This isn't reportable now..?

Earlier this morning I reported a clan for blocking a 3 star World Boss (The Crocodile in F8 in the Exiled Lands) on an OFFICIAL PvE (c) server as well as also blocking access to the level 60 loot chest that should spawn there too.

To cut a long story short Zendesk has said that it is ‘not prohibited as per the game’s design’ and therefore ‘not breaking any of our official server rules’.

Now, having invested 6k hours on my 2 accounts in game have always thought, as have many of the players I play alongside, that it WAS reportable, given that under the ‘Official server building restrictions’ section it states ‘Please remember that there are other players sharing the server with you. Restricting others’ access to content is not allowed’, and ‘Some specific cases where we will act when made aware: Blocking of content in the game, such as dungeons, obelisks, resources, and other areas of the game.’

Now, I know that I posted a similar post earlier, but it was closed, but to Dana’s request, I have submitted a query to Zendesk to clarify this as I solemnly believe they are wrong in this matter.

I would dearly love to hear from anybody, and everybody, as to how they feel about this, and have you been lead to believe that blocking the spawning of a world boss was reportable too?

Please keep any replies polite as I do not wish this post to be closed as I firmly believe that a decent discussion could be had here, and I am more than willing to listen to other points of view, especially if it teaches me something new.

Many thanks in advance…

6 Likes

Ok so, as I understand it, it would be bannable if they blocked a one-of-a-kind, unique creature. There are more crocodile bosses on the map and there are way more of the treasure chests too, so it’s not really an issue that they did so.
That’s not to mention that all world bosses drop the same key, so even if they would go so far and block all boss crocodiles on the map, it would still ‘probably’ would not warrant a ban. Probably though, I don’t know how far you can push it.
Sometimes those bosses just spawn in such great places for a base that you can’t help it I guess.

I had a situation when my base was repeatedly reported by people but nothing happened. it was on the tip of the wall of Unnamed city, next to the huge flaming tower. There is a small nook where it’s allowed to build, but it is also a spawn point for a Fragment of power.
And while yes, I blocked it for everyone but myself, it’s not unique place where you can get it, so I assume the admins did not consider it a violation of the rules either.

Thank you for the reply @Kilix. That explanation actually makes sense. There are 3 crocodile world bosses in a very close area, so I totally get that. It’s just a shame that someone from the Funcom community couldn’t explain it, let alone someone from Zendesk.

I know at times I don’t see shades of grey, just black or white, so I do need a slight push sometimes to see things I wouldn’t normally see.

1 Like

:face_with_raised_eyebrow:

One is enough.

Then I have to question why you weren’t banned. Sure sounds like you should have been.

How do you know it was reported? Zendesk wouldn’t have told you and chat threats are pretty empty.

Remember Oscar Wilde’s words, “When you assume, you make an ass out of u and me.”

In theory what would happen if on some server all three crocobosses are blocked? Would it change the issue being bannable?

I’m surprised you’re arguing with me here. The author of the thread contacted support and got clear answer that it’s not bannable. I’m simply explaining why they gave it

Because I broke no rules. Apart of the Fragment of power spawn point that I blocked there are at least 6 more of them across the Unnamed city. Plus you can get them from the bosses in the city, and also from the Cellar dungeon.
This is not a unique source for this specific item. It does not harm the server that one such source is blocked. Same story with world bosses. There are like 30 or even 40 of them across the map and all of them drop the exact same loot - Skeleton key. One crocodile boss being blocked does not harm anyone on the server.

If you would punish someone for doing that, then I suppose you can potentially also get banned for building a base on stone and iron nodes spawn area. You’re blocking resources, don’t you? It doesn’t matter that there are thousands of other spots where you can get them, but you blocked these. Such horror

2 Likes

So if blocking one works boss and chest doesn’t earn a ban because “there’s more out there” we would have to agree that it would be impossible to be banned EVER for blocking any resource simply because you can farm it elsewhere.

If that is the case why is there even a rule for blocking resources?

5 Likes

And this is where I find myself. I’m scratching my head and wondering exactly the same thing. Even though I have it in black and white in the form of an email from Zendesk, I still can’t believe it. But, what @Kilix has said does actually make sense (although I don’t want it to). But I guarantee you that I still won’t build on a boss spawn just in case…

1 Like

And if every boss spot gets taken and no bosses spawn anymore what happens then?

Do Funcom then bann randomly one clan or all or none?

This makes no sense at all.

6 Likes

I’m guessing the original context of the rule was people walling off the Shattered Springs. Undoubtedly, doing so now would still get you banned.

I am unsure about the legendary creature thing though. If that isn’t bannable, that is a bit dangerous. Suppose you were allowed to block one such boss/chest, but no more than one. So then what stops 10 different clans all blocking off one boss/chest each? None of them would be blocking more than one, so none of them should be banned, right?

2 Likes

The part about the shattered springs - you can get brimstone elsewhere, so going by the information above, it should be fine. (Although that’s one I agree should be a ban is blocking the springs)

The second part about ten clans blocking one each therefore not against the rules, we agree it shouldn’t be allowed.

3 Likes

So, it sounds like the rules could be made clearer as what resources are allowed to be blocked and are not allowed specifically . This would help prevent these kinds of grey areas in the rules from cropping up.

1 Like

Knowing how much feedback they’ve recieved in the last 1.5 years in regard to admin action my guess with this is that they are changing their parameters.

Approximately 6 months ago there was a reply that the ToC is actively being worked on.

Considering how much they have on their plate and their track record with communication I’m not surprised that we wouldn’t get clarification here.

1 Like

So I give up, no reason to report anyone for any thing, clear TOS violations are just fine.

Please remember that there are other players sharing the server with you. Restricting others’ access to content is not allowed beyond of course grabbing a spot for your base. If you wish to reign supreme on the map and hog all the resources and enemies, please consider single player or setting up your own server, or - in the case of PvP servers - play fair.

Some specific cases where we will act when made aware:

• Blocking of content in the game, such as dungeons, obelisks, resources, and other areas of the game.
  • Abuse of the claim system where blocks are placed for no other purpose than to prevent other players’ access to resources and building spots. Please check out our documentation about Land Claim Abuse on Official Servers 1.1k for more information.
  • Massive constructions or over-use of memory-intensive items leading to loss of performance both on client and server-side.

Time will not be spent carefully removing only offending pieces. All constructions belonging to the owner (player or clan) will be destroyed. There will be no refunds of materials or inventories.

So that is just void. Sounds like Funcom needs to unban a few… well… everyone.

1 Like

Something I’ve asked about several times and is met with sarcastic remarks from private server players.

1 Like

So no reason to report the base that has this island complete surrounded? Or this monolith?

An impossible scenario because a large number of these bosses are in areas with no building allowed.

Fully agree. I hate vogue rules that can be interpreted any way someone wants. if they were clearer than we wouldn’t have to have this conversation. But it would also mean that Funcom needs to enforce their rules on a more strict basis, which… they probably don’t want to do.

The blocking of any world boss is a blatant violation of the TOS.
Blocking access to any relic, treasure, or chest is a blatant TOS violation.

If they aren’t then it is a free for all and there is no TOS.

3 Likes

In my opinion no one should ever be “banned” from a game they bought unless the action is vehemently abhorrent, such as threatening another players life, severe harassment, blocking them completely from playing the game such as completely enclosing their base aka griefing. Stuff like that. Blocking a boss spawn or specific low yield resource should get you a WARNING, via email and in game when you log in for say a week or 10 days. So that the person who caused the infraction has a chance to make a change. Unlike alot of people, they may not understand the rules or have had a chance to read them, as most people nowadays just click through pop ups and such without reading them. If say after a week or like 10 days (length of decay timer) they have not made a correction, the admin should remove the offending structure, but not completely ban them from playing the game at all. Thats kind of ridiculous. Especially when we have players on servers who go around and report every single base because those people get a weird kick out of seeing other people suffer. I have seen this first hand on official servers, where a expletive player went around and reported every base and got multiple people banned who either had not done anything in my opinion to warrant a ban or barely crossed the grey area of the TOS and completely lost their ability to play the game ever again.

How would you feel about getting banned when you felt innocent. Hell, Ive seen players get banned for spicy language in chat. We don’t live in a care bear world, and conan is definitely not a care bear fictional world. That type of action by admins is totally ridiculous. If someone is being spicy in chat, give them a warning and block them from posting in global chat for a week.

People should be given the chance to make corrections and redeem themselves. We dont take people out back and put them down when they break the rules, we send them to prison for an appropriate mount of time based on what they did to give them a chance to change their ways. Only in the most extreme circumstances should a permanent ban occur or even a 1 month suspension. The ToS needs to be COMPLETELY redone with very clear specific rules, and everyone needs to realize we all need to live together and get along and share this world without fear of being removed from it for minor mistakes.

1 Like

You aren’t banned from the game just the public servers. And most building bans are just a 2 week time out.

We all; except funcom, agree on that.

Not the way it works, see above.

We have walked that road in to a deep rut, does no good, the people that could do that don’t seem to be listening.