Xbox Update (02.08.2018): The Jewel of the West Pack is now available

Hey everyone!

1024x1024%20-%20logo2

The Jewel of the West Pack releases at 1pm CEST

It includes the following items:

• 39 new Aquilonian building pieces.
    • A full set of building pieces with the same stats as existing tier three.
  • 15 new armor pieces in three sets, such as the Black Dragon armor.
    • Light, medium and heavy sets with an epic end-game version of each.
  • 9 new weapons in one Aquilonian weapon set.
    • Same power as iron weapons with an epic end-game version of each weapon.
  • 5 new Aquilonian warpaints.
    • Decorative warpaints symbolizing for example rule and bravery.
  • 25 new placeables, such as the harp and councilor chair.
    • Craft them at the new Aquilonian Artisan table.

All the new content from Aquilonia is exclusive to this DLC and adds a host of new visual options but does not give any in-game advantage in power. All the new items have comparable stats to existing items.

CE_jewel_small

As previously announced we are also working on a parity patch for the console versions of Conan Exiles, to bring them up to speed with the PC version. Our target for this parity patch is next week.

Thats awsome. Been waiting for this. Except my server has been gone all day again so…

1 Like

Its f@#kin reinstalling the whole game what sort of update does that?

1 Like

It certainly isnt nearly 50GB for just the dlc patch is it?

Unfortunately it’s been like that for a lot of our Xbox patches, even the ones that have just a small amount of changes. We know it’s incredibly inconvenient.

game froze in load screen completely unplayable now.:angry:

1 Like

Mine too, RIP 2949

1 Like

On my internet, this 50GB patch will take 2 days to download. No other game that I own needs to completely redownload itself for every patch.

Also, $10 for these packs is a bit insulting at this stage of the game’s life. I know the bugfixing team is separate from the design team, but it’s not a good look to be shoveling multiple overpriced cosmetic DLC packs out before making any significant headway with the tons of bugs. Most complete games that have solved many of their bugs and are stable don’t even try to charge $10 for a cosmetic pack.

For whatever it’s worth, I’d consider picking these packs up down the road for $5 if the game pans out and improves at a nice rate. At $2 or $3 I’d probably pick them up now in good faith. At $10? The game would have to have all kinds of improvements before I’d feel okay with dropping $10 on some skins.

If it’s $10 for some skins, I dread to think what the price will be when you guys put out some DLC that actually adds to the game.

4 Likes

All updates that aren’t cosmetics will be free. We’ve said so before :slight_smile:

The reason the patch is so large is due to Granite, which we use to help with texture streaming and compression. Whenever we “bake” our textures in Granite it’s registered as a change in the game’s files when we submit it to Microsoft for certification and patching. This is why the Xbox patches are so large.

4 Likes

so since this is only in the xbox section its only available to xbox?

No, it will be available on all platforms. It’s out now on Xbox and PS4, with PC coming up shortly :slight_smile

Can you atleast fix the xbox crash to dashboard then bring out DLC. The stability is appalling and has been since game preview launch. The majority if not all of PVE conflict 2018 get crashes to the xbox dashboard atleast 4 or 5 times a session. We can’t do anything remotely fun just incase we get dashboarded and lose our stuff. FIX YOUR GAME PLEAAAAASE!

1 Like

Worst thing is not one funcom employee has addressed the community on this. Sick of being shunted.

1 Like

Thank you guys so much. I really like the pricing scheme on the cosmetic dlcs and am looking forward to the new content! Would love more map to explore, dungeons to complete and Npcs to meet (and enslave).

Please hurry with bug fixes. We have some serious issues in game and are eagerly waiting for a result, but I do hope you guys and gals enjoyed your break!

We have said in the past that this is constant work in progress in regards to stability and performance and that is still the case.

It’s an ongoing process but the tech team is on it.

2 Likes

Ah Nice an update sadly this update Made me loose everything my vaults en chests are gone the bugs and crashes on daily bases i can handle buth this is harsh plz fix this i am on server 2200 and there are more ppl that this hase happend plz respond

You, or the Devs need to talk to Microsoft. Practically reinstalling the game is not good for people with slow or inconsistent speeds. This is absolutely infuriating. Especially when people just bought this because of the dlc or the sale. You’re receiving negative feedback which is keeping people from buying the game. Which impacts your income. And the income of the game to produce quality updates. Thanks, Your friend, Mitwad.

1 Like

This is beyond crazy the game is virtually unplayable I didn’t pay for this game to GET WORSE after the preview and the fact a lot of us did and now the over priced DLC whatever dude.

1 Like

Dear Mr. Dev,
The majority of us are nice people and try to understand most of the problems that occur on your end. With that said how can “our techs are on it” be an answer to a crash fix that has persisted for over a year now, this was happening in beta. Good business would be that you compensate and make your buyers happy rather than charging for a new DLC when the game isn’t playable. STOP working on more content and put all your energy into a working game and we would be more than happy to purchase any cosmetic DLC. You are letting the record setting game that you are proud of slip away and it’s so disheartening . It’s a legit slap in the face to say to your buyers “here pay for this even though it’s not working properly”. I’ve been playing daily with the crashes but can’t do anything “enjoyable” without a being babysat in fear of losing all my gear or hunting loot. You are the only game i’ve played in the past year that I love and the only game i’ve ever played that crashes like this. Fire your techs or hire some more because every other company gets their stuff fixed before they pickpocket the community.

2 Likes

Its a huge inconvenience we pay for our bandwidtvh in canada and i have personally had to redownload the game atleast 20 times …