Wont' start with new engine

I have Win10, a4 4000 dual core CPU and geforce GTX 960. Just downloaded the anarchy online and I picked the new engine. It simply will not start.

The screen will go black for a second and then it sits there for maybe a minute and then gives a message saying “Failed sending bug report: Timed out sending data.” It then proceeds to make it extremely difficult to exit by removing my mouse pointer and forcing me to mess around until I eventually get it to close with the task manager.

The PC is running DX12 because it is a new install of Win10. I have run the old engine on this PC prior to the reinstall. Also, I have tried all 3 GPU settings RGB emulation, Direct 3D HAL and direct 3D T&L HAL. Tried some different anti aliasing and texture settings too.

It seems DX9 does the trick…

OK, I do not like installing old stuff and I wanted to check here anyway just to confirm. I guess I am just impatient. I have installed dx9. I do seem to remember that I had it on the old computer (or rather old Win10 install) but I thought it was there for programming university stuff, specifically a gaming module.

There should be something said early on and somewhere really obvious so that people know that they need June 2010 dx sdk. It would be very helpful.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.