3.0 gameplay and discussion with Andy

Must be the man bun. LOL

2 Likes

? I haven’t a clue what this is referencing

Here’s a novel idea some people struggle with: not everything everyone says deserves respect. In fact, the very idea that we have to “respect every idea” is the prime example of an idea that doesn’t deserve respect.

What you said here was mind-bogglingly wrong:

Around that timestamp in the video, Andy is clearly talking about the temp mount, which is a completely new feature in the upcoming 3.0 update, and the question he is trying to answer has made him curious about something different, something that hasn’t been asked but could help answer the original question, which is whether a temp mount can be returned to player’s inventory.

And I didn’t even watch the whole stream, I just opened the recorded stream and watched the part around the timestamp you referenced. So if I could get what he was talking about from extremely limited context, the problem here is your own comprehension, not Andy’s lack of knowledge.

So yeah, that was wrong, but what followed it was both wrong and disrespectful:

Now you’re calling community managers lazy and negligent and disinterested, and that’s not only wrong, that’s a personal attack.

And then you cry about how we’re supposed to respect your disrespect? Gimme a break.

I’ve worked in software for a long time, and in my experience it has been perfectly acceptable to not know every single detail of every single aspect of the software I’m talking about. It has always been perfectly fine to say something like “Hm, that’s a great question, let me see if I can figure it out real quick, and if not, I’ll get back to you on that one.”

The only software industry where it doesn’t seem to be acceptable is the game industry, where the general toxicity of the game culture makes it a hazard to say anything ever, because you never know when someone is going to take one little perfectly acceptable detail of what you said and use it as a jump-off point for yet another tirade of how you’re evil or lazy or greedy or incompetent or just to push forward an unrelated grudge that they try to pigeonhole into every discussion they can.

4 Likes

I’ve already had this discussion with you, and you steadfastly refused to even acknowledge the fact that there’s a difference between saying “not every idea deserves respect” and saying “not every person deserves respect”. I’m not going to derail the current topic with the repeat of that discussion if you’re not willing to acknowledge that basic distinction.

I’m the old man in my house so I forget almost everything, hence I have my trebuchet-happy son who spends all day on the wiki as my living CE encyclopedia lol

4 Likes

@CodeMage was very specific about the opinion he feels doesn’t deserve respect and it WAS attacking someone, it was attacking Andy!

1 Like

Just to speculate,
I think he must play a considerable amount. When one considers the conflicts or juxtapositions between the nerves of being on camera, making sure you don’t make any verbal faux pas while getting it right, how memory works and the muscle memory that comes from playing a lot, he seems to rank quite high just from observing him.

One thing is for sure about @AndyB, no matter what he’s dealing with he always has a smile, a great attitude, and is ready to give (or take) the most positive perspective that is reasonably possible about whatever it is and often with the self-effacing humor and retrospect that makes everyone in the room smile with him. The man bleeds glee!

People like that are rare!

8 Likes

Sorry to bring this up again, but 

Oh my goodness, what happened to the community. I can hardly believe what I have to read here.

It’s unbelievable that people like @Multigun, who have been here for 4 years doing everything possible to advance the game, to help the community in every way possible, are then so disrespectfully put down.

Multigun became the very first of the Chosen of Asura in December 2018 for a very good reason.

(Reminder: This player has not only been an immense help with testing and reporting issues and feedback. We also spotted him on Reddit and Steam, trying to help other players and pointing them in the direction of information and answers. ~ FUNCOM) The "Chosen of Asura" Award and Title

And now he has to hear that he probably doesn’t know much about the game and did nothing about it. This is probably a bad joke or just lack of knowledge.
Over the years, this man has dedicated thousands of hours of his free time to the community and the game on a daily basis. Has donated thousands of hours of his time to create mods for the community. Has permanently uncovered bugs in the game and forwarded them directly to the developers over years.

And for that he still deserves my deepest respect and thankfulness.

Again, sorry to bring this up, but I find it an insult that such shining beacon of the community are made down like this. This is unbelievable and makes me sad.

13 Likes

Me too :pensive:. Not only @Multigun but there is many members here and in the discord that really worked and keep working for all of us, the plain players, who knows nothing about programming, still these admiral persons are always there for us to help us, to explain so we understand “why” and for “payment” we apply our “venom”.
It’s sad
 Really sad.
For what is worth, not all of us are like this. You will have my eternal gratitude no matter what you’ll decide. You helped me a lot, thank you!!!
@DaVice, forgive my off topic contribution here, thank you too.

9 Likes

@Mayra pls close this thread.

2 Likes

After reviewing all messages, we will close this thread. Andy and Nicole are amazing people we have the privilege to have on our team. Multigun is also an invaluable member of our community.

Please carefully read the forum Social guidelines before posting or commenting on other threads. Be excellent to each other and keep the forum safe for healthy discussions.

9 Likes