Why do agility weapons even exist?

I dont have a video. You obviously doing something wrong.

Yes, this is the new update to the game where they separated weapons to strength and agility… previously bows were very average

What could I be doing wrong? Hold right click shoot?

Use aggility gear. Use aggility buffs. Use better bow. Charge bow release. Read what your perks are doing and so on.

Agility and strength are two different play styles. If you just go in and bash 'em good, that’s strength. If you dodge and attack counter attack, that agility. Yes agility takes more time on bosses…and? At the end of it, who has more health and used less potions? Plus agility automatically trains you in pvp tactics

Here you go!
Jerry-rigged a makeshift damage-meter-spaghetti directly into the combat blueprint… you can see the values over the healthbar and I apologize for the visibility, dunno how to pretty it up fast, I haven’t really messed with the devkit much.
However, it does work and it shows you the damage I’m dealing as well as the stagger effect I’m having on NPCs with different colors.
I picked the imp king boss since he has zero armor…
The gear I’m using is agility gear as I didn’t wanna struggle creating another set… that viewport isn’t exactly for playing… it was a struggle :smiley:

Both weapons have master weapon fittings on, one is a simple star metal bow with star metal arrows… the other is a star metal greataxe.
The builds are irrelevant, basically one of them has agility maxed while the other has strength maxed (no corruption)

As you can see the light attacks from the bow actually outdamage the axe (although I AM wearing agility armor… should’ve probbaly taken it off to see a more fair comparison but I wanted you to see how high it can go with just a basic bow and agi armor)
On the heavy attack department the bow is still holding up quite nice… it’s combo finishers where the axe really goes ahead cuz of the perk.

Considering one of them you can use from a mile away (oh btw you DO get damage bonus if you’re further away on the bow too… so this goes up by another 25%), while with the other you have to get up close and personal and very much open to attacks… I’d say they’re pretty balanced… in fact the bow is actually a bit OP

1 Like

Yes. I have 2 chars one of them in Siptah other in EL. Siptah one is Agility Melee, uses medium armor (gonna craft Master Skelos just for that) and EL one is Archer and using light Armor. You can’t wear Heavy armor if you wanted to play on Agility build. Because Dodge (as Melee agil) and Climb (as Archer) are your life line as Agility player. You can’t let your stamina renew slowly. Also charging attacks as archer drains stamina.

On the other hand Str well you not need dodge so you can easily use heavy Armor.
Those are just examples.

1 Like

If you are going agility on Siptah. Gloves of Jhil is practically a must.

1 Like

Im using eye of khan and daggers of nameless days. While running a gimped max authority build most of the time.

Compared to max vit and high str i was running before, it feels a lot more versatile.

15 points in agility. Made a total glass cannon with 20 agility and 5 vit and it was terrible for general pve work. With 10 vit its decent.

Before agility build was a joke. Now its kind of useable.

What really messes it up is if you run max authority like me during pvp time and run into someone who invest the 20 authority points elsewhere. On occasion can own them throw experience and skill, but why not just remove authority completely and the skill that used to be called survival so all the smooth brains would stop complaining about lose 5 points from black blood tools for just 1 day.

Yea it is light armor, doesn’t effect that much my build on Siptah with or without it. It’s still marks you as Medium armor :slight_smile:. But yea “Jhil’s Stamina” is needed sooner or later but not my priority just yet (still a lot of buildings goin on). I still playing on my char on EL server generally anyway.

Because sometimes, a player may wish the flexibility of switching from ranged to melee.

The above have mentioned bow tactics and break down at length.

This one, on the other hand, is very fond of Shortswords. While they have a linear attack pattern, that matches well with the dodge then lunge in style that high level agility perk supports.

Soften with archery, finish with the blade.
Not good against large groups. Very affectacious against single targets

Agility melee does demand a mobile style for best use. That has taken some getting used to.

3 Likes

Oh and another thing :smiley:
While not so much related to weapons… but… I just finally tried double-jump… (went with the rolling thrust up to now)

OMG… take it away :smiley: I don’t want it!!!.. Now I’m spoiled for life :frowning: How does one go back to no double-jump after yes double-jump? :frowning:

(I bet OPs friend would be jealous of that :smiley: especially since you can jump down from any height and do a second jump close to the ground to avoid fall damage)

1 Like

Double jump is a much loved feature wherever it appears.
It’s not nearly as combat useful, but it is the premium exploration ability.

This one remembers how badly double jumps being attached to only daggers in a different game ruined their experience with every other weapon.

1 Like

With great difficulty. I’ve played double-jump characters for years, and my current sorcerer-character is the first one in ages who hasn’t got it.

Rolling thrust is very good too, though. It has serious combat utility, especially for corrupted characters who lack stamina. But playing with less than 50 Agility? Does not compute.

The thing about bows, though - they’re not supposed to be the best DPS option simply because they outrange all other options by a ridiculous margin. It doesn’t matter how hard a melee opponent can hit if the battle is over from 50 meters away.

And bows are still quite respectable in the damage department. Wearing Skelos Master (because the game seems determined to fill my inventory with the recipe scrolls I thought I’d give it a try), a DLC Epic bow (which needs no star metal to craft) and iron arrows (for budget reasons - I can find replacement ammo from chests and drops) I feel almost bad for the enemy. Dragonbone daggers for close-up work.

I haven’t tested a Strength build because I don’t kow how to play without Agility, but I don’t feel crippled by my choice of primary stat.

Oh btw, slightly off-topic, but so far my server has been offline waiting for all the mods to be updated, I merely took the database and experimented with it in single player :smiley:
Now that it’s back up though… I went to see the Red Mother, cuz I didn’t have that bow “for real” only in the SP version by admin adding it. My character was also only 55 on this as we’re playing on a very low (0.1) XP rate.

I killed her like 4-5 times and was just about to give up for the day when on the last attempt it finally dropped :smiley: but even before, with Frostshot and simple razor arrows I was doing a very decent amount of damage compared to pre-update (187 charged shot).

I also did something really silly :smiley: Didn’t wanna do the arena alone but I kinda wanted some arrow options with a bit more damage… sooo… parking the followers on the edge, with double-jump I descended directly into the sinkhole on the edges to not aggro the dragon… killed a few skeletons to get to the dragonbone tablet… guess how I got out? :smiley: Sorcery ice bridge lol… it’s funny that you can do that.

Anyway, the new weapon with dragonbone arrows does around 240 charged shots and it doesn’t have an upgrade yet (haven’t done warmaker so I don’t wanna ruin it with a normal upgrade)

Overall this new version of agility play seems quite nice (I also had full expertise alongside this on this run and didn’t really have an issue… well Mother killed me once when I wasn’t paying attention since I got corrupted down to 150 hp so it was pretty much a oneshot, but the thrall held up fine till I got back)

Now we just need them to make short-swords usable while mounted, I believe that’s a slight oversight / bug, it feels quite natural to wanna equip it, found myself pressing the button at least 10 times despite knowing it’s not possible lol.

1 Like

Bows with the ping we encounter on officials r uselles for most part

Against stationary NPCs? That sucks

I have to admit I once played a double-jump + overweight build in PvP somewhat successfully and it was as fun for me as annoying for anybody that got crushed Super Mario-style.
Yet I also think agility could use a serious buff in terms of gear and perks alike.

1 Like

Was this after the update though? Because it did receive a very serious buff.
Sure they can always tweak it, but imo it’s quite usable now for all sorts of applications compared to how it used to be, even the overweight part… you can now have the full infinite weight perk at level 20… and it comes bundled with the double harvesting… in the past that combo required you at least level 50 leaving not much for combat stats… now you can have a maxed str or agi build on top of that :stuck_out_tongue:

Imo it’s lacking 2 aspects atm that are kinda oversights… mounted agility 1h weapons and possibly the fact that the truncheons all scale off of strength… now I haven’t tried blunted arrows after the update to see if they scale concussive damage based off of Agi, that could be an option, but still some melee version would be nice for knocking out thralls with an Agi build.
And maybe down the line a few corrupted perks wouldn’t hurt either just to make it more diverse.

I’ll point out that bows have RANGE so if they were as powerful as melee weapons, but also with RANGE… there would be no reason to want to melee.

3 Likes