Why is the inside of my house wet when it rains?

Game mode: Online private
Type of issue: Misc
Server type: PvE
Region: UK

[Describe the bug here]

The inside of my house is all wet. It’s gonna get mouldy… Why is the inside of my house wet when it rains outside?

Please provide a step-by-step process of how the bug can be reproduced. The more details you provide us with the easier it will be for us to find and fix the bug:

1. Build house in the north where it rains.
  2. Wait for rain.
  3. Stand inside house when it rains.
  4. See the wetness. Look closely at the floor you can see the drops falling.
3 Likes

Because FUNCOM can’t fix it for more then 2 years now!

3 Likes

They are trying to accurately simulate pre-neolithic construction where, apparently, no one could figure out how to make a roof that didn’t leak?

No, they must know the roofing company that originally fixed the roof on our coach house…

Grrrrr!

2 Likes

Hey there,

We’re aware of this issue but it’s not a priority at the moment for technical reasons.
Apologies for the frustration.

3 Likes

No problem at all my man I just feel it’s important to stand up and be counted as someone who’d like this fixed :slight_smile: Otherwise it’ll never be a priority. Thanks for the response I frickin love this game!!

4 Likes

Just want to say, this is the kind of response from the company I can appreciate. Acknowledges there’s the issue, but it’s not a priority and no corporate-speak. :+1:

6 Likes

lol its the same answer we get for everything, “We are aware, sorry for your frustration.” after two years of it being an issue, well geeze come on fix it!!

1 Like

The difference here is that, politely, they’re telling you they’re not going to fix it. So, now that you know, you can make an informed decision as a consumer and not feel like you’re being strung along. That’s what I was getting at.

1 Like

They also said “technical reasons” which, coupled with some Googling, makes me believe it’s an issue with the Unreal engine. That’s not really Funcom’s fault to be fair.
It is a terrible shame for immersion though :’(

3 Likes

Someone said that there is some workaround but it requires too much effort to code it all OK. So they better work on Thralls AI and other things.

1 Like

We are focusing at the moment on critical bugfixing and bringing some features up to par. While we acknowledge that at the moment of this writing this issue isn’t on our sights, it doesn’t mean that it will remain like that forever. We’re aware that it’s a common annoyance for players so should we have the time to revisit it, we’ll gladly do.

3 Likes

The Trello on it.

Also…
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1454643205

1 Like

The short and sweet answer for those who want to know.
It’s an FX post process that needs some change. (A few additional lines of code).
Not the same as a previous issue where it was actually raining through the roof due to an exclusion zone issue although it is relative.

Most players would probably be OK with the whole world appearing dry, while they are within their building structures during the rain. When exiting the structure, the rain effect could re-enable and apply to everything once more.

bedwin But what if there is a player inside AND a player outside at the same time and place! In SP it could work but not in multiplayer!

Why not? The player outside would see everything wet, the player inside would see everything dry.

strays stay dry mod :wink:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.