Xbox One Hotfix (30.01.2019) - Anti-flooding and crash fixes

Hey folks, we’ve got a hot new hotfix coming at you for the Xbox One version of Conan Exiles! We are adding in some anti-flooding tools to the game engine to work as a counter measure against certain exploits. We’ll continue to monitor this issue and update the game as necessary.

highlights

• Added anti-flooding tools to the engine.

notes
performance

• Fixed a server crash caused by null inventory sent from client. In addition, several other similar issues have been adressed for the ConanCharacter and ConanPlayerController.
  • Fixed a crash caused by editing the guild name without being in a guild
  • Fixed a crash relating to invalid hit-locations
  • Fixed a crash caused by invalid building objects
  • Fixed a server-crash relating to rhinos pushing players away
  • Fixed various other, obscure, server crashes
  • Fixed an issue causing unnecessary lag on death - this should now be much smoother.

exploits

• Added anti-flooding tools to the engine.

ui

• Fixed an issue where the client Healthbar update could get called on the server

community

Trello Report Board

We have a public bug tracking board here! You can check this to track the issues that get brought up by the community the most. In the “For prioritization” column you can vote for the issues you would like us to prioritize and we will make sure it gets moved into development asap. You can read the full details on how it works on the forum post here.

3 Likes

Hello, I am not sure about anyone else, however after update still having all the same issues as before. It does not appear to have fixed anything in the game. Game still crashes, freezes with interaction with work stations etc. and get the pop up sometimes, “waiting for data” on the screen, Game already crashed several times back to X Box home screen. Playing US region, Xbox one-S, single player offline

Have you tried a hard reset and playing single player for a few minutes?

Hey guys, looks like Xbox is having issues on their end. So we’ll have to wait on a fix. :C

Edit: Seems to be back up!

Good Day Funcom, issue I have when placing any item walls or craft station when I try to turn it my character goes into fighting stance and cancels item I want to place. Then I need to reselect the item and place it asap otherwise my character goes out of the fighting stance and I cannot rotate the item again. Game on xbox one x still has major stuttering aswell. Also when I equip any tool I first need to wait for the equip animation to finish then only can I start mining or cutting wood. It al started right after the latest update. Please assist…

They’ve said a fix for this is in the next patch in a few weeks (ish).

The best workaround I’ve found is to pull out a torch when building or trying to place things. Means you still need to keep a stack of fiber on you and sacrifice a bunch of encumbrance weight, but stops the attacking animations.

I’ve also gotten it work if i kick or punch first in order to put myself in the fight stance before trying to place anything. Once I do that, I normally don’t have any issues. With one caveat of course. If i don’t place anything or do anything for a little while, i will revert back to the normal stance. Then i need to start the process over.

It’s inconvenient, but workable. And as @Mr.Crom said, a fix is coming.

Omg that drives me crazy. It’s difficult to get it placed in time before the stance goes away. Especially if you’re trying to adjust the height too.

I find the torch trick is a lot less frustrating to start with. After the first couple foundations are placed it’s not too bad dealing with the stance but placing wheels, animal pens, and decorative stuff can get real annoying.

Can’t wait for the patch to finally get here. It’s been almost 2 months of this now. Totally killed this game for me.

I’ll admit, I’m surprised that they haven’t treated that fundamental problem using a controller with a greater sense of urgency.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

We have a new hotfix out for the Xbox One version: