XBOX Private Server - Can only loot chests once

Game mode: Online
Problem: Bug | Misc
Region: US-East

No one is able to loot a chest more than once on our private server after clearing a camp. Every time we go back to a camp the chest will show there but when you attempt to loot it again just a blank window opens with no loot showing or boxes in the popup window. Have to reboot the server to be able to loot the chest again. Distance does not matter.

Should we have our server reset every night? Would that prevent purge or other events if we are rebooting that often? I wouldn’t think a reboot should be need nightly.

Steps on how to reproduce issue:

1. Clear camp
  2. Loot chests
  3. Wait for camp re-spawn
  4. Try to loot chest again
2 Likes

Also happens on official servers. I can loot each chest like once per day

Only way I fix this is to destroy the chests after looting, when they respawn they have loot in them again. I’ve stopped doing it now though because I’m past the point of needing 7 bones and 3 iron bars.

1 Like

:face_with_raised_eyebrow: This is still a problem today!!! :rage:

Why can’t it disappear if you take everything or turn to a bag after you take what you want? And then a new one can spawn! Seems simple enough.

Or treat chests like thrall bodies in that they stay for a little while and then they are gone until a new one spawns in. On the flip side I have even looted the same box days later and the stuff I did not take is still in there, I mean come on fix this…

1 Like

How the hell are they going to get Paid DLC done if they’re working on bugs, huh?