Xbox Patch (24.09.2020) - Memory optimizations and crash fixes!

From the sound of it, this patch is intended to fix the dashboard bugs that have existed for some time now, years in sone cases. But IF that is the intention of this patch, why wait until now?

Also, if this is the scenario at hand, it would have placated alot of ppl if we were made aware of what we were waiting for during the 5 weeks after the corrupted update.

There’s not a technical reason, from what I gather and it sounds like all of their console development and QA is outsourced. They simply don’t have the in-house resources to do this and console players need to understand that Funcom considers the console platforms secondary to the PC, where they can iterate through builds quickly. The whole “move fast and break things” development philosophy for PCs doesn’t work well in the console ecosystem.

1 Like

I find it amazing that this “patch” fixed absolutely nothing. They have the nerve to make a new full map expansion already going back on the promise of only making cosmetic dlc but now they have basically shown they are completely abandoning the console community. Also the people that say it’s a big game it’ll have it’s problems, Ark is a much bigger game with the ability to transfer between maps and has much less problems. This new dlc is basically extortion and splitting the community.

3 Likes

They are a company first and foremost, they are going to put their resources where they think the money is, and that doesn’t seem to be us?

What’s the saying, “talk is cheap”.

1 Like

The hotfix last week didn’t correct any of the issues I’ve been experienced.
The main issue is the server instability and crashes.
I’ve spent 90 minutes trying to load in today and managed less than 1 minute of play time in total.
Since the patch this has been the case. The server instability existed before the patch but was made much worse by it. My clan lost 6 months of progress due to not being able to load in to our base without the game crashing instantly. Not after a certain period of time - instantly.
As a result i’m the only one of my 8 player clan still trying to play the game. All my friends stopped playing and uninstalled the game.
I was willing to endure some issues in order to play the game because I love it but at this stage its just become too much. I can’t actually play the game I purchased anymore and I’ve lost everything in-game as a result. This is really disappointing.
Before the patch I was struggling to deal with undermeshers. Now I am struggling just to load the game.

3 Likes

Could you clarify, is is the xbox console itself running out of memory, or the server?

3 Likes

I was waiting for the fix but it will never happen, I finished with this game. New COD is coming out and plenty of other games out there that not crashing to dashboard every 20min.

I had fun and met with some good people, unfortunately mainly with some d…ks, but I will no longer play this game.

Good luck boys I’m out

5 Likes

Yes it is unplayable online or offline and tried reinstalling and still unplayable it loads into a server for 5 to 10 seconds and crashes I have cleared the cache and tried everything I could think of. If microsoft has to give approval of all updates and fixes how did this not get noticed.
I have spent alot of money buying all the DLCs as alot of the community have but it seems we don’t matter as long as money is hitting their pockets at funcom and microsoft… I feel all attention is on the pc and isles of siptah as many of the community feel the same way and we would love to play the game we paid for and so much money being wasted on renting servers that nobody can use. Please honor your fans and fix this asap.

5 Likes

Sad

2 Likes

Today , a new hotfix for pc is out !!! :thinking::pensive::triumph:

A very big thank you to funcom for fixing it on Xbox , 6 weeks that the game is unplayable, very good professional conscience, keep it up, thank you for the whole xbox community .

Conan Exiles is die for us !

2 Likes

PC is the focus atm, imo. The PC players are currently paying $20 to buy early access of siptah. FC is using the early access as a testing ground, because there is not enough ppl participating in testlive. Siptah is the new baby, xbox is the redheaded stepchild.

2 Likes

As a Xbox / Console player. I don’t seem to have gotten any updates, and when i first join a server, it will take around 1 minute before the game crashes and sends me back to the xbox home screen. Before the “Update” the game crashed from around 10-40 minutes after joining a server. When i first log in to play the game, there comes a message that says there are corrupt game files, and that i need to reinstall the game. And when i first reinstall it, it still gets that corrupt message. Please fix this bug. You’ve litterally made the game worse then it allready was. Thanks -G

Edit: As more of my console friends who plays with me, says they have the same bug, and many of the other people in this thread complains about the same bug, I myself think you should prioritise this bug and get it fixed as soon as possible, as this bug may become the downfall of the game.

1 Like

Still waiting for this to be fixed…

2 Likes

Xbox official server 2502 is not showing up.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled. I did a complete wipe and reset of my xbox 1. I reloaded conan and the corruption message went away.I was able to play for a few hours before the game crashed and then the corruption message returned. I can play on an american owned server and it never crashes. I play on a european server when I have played with friends in europe and If I am lucky I can play for an hourl. If I sign on first single player offline, other wise it crashed during logon. This was wrking fine before the big update that changed some of the thrall commands. It has never worked the same. I quit playing the game for over a year. I have built up a large camp and hate to let it all go. If I quit again I doubt I will return. I will not buy the next upgrade if this is not fixed.

2 Likes

I’ve found that the one thing that seems to consistently cause crashes sooner rather than later is teleporting / zoning. The more you do it, the quicker you’re going to be abruptly visiting the dashboard.

The update lengthened that period of time between crashes a bit, but it’s still leaking memory like a sieve and if this was their “optimization” patch, I’m not hopeful they’re going to get a handle on this anytime soon with the limited resources they devote to consoles.

I’ve mentioned this before, but if you suddenly start seeing low-res textures everywhere and the LoD being scaled down, just find a safe spot, logout, close the game and restart. You’re about to crash.

3 Likes

The game is STILL crashing regardless of whether this error message is a legacy message or not. Why weren’t you working on this instead of making dancers able to do more than one dance?

Still nothing…

1 Like

Icant even get past the chose online or story option at all starting today? Was able to play last night with only the ocasional crash and sign back in. Again cant even log into my story mode? Dont understand why this happening???
Sorry if this reply is in the wrong spot. Im new to the forum

1 Like

Youtuber Wak 4863 just posted a vid showing how much they favour pc over console. Hopefully they’ll see it as negative press and take action (or not). I love this game but if they’re not working on fixing it I’ll have to play something else. I’ve had it 2 years and would have PURCASED ALL DLC by now, but i won’t if it’s not getting properly worked on.