Will we ever see Fishing and Legendary Fish?

I’m sure it’s been raised somewhere in the depths of the forums - but can we please add proper fishing mechanics (ie. angling)?

I’m thinking something along the lines of Zelda, Farcry 5, Stardew Valley, or even Monster Hunter, where the fish play a part in recipes. The ability to catch legendary / named / rare fish for your trophy collection (or jaunty tackle shop), whilst not 100% life changing, would put a huge smile on my face.

You should be able to craft better rods, better wire, lures etc. Maybe a lava proof rod for something rare in the volcano? Also, skill-oriented clothing.

I want an excuse to go fishing in the various lakes and rivers of the Exlied lands - possibly even allowing us to cut a hole in the frozen water in the mountains. The ocean out by the jungle could be spiced up a bit with sharks, whales, and dangers to avoid (if boats / harpoons were to be added - dream complete).

I’m not sure what purpose they could serve, but seeing a few fishing thralls by the water would be nice too :slight_smile:

Anyway. Fishing. Please gief.

2 Likes

I suggested nets that could be used to fish and as a tool for hunting.
This was more meant to catch a batch of fish though.

I would like to see some rare spawns of all animals, and the addition of of unique animals that have some challenging conditions.
E.g. some fish can only be caught with a fishing rod, which in turn is used in a special potion. Or as boost to existing potions. Or a wolf that only comes out during nighttime.

If you haven’t tried it, give Monster Hunter World a swing.

2 Likes

Yeah, Monster Hunter is pretty good - and reminds me that there should be a fisherman NPC too. Hell, even Minecraft had fishing, so it’s not beyond the realms of possibility :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.