World boss blocking on official

You gotta be kidding.

I do not see how a modification of the Rules has any effect on whether the Reviewing Agent will have favoritism to one party or another.

Well no, I’m not. I’ve been able to understand every rule they’ve posted.

Humankind has historical displayed varying degrees of proficiency in literacy and logic. And I’ll grant you that when you put the entire post of rules into a metric it is on the side above average reading level. Mostly due to the amount of words per sentences and number of 3 or more syllable words. Resulting between a 10th and 11th grade reading level.

But the clarification on world bosses given is below average when you factor out the words discussion, official, and internal. So I’m not sure what else they could do here.

You have GOT to be kidding.

Cognitive abilities discussion, which is pretty condescending and painfully, painfully unaware, aside…

You are basically saying if they proclaim something, it is unquestionable. Like, they could say “all male players have to send dic pics to admins to play on official” and you’d accept that as an infallible rule?

Are you trolling?

Well technically it is since we are talking about their servers. We only get the choice to play in them or not. They are watching the feedback however so there is hope. But as I have said earlier, they have made a decision and continued it when pressed for reconsideration so until there is evidence of failure or abuse, I doubt we will see anything done to change it.

His stance on officials (which is that he feels they need to be disbanded and force everyone on privates because he knows they cannot be trusted to properly admin them) is where the largest disconnect is between him and those of us on officials.

Please note: That doesn’t mean he shouldn’t be able to speak about the topic. I get tired of gatekeeping in this forum and it’s just got to stop. Ideas and thoughts need to live and die by content and scrutiny of said content. Not because of who says it.

It’s just as open to interpretation as it was before:

They changed the general criteria, but the final case-by-case decision is still up to the admin.


MORE:

We all may be unhappy about what this actually means (including the enforcement teams)

image

4 Likes

Guess :smiley:

Translation: “Yes, he is.” :wink:

True, that isn’t the reason to exclude him from the discussion. Deliberate trolling, on the other hand… :wink:

I don’t need to guess. I used a story telling tool. I basically asked the question I know the answer to…

But since I am about to mute his proverbial backside, I guess, good luck and have fun, mate.

This is why you all should focus on the subject (aka World Boss blocking). Rather than my perceived motivations. I’ve never offered those, nor will I (and on the off chance that I’ve given an answer I’ve either obfuscated the reply or outright deceived because they are never the point of any discussion). So continue with that at your own risk.

Especially considering @erjoh 's response. If that were the truth, then why have I helped troubleshoot issues and offered positive suggestions to their settings and configurations to the devs during beta communications?

So keep things on the discussion at hand and stop making fools of yourselves.

My point is that this decision is much more open to interpretation than forbidding blocking WB.
There’s a huge grey area they’ve just created.

How can you learn if you’re not told what you did wrong?

I’ve got a college graduate reading level. I used to go though 3 paper backs a week. But I still found the rules vague and open to interpretation. But then I’ve noticed you read everything with a very specific point of view.

Which means it is pretty well open to change every time an admin oopes.

I can respect that. But I can’t respect when people use my motivations in their arguments :man_facepalming:

What could be interesting is the longer term impact. As I said earlier I think things were being blown a bit out of proportion. Especially given that the buildable locations where these bosses are were not usually my primary way of getting keys past… well getting them at low level for a quick easy start. Occasionally I would farm them to see what I would get. But not normally part of my endgame routine truth be told.

In the past I’ve held the stance from an admin point of view that none of these locations should ever be blocked. This discussion has made me rethink that. If Funcom is taking a lenient stance, then there can’t be only horrible reasons for it.

People want to facetiously say its bad for bad reasons by bad people. But that’s not reality here.

I can respect that and usually I can come up with one or two scenarios where a positive can be hypothesized. This is one where I can’t and I’m humble enough to say that doesn’t mean much but can anyone? If one person can’t figure out a positive that’s one thing. If ALL of us can’t, then that is another.

That is the rub isn’t it? What you find positive, someone else may not. I’ve said before that the positives could be towards a shift on building over farming legendaries. As well as a decrease in ticket amounts resulting in better moderation in more important matters.

And I agree there could be alternatives that look better on paper. But I can’t pretend to know what the situation is for the moderators. The fact that they have a discussion on the issue tells me they had a problem. I just don’t believe the idea they sat around a table and said, “let’s screw people.”

These are people and many of them players themselves simply doing the best they can do and actually want to make the experience better for everyone. Not every decision will be the best one, but at the end of the day they want to help more than hurt.

I’m curious to know the issue that led to this. No matter what kind of player you are, private or otherwise, this was unexpected.

Same. Which is why I hypothesized the enforcement team was getting sick of dropping otherwise perfectly good builds and being tools in the report meta strategies of players.

None of us can. We play for entertainment and to them, this is a job…actually no this is a task that was put on folks outside of their hired role so maybe this is the start of the retreat of moderation and we go back to wild west days as they ramp up the next stages and coverages for eminent games and therefore revenue streams. Who knows?

What I do know is two things. 1) The vast majority of players disagree. 2) As @Kikigirl pointed out, there is a large contingent of players that are owed an apology that were enforced on solely for this (nothing monetary but just admission that this is a change and those that were enforced on for it in the past should be reconsidered… I don’t think a 200CC gift would hurt anyone as it’s totally fake money and encourages bazaar purchasing)

I’ve stated all along here I dont like this change. However, if they attempted to meet in the middle I would say to make it illegal to build on world boss spawns (or make it reportable) but if it’s on pvp it’s fine (because we can destroy the land claim).

Now I’ll go a bit further on where I’d stand on pvp servers. If someone spiderwebs a massive area around the boss to block it, I’d be tempted to say report that for land claim. If someone merely has it walled in to farm it, then ok.

Ultimately it would be Funcoms call to make any more changes but for now, we know what it is.

By that time we have more than enough legendaries. Maybe not enough of those we really want, but still, even considering we can’t repair them.
The bigger impact is in early game, especially when you will get your first batches. That might become a drag overnight.

Oh you’d be had pressed to convince me of that.

Let s try this. This decision is to give PVPers more to fight for. And the case by case may be knowing that PVE can’t fight for that building point, so poof.

The best way to stop people from breaking the rules is to not let them.
You know how to stop people from building over world bosses? You don’t let them.
You know how to stop people building over POIs? You don’t let them.
You know how to stop obscene bullying in chat? Word filters and time outs.

Do I really need to go on?

Then remove the option. If the server TOS is self regulating what would they have to report you for?

Yes. That is the one thing I don’t miss about alpha testing. Am I racing as fast as I can around the track? No I’m scrubbing vertical surfaces with my bumper to find bad spots; fall throughs, in the mesh.