How about that parity patch? lmao

Hi Croms_Faithful,

I do not mean any disrespect but please do not confuse what the PC testlive servers get and what the PC platform gets.
I do think that it is unacceptable (using a polite word) that the PS4 & Xbox community have had to wait so long to get some very essential fixes - such as the entering combat and punching issue when trying to place building items, requiring work arounds for months simply to build. It’s not like most can just switch to a keyboard like the PC users who like to plug console controls into their PC can.

but to keep it clear what patches went out to live when … here is a comparative summary:
All platforms received this around the same time, late last year:
Automod updater, archery, katana, bug fixes:

we all then got the DLC … and suffered stutter, lag and other bugs … we all got a hotfix just before Christmas:

The TESTLIVE server got the QQL patch just before Christmas so PC players could switch over to that to test it out IF they wanted to … but that won’t transfer over the live game as far am I aware…It certainly doesn’t transfer over to the Official PC live servers as the PC test-live servers provided by Funcom are separate from all PC live servers… Funcom manages them directly … no idea about single player saves or private servers.
the PC platform did get some of the bug fixes and a series of hotfixes before PS4 & Xbox…
Over Christmas there was a flood of reports of crashes and poor performance on a number of official servers …across all platforms… emotions ran high and accusations of ddos attacks and cheaters abounded …this de-railed Funcom’s progress on addressing the test-live feedback as they scrambled to deal with some serious issues… This led to the following two hotfixes for PC:

and

and about two weeks later a hotfix for atleast the first set of issues went to PS4 and Xbox; perhaps they bundled both together … I’m not sure:

Whilst developing those hotfixes, other parts of the team worked on the test live feedback; they were satisfied they had gotten it right for the pre-Christmas released testlive mechanics …and moved to get the next set of code they wanted tested on to the test live server… this is when they announced that the PC live will get the QQL in early Feb … then internal QA must have finally started experiencing what the player testers had reported all along … ie: spontaneously rearranged building pieces that were not JUST a visual bug …more than one player could see it … building items that were in the wrong place and could be destroyed …but the area where they used to be could still not be run through ie invisible walls… Serious issues that prevented them from releasing the QQL patch for another month…
In the mean time, part of the coding team had finished on the next stage of the game …ie Black Yeti, Unnamed city NPCs & recipes, random elite enemy spawns, VOIP improvements…so they put THAT on TESTLIVE for players to work on whilst some of the coding team tried to figure out the building optimisation bugs …

In the end, they had to separate the code and take that out … BUT the test-live players had given them the feedback they needed to get the Black Yeti, Unnamed city NPCs & recipes random elite NPC spawns, VOIP improvements ready for release … so they could bundle those together and put out at the same time:

To summarise: the PC platform CONTENT updates, as opposed to hotfixes was on 10 December 2018 (Automod updater, archery, katana, bug fixes) and THEN the next was 2 March 2019 (Optimizations, Balancing, Purges, new VOIP and so much more). The PS4 & Xbox received the same hotfixes as far as I can see about 1 or 2 weeks after the PC platform, but you haven’t received the new CONTENT yet. And importantly, the TESTLIVE PC environment is not the PC platform that most of us who play Conan Exiles on PCs play on or want to experience …it’s temporary, it wipes, its full of broken code that frustrates and ruins game play … it often doesn’t get brought up to date with what is finally released to the PC live version until Funcom has another testlive build to test …so people can’t just hang out there full time if they get a DLC that’s not been ported across…or they hotfix the PC live and don’t parity-patch to the testlive.
Since that 2 March 2019 patch release to PC we’ve had THREE hotfixes for issues caused by the patch … one of 4th March, another 5 March and most recently 16 March.

Sorry this is excessively long … but I hope you see that at the end of last year Funcom HAD been releasing PC, PS4 and Xbox patches and hotfixes close together. I hope you see that the PC live server hasn’t had the QQL & Black Yeti for very long …and it’s still bugged … perhaps as these hotfixes happened 24 & 48 hrs after release to PC live they have were incorporated into the console patches needing recertification to start again … speculation on my part of course.

3 Likes