24/7 raid times for PVP only servers

Boo! #403, we’ll miss you. :frowning:

Jay_EV Community Manager said on reddit

This sucks so bad. No more pvp mayhem. Why are you ignoring hardcore pvp players?

Can we please have at least 3 mayhem servers?

Is it because you can’t fix the spears breaking through walls and the items teleporting through walls and the walking through walls when buildings are not rendered?

1 Like

Oh I see now, pvp servers with raid times only so there will be 10 gods summoned at all times during raid times so servers will crash and noone will be able to play during raid time.

I see what you’re doing there Funcom… @Jens_Erik :smiley:

We looked at which servers were seeing the most traffic and decided to re-purpose them based on that. PvP Mayhem weren’t particularly popular when it came to player activity.

5 Likes

how about PvP Fast, I believed that was very popular amongst the community.

2 Likes

But still @Jens_Erik to have at least 2 mayhem 24/7 per zone (euro, usa, south usa, oceania, asia) would make sense, and it would concentrate the playerbase that still love that game mode.

Pretty plis.

Yes more types of pvp server are needed, spec for the balansing part. To have dedicated server for the 24/7 harcore whit no Life and a server more suteble for player wit a Life that like to play pvp. A more frendly pvp so to say but still full pvp sandbox. And then some in betwen.

1 Like

But i dont want to play on a private where whoever is in charge can change the rules whenever they are losing.

The fact that I’m “town arrested” for beating up some nazis so that I can’t live in my squatted social center makes me a no-life in your eyes, I can deal with that as long as you have solidarity for hardcore pvp players.

This game is over for me. Conan pve game I understand. No harkor, nothing. Bye.

I think the three server categories that will be started at launch are a perfect balance–to start. This doesn’t mean that additional servers won’t be added. It also doesn’t prevent anyone from launching a private server that is as “harkor” as you want.

I have been playing online games longer than some of you have been alive. Hard Core versus Care Bear is always an issue. However, I have also found that true Hard Core players are kind of rare and don’t really fill up large online games.

1 Like

I preferred to play on pvp-fast but I am looking forward to trying some of the survival perks on the new pvp-servers. I always found the mayhem servers to be the Mos Esley of our community and will not morn there fate. However, I would remind those that are disappointed in the servers that will be available at launch that funcom was quick to respond to players preferring the no wipe pvp servers over the blitz servers at the launch of early access. Put away your pitch forks and Give it time, if there is a large demand for alternate server settings funcom will respond.

Yes same as living whit mom or just betwean jobbs, diferent reasom to be able to be a 24/7 hardcore. I have no problem whit Thos, np. But my Point was pointing out the 2 diferet type of playerstyle that is hard to mix. The balanse is to have seting that are to boring for the 24/7 but workeble for the player that have other things to do to.

Guess many harcore player like to be the boss/bulle and like to harasse other player but whit only harcore player they Quick become the one that gets spanked.

Oh, so Funcom will rely on private servers for “mayhem”? (Asked by pve-player. :joy:)
Hm, kind of a downer.
Thanks anyway. :hugs:

Well, I guess you didnt pick the numbers from before that combat update? Because before those updates hit live, I only saw fast servers being the packed ones and a few normal ones with moderate player numbers…

But one mayhem server wont hurt at all, I think.
Instead of hoping for players to cry out for some of the old servertypes I think that giving 1 server for each old type might be okay. If those get filled to the brim all the time (keep those “unique players per day” numbers in check), while others are slowly dying (during the first 2 months) I guess that would be a good answer to Funcom.

2 Likes

That’s what awaits you in raids.

I play only on Maynhem. I like to break when I want, I bought a game to have fun, but now it makes me do it at another time, and if I work in the morning.

Amen to that, I made another post asking for at least 1 mayhem per geo-zone.

1 Like

I love you dude