16 days without conan on xbox

My opinion they should take out the automatic flagging system at all, or change it to require X amount of vote.

1 Like

It took you guys four days to write a response…

Looks like the reply added absolutely no new information, no eta, no reason(s), no details at all. Also no further help or resources for help. Almost like it was a total waste of time, both to read and write.

2 Likes

I get that i come off negative alot. But i do understand that the; Devs, Moderates, Forum Management, all have to take direction from a boss or supervisor. And in alot of instances it is just a case of that, replies can only contain what is allowed. And FC dictates those parameters. So in essence when Hugo or any other Moderator, as an example, replies with the above content, it is because that is all they are allowed to comment. It must suck for them just as much as it does for us. If their hands were not tied they could reply with more/better information and that would appease a lot of forum members, resulting in less forum ‘rage posts’ that require constent censorship. This is how it is, and will be untill FC changes policy.

2 Likes

Cert can take a couple weeks depending on what’s going on. I’m also extremely frustrated because I only started playing a little over a month ago. I bought a 3-month private server to play with my brother and a friend and then the update came. My xbox one S seems to crash about 4x as often as my brother’s X. I anticipate the most recent patch may have failed cert if there are still crashes (new ones, old ones, doesn’t matter), and they are working to get the patch solid enough to pass cert. that’s why they can’t give an ETA. If it really is just waiting for PS4 to catch up, that’s a little weak. Parity should be less of a priority vs making the game playable for a large portion of your player base. I don’t know how the last patch got through cert with the number of issues players are seeing, but it happened.
I’ve called them out on Twitter a few times, it’s very frustrating. Don’t expect much of a response except “we’re working on it”. Sadly, that’s the best move when you’re in a bad spot, from a PR perspective. The production line for Conan Exiles, from the outside, seems very flawed because things are mostly tested through PC then handed down to consoles. With all the issues console players are seeing, it seems like they aren’t dedicating enough resources to verifying changes on those platforms (especially “lesser” versions like the S vs the X).
I enjoyed the game but haven’t played in over a week. I’m just acting as server admin as my brother and our friend tolerate the crashes to keep playing. I may not re-up the server and there’s no reason to even play the new map if player’s can’t have confidence the game will at least perform moderately well.
It’s a tough place to be in as a developer, but there doesn’t seem to be much transparency between developer/publisher and community (understandable to some extent, only because of the aforementioned PR thing, it’s better to be quiet until things are fixed). A little under a decade ago I worked on a AAA game and have a bit of a glimpse into what goes into all this. It takes time to develop, QA, and push updates. Players can’t always relate to that when all they want to do is play. But it is the responsibility of the studio (and Xbox cert to a degree) to make sure the game is never left in an unplayable state.
I hope things get fixed soon. I hope whatever is happening between developer and publisher allows for the team to take a good hard look at how to make the game work better overall on consoles. The game touts 10 million players but I wonder how many are on PC vs otherwise, because a player base will only tolerate these kinds of issues for so long.
I really hope the Dune game doesn’t suffer from these issues when it comes out.

4 Likes

There is so much in this game to love or else we wouldnt be trying so hard to play it, if it was like the dumpster fire that is Avengers I wouldnt care, but conan is by design a really good game.

Just need better follow through.

Communication and Community share the same 7 letters for a reason, they go hand in hand, if ones bad the other sours, if ones good they both can benefit.

3 Likes

30 days now. I have contacted Microsoft about their selling of a broken game via their marketplace. Ultimately, i would like to have CE pulled from the xbox marketplace. If it dosent work, they shouldnt sell it. Simple ethics.

7 Likes

Same. I flagged a report on the Xbox store a couple of days ago. Haven’t had a response from Microsoft though.

IgnasisCommunity Support

16d

Hey everybody,

There’s a new patch coming addressing performance and stability issues on this version of the game. It’s currently awaiting certification on both console platforms.
Apologies for the frustration and thanks for the feedback.

THIS WAS 16 DAYS AGO!!!

5 Likes

New Xboxes that most people are not going to find, is it going to complicate thins?

I don’t think so I think it will actually make things better.

I did manage to get one yesterday :slight_smile:

Its been over a month since exiles was borked on xbone with corruption message. Countless " waiting on certification " responses. Shall I send a letter postmarked from Exiles to Siptah through the Thrall passage to see if any devs over there will get it? I’m worried it will be returned to sender…" Waiting on certification…"

4 Likes

After this all happens in real, I am pretty shure what I will not buy…

It’s still broke lol shame on you funcom yo does ten cent no that you guys are killing the Xbox community

1 Like

Totally agree with Funbags , funcom were to destroy Xbox Conan community .

I copy paste what I posted on Twitter.

Today , fourth patch for PC New dlc isle of siptah is out :+1::+1::+1::pensive::pensive::triumph::triumph::triumph:

Funcom, what are xbox players for you? Just good at slamming their money to bail out your studio which broke its mouth by the way.
The game has been totally unplayable for over a month on Xbox . what are you doing during this time?
Getting out of paying dlc had we seen it?
How do you explain that a new player can buy your game and suffer from the outset bugs, lags, freeze, rollback, and so on, all its nothing that when you start the game, I get by the fact that you never answer a person, on Twitter and on the funcom forums, it s exactly the same.
And I’m not talking about a few players, it’s the whole community that suffers your incompetence.

Your studio is a shame, I complain the new players, poor of you …

Greetings community and courage for this shi…:v:

3 Likes

I’m really hoping they can figure out the issues and get this performance/fix patch out soon.

Did anyone notice patch 41 doesn’t even show up on the little update feed on the home screen on Xbox?

Can we get a more transparent update on the patch, not just “it’s coming”? Is there a team dedicated to fixing the Xbox build?

1 Like

From what I see patch didn’t fix anything :frowning:

1 Like

The only thing I’ve noticed is that load times for icons (inventory in thralls, work benches, etc.) seems to be faster and there’s less hitching. But largely, the funk seems to be the same.

People with XB1S are still reporting crashes, so I’m guessing the game is still leaking memory like no ones business. I wonder if the only platform they actually test this on is an XB1X with an SSD, or a virtualized environment where it’s not actually running off spinning rust.

1 Like

Opening is still broken, I have tried logging on my paid server cannot, every server I try I disconnect with a low 58 ping, had the cable company check and ping for packet loss, reinstalled the game all 100 plus gigs worth, still no one talking to me about reinbursement or credit for the almost 2 months of unplayable game. And all for a 7 gig pile of nothing.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.