- Current PVP/raid time is every day from 5pm till 11pm server time. It lasts for 6 hours every day, which is 6x7=42 hours per week, which is even more than a typical 40h work week. It’s TOO MUCH, too annoying, people get tired fast and most of people just CAN’T play so much.
- Most of people end jobs at 6pm local time and get home by 7pm. Also each region has many timezones and PVP time should suit most of them. In EU for example, there are 3 timezones and all official EU servers are on CET. Even in Central Europe raid time starts at 5pm, not 7pm and for people in Portugal and UK it is even 4pm.
- Currently there is 0 offline raid protection, no turrets in game and Thrall archers are just totally useless and weak.
- Game has TOO MUCH micromanagement and it takes A LOT of time to build a top base and get top thralls while you can LOSE all that in one moment only because you can’t defend your base 42h a week.
If you want to see same 6h only on weekend, vote for current time options and select Saturday and Sunday below, or select any days or all days and choose new start time and end time which you think suits MOST players in your region (not only you)
Please note that it affects only Raid/PVP time when you can raid bases and damage buildings on PVP servers. You still can kill anyone and access crafting stations and unlocked chests 24/7.
If game doesn’t give a player any security and player can loose all progress in just one moment - people will keep quitting fast, hence very high churn rate and a lot of negative comments which we have seen already.
PVP time should FAIRLY ACCOMMODATE PLAYERS IN DIFFERENT TIME ZONES because each region has FEW (3-4) timezones and FAIRLY means when MAJORITY of players across all 3-4 timezones CAN participate in all events FROM BEGINNING till END.
Taking EU example again. 3 timezones. Let say most of people can be online at 6-7pm local time. PVP time starts in Portugal and UK at 4pm which is RIDICULOUS, Germany and rest CET, 5pm which is still not good, finally EET 6pm which might be ok, but 1h later would be better. Same is from another side when raid time ends and in this case you FAIRLY ADAPT to people from most Eastern timezone which is EET which is midnight which is absolutely fine, 11pm CET and 10pm Portugal/UK, while not perfect, but good enough.
To have a FAIR TIME WINDOW you make PVP time SHORTER and NOT LONGER. You adapt start time to people in most western timezone of the region and end time to people from most eastern timezone of the same region.
Moreover, LESS always equals MORE PVP. Less resources, less top spots = more conflicts, more PVP. Less raid time = more focus, more online and raid instead of walking and running, offline raiding and doing all the boring stuff.
Sieges/raids ARE about ORGANIZATION and BEING PREPARED. You gather anything you need and deploy siege base or trebuchet or god token or whatever and as soon as raid time starts, you begin action. You DO NOT need any raid time enabled before at all.
Let say, every player no matter timezone can play for 6h. While PVP event would be only half of that time when EVERYBODY could participate, everyone could PREPARE for event in their own time. Currently it might not be possible at all because when you log in, you might have half base already gone and during all your prime time you can’t really farm and do anything. Repeat this every single day. People just pressing you and there is nothing you can do. PVP is 90% PVE, it is a lot of farming, crafting, grinding, preparing defences, siege weapons, etc.
Finally, that’s exactly why I propose PVP time from 7 or 8pm so EVERYBODY could participate FAIRLY. 3 hours is ENOUGH for siege/raiding. NOBODY is doing constant damage to buildings for 6h, you need to farm, you need to prepare and it IS enough to wipe even a huge base. If somebody wants to hide, dump anything in vaults and repair during raid, it DOES NOT MATTER is it 3h or 20h raid time, you will never achieve your goal. Nobody can fight for so long, it’s sweat and blood without a break. Can you spend in gym 6h and doing real work and not just sitting there? Moreover, can you handle it every single day and don’t get tired?
Have you ever worked in remote teams across continents? Does team conference happens somewhere between 10am and 10pm or again, time window is SMALLER and very LIMITED so everybody could participate?
Will you buy a plane ticket if it will say that it will take off maybe somehow between 10am and 10pm instead of “you must take your seat no later than 10:45am”. I think we all know the answer.
Below are 2 categories of votes:
- Changing PVP time
- Changing PVP days
Changing PVP time
PLEASE NOTE that all times below are in server time. If, for example you have -2 hours with a server and want PVP time start 6pm your local time, then you should choose 6+2=8pm option.
- Yes, change PVP time (Vote for new start and end time below)
- No, keep PVP time as it is right now 5pm-11pm server time
- PVP time should start at 5pm (Currently)
- PVP time should start at 6pm
- PVP time should start at 7pm
- PVP time should start at 8pm
- PVP time should start at 9pm
- PVP time should start at 10pm
THIS VOTE IS BUGGED. If you want different end time, please point it in your comment.
- PVP time should end at 9pm
- PVP time should end at 10pm
- PVP time should end at 11pm (currently)
- PVP time should end at midnight
Changing PVP days
- Yes, make PVP time only on specific days (Vote for options below)
- No, keep PVP time every day as it is right now