Would like to see water blocks/foundations

If it were just cosmetic (as they are requesting they could easily code it so fish traps and drinking from the source could be removed keeping the relevance of the wells and refreshment statues.

1 Like

High T3 base on max build height with water foundations. The water flows down covering the land. There are many ways to abuse this. Your difficult still goes down. Survival game food and water is need. This idea removes water needs by alot.

It is cosmetic. No waterfalls Bryan. The OP showed how the water would be locked into foundations. Like a pool. Or a tub or something.

You would need to make an enclosure. This would allow the water blocks to remain in. If one section is destroyed then all the water blocks vanish instantly.

Its easy to code it so it has the physics but does not allow for drinking nor putting fish traps, or drinking.

But to argue your point. You can currently build a large well on ceiling foundations. You can drink from it and put fish traps in it. We also have refreshment statues in the game already. So water is not an issue.

The OP is asking for decorative water blocks snapped inside of foundations. Not building a waterfalls.

Even if they didn’t code it different and allowed people to drink from it, or bathe in swim in it or put fish traps in it, it makes 1000% more sense than having a darned large well I can drink from, put traps in etc
on my darn roof.

You’d think someone who wants Lichdom and Sorcery which defies logic wouldn’t be so opposed to static water blocks in a controlled structure.

That’s would be nice to make multiple interesting building, bathhouse, a moat? While being able to build somewhere else than the rivers :slight_smile:

1 Like

I oppose an idea that would replace wells. You can auto fish in large wells. We already have wells. This is the exile lands. Harash and unforgiving is the theme. Swimming pools breaks the illusion of it being set in the Conan universe.

Crazy how he keep asking to remove the farm in the game, give extra free stats to remove the difficulty and choices out of the game then get hellbent against a decorative structure which might be used the same as something already in the game with extra cosmetic option.

That won’t change the balance of the game, would have some nice cosmetics options, and wouldn’t be a real grief issue as it was proposed higher up (contained into an existing structure and get destroy with said structure)

1 Like

Conan’s world had fountains and pools. Jewel encrusted towers. The palace of Set, Ishtar and other described lavish pools.

Aquilonian bath houses were a thing as were bathing pools. No one bathed in their “wells” Bryan. I never read a story where Conan decided to climb into his well with fish traps to take a scrubber to his junk.

But I recall the decadent palaces that housed such Glittering Pools and courtyards with ponds.

1 Like

I deleted pictures cuz of slight nudity

Itd be a very welcome addition to add water i feel. But as usual, in moderation. While you could make a beautiful pond in your town or even a tactical 3 foundation wide moat
 I can see it being abused if unchecked
 Nobody wants a Lake Michigan around New Asagarth

With ability to die with like radium torches. Blood pool please!!!

2 Likes

that i would pay to see

Hey thanks for the responses everyone. It has been interesting seeing you discuss this idea. I have been thinking of another interesting use. So to make one of these blocks, I was thinking of using a full stack of water orbs. What if we got creative and were able to use a full stack of gas or oil orbs as well? So you can make a moat of poisoned water. Or a ring of tar that circles around your base that you can ignite for say 3 minutes to protect from raids (would be timed and only clan members can ignite it). These could also be used for trap rooms where when ceiling pieces are destroyed the players would fall into pits filled with the poisoned water (or regular water with anti-climbing). Thoughts?

(Writes down for his to-do list). Context, my LBPR - Additional Improvements mod, with a lot of help from others in the modding community (shoutout to the peeps, you know who you are), I’ve been slowly adding more and more dyeable things.

1 Like

I love using the mods waterblocks, in TWD and Stygian Building kit. Kudos to the Mod devs! Would love to see these expanded a bit, with more variantions. Having them in the Full game would be really awesome indeed.

I would love water blocks, or more water features in general.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.