Xbox Patch (24.10.2019) - Optimizations, audio and other fixes

Greetings Exiles!

We’re releasing a new patch with some performance optimizations with assets in the game.
We have also bulked up in cough syrup and distributed it to thralls and player characters to stop the pneumonia outbreak when they were idling, as well as fine-tuned the running stop animation.
Many of the issues regarding altered item stats (such as different temperature protections) should also be tackled in this patch, along with some other bugfixes.

Thank you for your continued support and for your invaluable feedback.

Currently Known Issues

• We’re aware of an issue with missing SFX for NPCs and player characters, particularly during combat situations. We’re working on that and it’ll be fixed in the next update.

notes
performance

• Optimized some material and texture sizes to generally improve performance.
  • Optimized current assets to improve performance.
  • Fixed a number of crashes related to asset conflicts.
  • Optimized files by deleting outdated and invalid assets.
  • Additional file size optimizations to improve performance.

exploits

• Fixed an exploit regarding infinite stamina
  • Battle Standards can no longer be used to prevent players from placing objects around their base.
  • Fixed an exploit regarding undermeshing.

general

• Fixed an issue where some equipment would grant you double the amount of attribute points.
  • Blood and Sand equipment had their temperature resistances swapped by mistake. This is now fixed.
  • Particles for the end-boss fight in the Wine-cellar should now work as intended.
  • Pit of Yog and Rift of Yog (and their placement brushes) can no longer be used to kill NPCs and players.
  • Fixed a couple of issues with the Debaucheries of Derketo DLC emotes.

animation

• Tweaked the male stopping animation to make it much less extreme; it will no longer look like your character has a stomach-ache when movement ends.

audio

• Distributed cough syrup in the Exiled lands, which effectively removed the groans and moans from idle animations.

community

Trello Report Board

We have a public bug tracking board here! You can check this to track the issues that get brought up by the community the most. In the “For prioritization” column you can vote for the issues you would like us to prioritize and we will make sure it gets moved into development asap. You can read the full details on how it works on the forum post here.

4 Likes

Hi!
Why disable all the sounds of the enslaved? (sigh, cough…)
It was a good idea, it gave a bit of realism and a lively side to the basics.
Under the pretext that some people grumble when saying it’s boring, you turn it off, it’s a shame. Leave the choice to the players with an options in the menus.

And I waiting the hot fix for the sfx in fight. Thanks.

1 Like

Did this patch also fix the scattered scourgestone?
Tried it and its still not dropping.
Temperature is also dropping severely when in water by Buccaneers bay.

Damn, I was really hoping they would fix that in this patch

2 Likes

Any ETA of the servers coming back up? Specifically 2732.

Personally i think they just needed more sounds. What really needs a sound overhaul is the elephants, jesus. The sound carries as along as youre in visual range of them and its just constant snorting and whoosh noises from their ears. Doesnt sound like elephants at all. Gives me a headache but they have huge inventories. But yeah the wheel of pain slaves need new sounds besides the “ahooohoo oooooh” that they constantly do, not just an outright muting.

I agree the sounds added a great immersion to bases, but the whiners had their way to remove it.

I’ve been very nice a patient but I’m about losing with funcom. I have alot of respect for game devs and programmers, I’d like to become one myself, I know it ain’t easy work but damn. I’d like to ask how much theses devs get paid. It seems like they test nothing when trying to patch or update things .
With these horrendous recent updates with idle sounds every 30 seconds and the stop animation. Who thought that would be a good idea? I mean, idle sounds aren’t bad they should have more time apart between and more subtle. Heavy coughing and hacking, sighing and moaning, really? Although I don’t mind the sounds from the wheel of pain. It always made me laugh. My base is full of thralls and every second it sounds like someone’s getting laid or dying. And I think it’s rude when Im listening to an NPC talk, my character seems bored or ■■■■■. That was patched, thanks I guess.
There were so many other issues to work out but instead y’all just keep pumping out crap to make us spend money. And these character and monsters mute nonsense didn’t get patch after a huge 19gb update? To me it ruins my gameplay cuz I use sounds cues of enemies to know I’m under attack. I got wolves attacking me at all sides and I have no idea where to dodge and when to anticipate the next attack and from where. Thats goes with human NPCs as well. It really ruins the immersion and makes it hard to detect enemies off camera. The relic Hunter thralls changing and losing all their gear, not even gonna get into that… oh good crom. To say the least it just seem downright incompetent. Tell me I’m wrong, I want be wrong…
The game has a certain charm which made me bare all the ridiculous bugs and glitches with hopes they’d get patched. Instead y’all come out with new dlcs that has people spend their money only to get screwed with new and at times game breaking bugs. Don’t get me started on the eternal night patch last Halloween which gave annoying blue glow to the entire world which made it hard to look at. And that ended up taking over a month to patch out cuz of some issue y’all overlooked with MicrosoftI see people on the Facebook group wanting to play this game and I so bad want to recommend it but I’d feel like an a h * cuz i should warn them of all the problems before they waste their money. I’m starting to think y’all have given up and are using this game as a cash grab because someone will end up buying the dlcs no matter what.
Yes this was long winded but this has been pent up since day one and I just had to get this off my chest. I’m putting this game down for a while, maybe switch to ESO. At least zenimax are much more responsive with their issues, and gearbox as well. Heck, dare I say even EA seems more compitent. Boy I can’t imagine how bad things will be when y’all release the mounts dlc. I might log on just see that s*** show. Please prove me wrong. I so bad want to be wrong.

Uhm…yeah… there is still the problem with the new walls inside the one cave at Boundary Spillway. All my legendary stuff is stuck inside my base, because of those walls. Please fix it. It is my favorite place for a base. I was even building a town on the plains below. Now, i have to look for a different place for my town and have to try to get back my stuff. Took me months to get all of it…

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

New patch is out!