3.0 gameplay and discussion with Andy

JordeeKai streamed live from Twitchcon with Andy and I thought I would post the VOD here if anyone was interested in watching. This VOD will contain some spoilers so be warned.

11 Likes

Awesome video, definitely going back to rewatch more closely, thanks for posting! :slight_smile:
So hyped for this and from the sounds of things not as far away as I was expecting!

2 Likes

This is one heck of an ignorant statement. Mind blowing ignorant. First, Jordee is a content creator, doesn’t work for Funcom. Second, shockingly, Andy and the other CM’s don’t spend 24 hours a day playing Conan Exiles. You are HEAVILY reaching here, for the sake of a narrative.

If you had ANY freaken clue how much time is invested into a project of this scope, you would delete this post and make an apology. I guarantee that I have vastly more working hours making you all free mods, working on the game, then you do having played it. And I definitely do not know everything. If somebody asks me how a certain Javelin is found in one of my mods, I literally have my own Google Spreadsheet to tell me. Cause I sure as heck am not going to remember, AND I WAS THE ONE WHO DID IT.

Supremely reaching here. But what else is new, you all are more interested in pushing narratives then you are in actually understanding.

16 Likes

Reality* And no, its not reality, just another ignorant gamer* who thinks they know everything about game dev.

A++ community. Reminder to people, if you suddenly see my recaps stop, and my mods vanish from the workshop. This is just another reason as to why.

Muting this thread.

5 Likes

and you are wrong here :slight_smile:

and this has less to do with the game and more to do with the fact that the anti-cheat fails to do its job.

6 Likes

You are still wrong then :slight_smile:

I am but there is hardly anything game breaking. If Funcom manages to fix the sad state of officials by finding a way to deal with the cheaters and stop the whole madness with the admin wipes (claim flags when?), the game will be much better. None of these issues bother me personally and this is why I can say that the game actually is not as bad as it is being presented here once you move away from officials.

P.S. I understand why playing on private servers is not an option for some but this doesn’t change the fact that officials are still a sad place to play the game especially for PvPers who have to deal with all the newest cheats.

6 Likes

I watched the whole stream. I enjoyed watching JordeeKai showcase 3.0 and having Andy there to support and answer questions, it was great. Many questions were answered and it looked like they were having a great time. I appreciate both of their contributions.

I understand that:
• the purpose of this event was to present a portion of the work in progress
• it is not the final product and are subject to change
• that is was not a Q&A regarding issues with the game presently
• people are not perfect and don’t know everything
• specific developers or project managers won’t necessarily know every single in and out as their responsibilities may be focused
• the event had a loose plan and allowed for variables

However, I was a little disappointed to see that there were some subjects presented, questions raised directly regarding those subjects and no answers. Not because it is yet to be revealed or that it was still in development, but because the knowledge of how it works was not known. Some of this may be what I mentioned previously. But it does create concern for some people. This is what @Nightwatch is trying to convey.

I’d also like to point out that Nightwatch’s first language is not English and they’re doing their best to communicate IN English. So some back and forth in here may be misunderstood. I think we as a community need to have some patience, understanding and compassion in this regard. Correcting spelling and grammar isn’t the way to do it. No party should be name calling and resorting to playground tactics of na na na na boo boo. We’re all customers and hopefully mature enough to have discussions and debates.

Ultimately I think Nightwatch is bringing some valid points and some are acknowledging it. Like exploits, hacks, report meta, etc.,… While it is micromanaged on private servers or specific mods have been developed to address some issues, these issues still exist in the base game and creates the need for micromanagement on the customers end. If they were baked directly into the game, BattleEye did its job properly, ToC was clearer and the report feature was understood then many of these complaints would be gone.

4 Likes

Please stop all the crappy name calling and insults. None of it is on topic or useful and will only accomplish ONE thing, getting the thread closed, which may deny others from seeing the VOD. @Nightwatch, thank you for your thoughts on the VOD. I don’t share your opinions but I respect them as your opinions.

Everyone, please keep future comments on topic (about the VOD or 3.0) and insult free.

6 Likes

I have friends on both sides of this argument. If you all could, please just turn down the volume a bit.

In the old days, we had Exploit Hunters. You could make up to $1,000 for replicateable exploits and glitches.

@Nightwatch loses credibility for the thing that should make him proudest: he does indeed work for free. He breaks even The Joker’s primary rule.

If I had tons of money, I’d start a new Exploit Hunter group and pay people like him for his countless heads-up on the BS that’s made it into the game. I have thusly taken these tips and turned them into Bug Reports that have, by and large been addressed over time. But why would I work for free? I guess because I love this game and I love y’all too. Remember that when you’re winding up to smack someone like @Multigun. Thank you.

3 Likes

I’m sorry for my previous comment then, but I think we needed to get this out of our systems. I can recognize when we see things that don’t add up, and the Fountainhead of this “sub-topic” is that Andy’s behavior – and Funcom’s curation of the event – is making more than a few people uncomfortable.

Furthermore on the VOD, I’m displeased that people like @Wak4863 who dutifully put out the news will now need to source their videos via another streamer’s video content. This is not good. Wak man, I feel ya, and keep up the good work. :fist:t4:

7 Likes

To the op. It’s seems to me like the undead fighters are somewhat of a waste. If they are limited life span the only time I can see them having any use is the beginning of the game where you don’t want to wait for a thrall to cook on the wheel and want something to help level up. IMO this could use a rework or it’ll be a very underused mechanic. The undead rhinos/horses are very cool looking but again with limited time on them I see this having very limited uses.

4 Likes

Isn’t this whole twichcon thing in Amsterdam? Just saying…expectations of behaviors while at an event in Amsterdam needs to be lessened for at least 48 hours after the team gets back.

3 Likes

I just went back and rewatched this part. Looks to me like a guy who’s jetlagged and having to work a big convention on what’s normally his day off making a tired mistake.

God forbid anyone be human, otherwise elite hackerman supreme nightwatch will hack into your house and download his insults directly into you for slipping up once

(It’s also ironic that he’s so hyperfocused on Andy making one mistake when he can’t even spell most of his words right. Excuses? Nah we don’t believe in excuses, people must be held accountable for all mistakes no matter how little and be crucified for it)

4 Likes

So I don’t really want to watch the whole 2 hour thing so I did some bouncing and skimming. I like what i saw of what I saw however she was either not thinking of her audience or was told to follow what Andy’s direction was because there were many times I wish she would stop for a full second or two on each screen so we could digest it more.

2 Likes

Yeah that sounds more likely but not as fun as my story.

1 Like

I think it was @erjoh’s way of telling me to lighten the f up. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Exactly! These things are events where lots of things going on but also lots of fun. I remember some of the trade events I went to that were…less than optimal but that didn’t matter as much since my drinking buddy at night was the head of the trade association group…my PI was a bit shocked as we did shots throughout the night only to get up at 7AM to try to be professional.

5 Likes

Although I loved his acknowledgement of “fluff”. Mad respect for the man that calls it as he sees it. :wink:

What happens in Amsterdam… :shushing_face:

4 Likes

Thanks @Barnes for the shout! I’m very happy for Jordee and I think she did great. I’m positive that if I had been at twitch con in Amsterdam I would have been afforded the same opportunity.

News is news no matter how it comes and I’ll continue to cover it from whatever the source may be.

To address some of the other conversation in this thread. I think it’s important to state that none of what we have seen is final. So you can cut Andy some serious slack on not knowing the details. Test live is where the biggest changes have come in the past and I see no reason why they won’t continue this practice in the future. Andy is also a community manager not a developer.

Additionally I think asking anyone to be Johnny on the spot for any random question that pops up about Conan Exiles is a stretch. I forget a ton about the game, but I know where to quickly find the info, whether that is personal notes, a video I tucked it in, the wiki, or even jumping in game to double check something. I understand the frustration of not having the information right away but at the same time it’s a product that isn’t available yet so lacking some info isn’t the end of the world and it certainly isn’t worth fighting about with other people that share a passion for the same game.

15 Likes