Why so much "Game Dead" stuff as is/ not?

Still waiting for an Official Server with DBD.

2 Likes

The ones who say the game is dying are the same ones who say every game is dying. Even those with millions of players.

I remember having a discussion with someone about three years ago about Conan, they didn’t think it would last 6 months. Well its been three years. Back then it hit a low point that I can remember of about 8,000 players on steam stats. Today its around 10,000. A few days ago it was 12,000. In a few days it may see 15,000.

I think its safe to say Conan Exiles has leveled out in its playerbase. Unless something else comes around and does what it does but better. Its going to be around for a while.

LOL

Hmmm, this doesn’t seem to be repeatable here. I went in and out 4 times - it always listed player population values. Forth time for example:

1 Like

I have glitches where information doesn’t refresh and have to log completely out and back in to get the true numbers.

I tried both ways 4 times. One where I just backed out to the main menu from the server listing and one set of four where I logged on to the game and then back out to the server listing. Both ways were the same result. Backing out from the main menu took longer for the numbers to update it seemed. 3 to 5 seconds longer - likely clogged request returns needed to be cleared or over-written. But I know zip about network stuff - apart from site hackery using my friend Carl’s REBOL system.

Yeah , I just sometimes leave for a span of time and come back so I am not just relogging over and over and possibly causing network issues for others .

Yeah, that makes it worse, because that would mean it’s harder to repro, which means it’s harder to fix. I can repro it on my box, though, and I checked before I posted just to make sure they didn’t fix it :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Yep, absolutely.

Yeah, I wasn’t doubting it, just adding to the report
 You’re one of the few people here I trust about this sort of thing.

3 Likes

I have no idea if it’s related, but on Xbox servers whenever I see the wrong number of players, my character level on a server is also displaying incorrectly

I’m not sure they if are the same bug or if they are just both occurring frequently enough on my end to seem connected

1 Like

I wonder if it could be server hardware/software related and not on CEs end at all ?

We need 3.0 sooner than later :expressionless:

No, we need patches and updates to be fully tested to reduce the amount of bugs and downtime. I would rather wait longer and get a more fleshed out and smoother experience than a rushed and buggy mess just to get it “sooner rather than later”. That will just piss more people off and lead to more “game is dead” threads.

7 Likes

True, but then where would the temper tantrum throwing get their content to disparage?

From that point of view:

We need the patch, just when I want it, no sooner and no later, but exactly when I think it should be. If not, I will:

-Complain about patch size
-Threaten to leave the game (or say I am leaving and keep playing)
-Have a temper tantrum saying the developers ruined the game
-Insist that what was fixed and added was of no importance, and what was important was ignored
-Find the one little glitch in the patch that just makes it unbearable to play anymore, 
for me (that’s important, since it is about me and not the patch or content update)
-think I speak and represent the gaming community when I say how people are leaving and won’t come back

Have I missed anything? Feel free to add more

3 Likes

If we’re comparing to cinema 
 It’s at times like this I watch Plinkett reviews to put myself into the frame of reference of What Could Have Been Great, the anthology of books being written by George Lucas and Disney.

To me, it’s just like Harry S Plinkett says in one of my favorite reviews: “
 but when it gets going the story starts to suck, like someone pulling a thread out of a sweater until the sweater eventually sucks.”

3 Likes

A lot of good points I see so far . While I sympathize with frustrated players and bloggers I do have to also consider not being a programmer or game developer myself that there may and more than likely is unseen issues causing delays on the bug fixes. I think it also possibly could be something the programmers can not as yet find in the code or are being redirected to other projects (for Conan and other games possibly) and simply haven’t had enough hands on time to correct the issues.

Gamers in my experience and at the end of the day like me are just people and being people can be impatient , however their impatience can also be justified or it can also be emotions getting the better of them. Maybe more informational updates on what is being worked on on the bugs and glitches end of the game sphere would be helpful to quiet or soothe some of the frustration ?

3 Likes

People that claim the game is dead are the ones that actively want it to be because of some reason that they decided to leave and they want to take the game down with their own departure. It is irrelevant on the reason they left. It is irrelevant on facts. Its all about their leaving the game and being spiteful. While their reasons for leaving should be taken into consideration for continuous improvement, their emotionally immature methods are all the reason I hope they stay gone.

This is a sore subject. Really, really sore. I’ve been on these forums for a while now, and I’ve seen Funcom promise to improve communication many times.

And if I’m to be fair, they have made some improvements. It’s not all empty promises. For example, the patch notes are much better than they used to be. The difference is truly notable.

But in the end, for whatever reasons, it just falls short of what most of us would hope for. I don’t know why this keeps happening and, out of respect for the people working on this game, I don’t want to speculate either.

So yeah, better communication would be nice, but I’m not optimistic.

5 Likes

Maybe they could do a “Thursdays with The Exiles” Stream to keep the players up to date or something. Or maybe just more News and Annnounces IN News and Announcements on this very forum page ?

3 Likes

Very mature of you.

1 Like

Just thought of something , they could also reopen the Trello page to Conan Exiles completely to public so we could see the map in action.

1 Like