- Continue with the PS4 version after upgrading the internal HDD
- Wait until I get a new PC and stick with the PC version.
- Why not both?
I’ve recently had to uninstall Conan Exiles from my PS4 due to it’s sheer size, even having the game on disc, it’s taking over 85GB of space on my PS4’s 1 TB external HDD. This however doesn’t mean I’ve quit playing the game entirely, I just don’t feel justified keeping it on there if I play it infrequently, it feeling somewhat repetitive and it takes such a large chunk of space. I can even name a few other games I have that I would argue have more content that take considerably less space than Conan Exiles, such as;
Final Fantasy XIV (41.31 GB)
LittleBigPlanet 3 (14.95 GB)
Bloodborne (36.50 GB)
Monster Hunter: World (20.50 GB)
No Man’s Sky (11.03 GB)
I haven’t decided whether it’s better to simply wait until I’ve upgraded my PS4’s internal HDD to something larger than it’s default 500 GB or just wait until I get the new PC later on this year and just stick to the PC version. Both will have pros and cons, some of which I see some as;
- No need to worry about meeting system requirements.
- Able to play without internet connection (Since there’s no Denuvo DRM).
- Slower load times.
- That loud as hell cooling fan on the PS4 (Yes, I clean the vents regularly).
- Faster load times.
- Unable to play without internet connection.
- Needing to worry about meeting system requirements.
So I’ll open a poll and see what the general consensus is on what the better decision might be.