so I don’t know if that’s old information or still current

It’s tough because pets are really weak compared to even low tier thralls, simply because you can always put a weak thrall in epic armor, and they can use potions and wraps between fights to help lower downtime.

The lack of any healing besides food or healing arrows means that I’ll usually take a pet out for a much shorter time than a thrall. That way they can heal up while I still do other stuff

1 Like

Cake icon is a forum anniversary cake. I got one in September, because I had joined in September the previous year

1 Like

Not only gorillas-apes is good too.Till 10 lvl.Later skeletons in Unnamed city.And about weak pets…try greather sabretoot.In Siptah-Brutus or other named dogs.Fully leveled frost giant is not bad too.Why pets is good-they cant be knocked by boss.Thralls falling and lose time

Mammoths are actually really good at crowd control, and his tactics worked well on most the elder races, so I farmed some eldarium. His attacks aren’t too devastating, but they do stagger and throw people around quite a bit, so I think he’d be a great defense with a few berserkers to take advantage.

The gorilas in the jungel is a safe way whit good xp, then the blue undead around mount of the dead is good to.

1 Like

Yeah, but what do you gain from that? And is it fun?

Decoratopns, and maybe transport.

The fastest way I know of on west side of Siptah is going up the river killing crocs and what else there, when he’s got a few levels there then turn to the ravine leading to the spider vault, kill some of the spiders around the vault, they give good xp, either continue to the area surrounding the Tower killing rocknoses or as I prefer, go into the spider vault, you can level followers insanely fast in this vault, I’ve never seen any place on Siptah with faster follower levelling than this vault :slight_smile:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.