Will cages ever be functional?

It seems to me Cages could also be used for pets and wild animals. It might be interesting to see some people use them for zoos in PvE servers.

The game certainly has no balance factor for any mechanic of kidnapping players and imprisoning them… If there was an associated risk that occurred when you did this then it might be more viable for PvP, at least. For instance, I’ve tossed out the idea of an “Affront to the Gods” stat before… kidnapping a player means you’re certainly stepping on SOME Gods toes. This could be a huge kick up to whatever Gods that player is faithful towards (Crom being the God if they haven’t built faith with any others… his wrath would be a meteor shower instead of an avatar call down…) The longer a player or clan imprisons a player, the faster the prisoner’s God(s) accumulate Resentment against the jailor.

This way, people can certainly try it, but unless they figure out your Gods and do enough worship to keep it happy, they risk having their holdings hit by heavenly retribution. (Of course, Crom is impossible to appease, so his followers get some benefit this way… although whether or not they appreciate it much is a different matter.)

edit
It also feels like players who are jailed should gain purge immunity of some sort… this way if their jail gets HIT with a purge, they get a free jailbreak. I mean… that’s a fun idea right?

1 Like

Fun ideas, but I can’t see them ever being implemented. The biggest issue I see is that people can learn every religion, which would force the captors to appease every God. Given how religions were and still are, you can only have one. I’d like to see Funcom limit players to just one religion. Converting could still be an option, but you lose your old religion when you learn the new one.

Actually, I have a better solution (to hard worship limits.) Multi-worship of Major Gods would lead to an increase in a hidden Hypocrisy stat tied to each player. This is a running theme in many Conan stories, so it fits well. Set and Derkato can generate less Hypocrisy when dual worshipped, but Mitra would generate loads of Hypocrisy if you tack on other Gods.

Hypocrisy would come into play when players are in combat with Crom’s Followers. They can’t worship or build temples to him, but they get damage/armor bonuses when fighting people with Hypocrisy… The more of a Hypocrite their enemy is, the stronger they are in combat against them. (and their thralls, but not pets… Thralls are subject to their master’s religious behavior, but Pets are animals who don’t practice any worship.)

1 Like

That sounds cool. Though I still think there should be even more excessive penalties for multiple religions learned. I don’t know much Conan lore outside of Arnold’s movies, but in mythology the Gods are usually very jealous and won’t tolerate their worshippers choosing another God. Maybe shorten the length of an avatar or God bubble for each additional religion. Sorry I seem to be taking this thread in a different direction from where it was intended. lol

1 Like

I would just like them to make the cages like the workbenches just click on them and place thrall and they appear in the cage so we can place any thralls we are not using in them.

Imagine your base gets raided and all your workers gone then later you see them in another players base in cages screaming.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.