3.0 TESTLIVE FEEDBACK FROM PVP PLAYER REMOVE LOCK ON AND Auto Facing in pvp please read

I see the bait and am not taking it , sorry.

If this all was true than poke roll to victory would not be a thing that it is . A short googling of the many posts about that stand on their own on this subject.

You can run away from a fight , I have had to many times and that is why grit was/is important. Complaints have been made that running was/is too prevalent in combat situations and to a point I didn’t join in to remove this on the basis that running away especially for a weaker player should be an option otherwise we would have an uncontrollable griefing atmosphere .

Btw I do understand the fundamentals of pvp that is why I stated what I did and you obviously didn’t fully read or understand and saw fit to just pick out parts that didn’t fit your most it seems baiting here and there post, implying pvp superiority or some such thing. We do need more defensive mechanics (both fighting skills (defensive abilities and deadly base placeable/buildable traps that are concealable and triggerable ) to spice up pvp so it (the game) doesn’t become a predictable formula to victory further into the future.

I don’t see variety being wasted and predictable fights become incredibly boring fast. I blame mostly min/maxable mechanics a main part of the problem. In a dynamic pvp environment there is no static unchanging builds only to victory that is how people get bored and quit especially if another game has a very similar style of combat.

I hope with Sorcery mixing it up a bit and stamina become less of a win gauge (he who runs out of it first loses the match) as this is how the min/max gear fights (as well as matched skill players fighting and stamina/debuffs become the only winning factor) end predicably . I would like to see personally (imo) more non-stamina tied change up tactics or skills added and possible (exist) that defy and destroy fight predictability.

Although the access part works great for pvp readiness, it removes all other armor as an option, thus making it the only way to play. I guess if you want a game where everyone has same exact armor, then no issue.

1 Like

OK you mean like special moves? Like weapon arts in souls games. A repeatable move that gives you a boost to damage reduction, or damage caused for 10 seconds or something? I think that could work well. I don’t agree that stamina is the main thing in fights though. Practiced players don’t run out of stamina often - they manage it, and only use it all up if they judge it’s worth the risk. Maybe I suck but in my experience gear is normally the deciding factor.

If a game tries to have both skill based fighting and build min-maxing, the min-maxing leads to builds that can one or two-shot a player who is trying to fight with skill and basic gear. It happens in Souls games and happens in Conan. Although Souls games are maybe more balanced because the armour doesn’t make much of a difference (besides special abilities it might grant), and regular weapons can be upgraded to match epic weapons. With the changes to armour attribute bonuses in 3.0, and smiths now bringing strong bonuses to craftable weapons, I think Conan will also be in a good place.

Yeah I don’t see what the problem is having a toggle-able target lock. It’s useful if you’re chucking stuff or dealing with lag, but you’re better off not using it in regular fights. Removing it totally seems extreme to me, and I say that as a person who’s always complaining about skill not mattering enough.

Ive done it way way way to often. Not so much recently as it seems tons of changes close the skill gap, 60% of my stone daggering 60s, were before the combo system, hell back then me and my brother were taking out 20 man clans… they didnt know the hitbox window,

But it seems true, many (definetly not all) changes have been closing and closing the skill gap, i dont mind this to some degree, but things like target lock are essentially a cheat mode option. The wider the gap on stats becomes the more it diminishes skill

Now, these days max stam and stam usage dictate victor in equal skill level(with competent gear)

Skill based games are great, until they put everyone on 100% equal footing, by that i mean no space for improvisation, no victory through sacrifice for preparation and deviations

1 Like

They can be turned off so good luck. Plus I don’t have to build entrances in and out so it will be really hard to follow. This is perfect for stealth bases

THANK YOU ! That’s two who get it ! Can we make it over a hundred, Heck make it even two hundred lets shoot for the Moon !!

1 Like

Start advocating for them to make separate server settings and stat changes based on whether it’s a PvP server or a PvE server. It’s something CE sorely needs.

2 Likes

Oh OK, sure if you’re talking over the life of the game as a whole. I’ve won my share of fights against more powerful opponents with poor weapons. But not in the last couple of years. Probably not since Siptah. But I think a lot of what they’re implementing in 3.0 will redress that so I’m looking forward to it.

Personally I find my own aim and spacing with melee weapons is better than the target lock and hits more consistently, unless there’s heaps of lag :man_shrugging:t2:

It’s the only way I can hit with ranged weapons though (I suck at them in all games), so I guess I can see the “cheat mode” argument in that respect.

2 Likes

I was agreeing mostly with you until this part… PvP needs nothing but skill in aim. Movment etc. Lock on removes this element and becomes a clicking game. Thats not right or fair. Dagger spam, jheb claws, axe and throwing axes and etc wouldnt have been as bad as they were without lock on being in the meta. If a compromise is what youre asking… just make it where auto facing and lock on doesnt target other players … tbh thats fair for everyone

3 Likes

Wish i could if they would do that over this i would but its unlikely

Skill should determine fights with players in PvP who have arguably grinded hours for loot. I mean aim bot lock on in pvp has to go… it shouldnt be a thing. Its legit a skill you must develop. I used to play with lock on too and got good at it… when you remove it… you will see just how much of a crutch it truly is… and you will develop better skills over all trust me

Well you have much more experience fighting other players than I do so I’m inclined to believe you. I wouldn’t personally care if it was removed for pvp. I don’t really use it in PvP anyway. I’m an agressive melee player and barely use ranged weapons.

But there’s an accessibility issue too. Not everyone who plays a game wants to master it. Does the idea that lock on might help casual players beat more serious players bother you? Because it dosn’t bother me. Especially on official servers where people go to learn to play the game. Removing lock on from officials would be super frustrating for beginners and officials should welcome beginners, if anywhere does.

1 Like

They can be turned off?
How banal.

We’ll see what the released version looks like.
But that is extremely boring and uninspired news. This one misunderstood or misremembered a previous comment from the devs that it would be usable by anyone who gets to it.

Probably like anything else. If enough people keep being vocal about it, they will finally do it.

Thrall HP/damage modifiers should be separate between PvE servers and PvP, to balance differently based on their different usage.
Same with weapons and other stuff.

2 Likes

Unwielding is really needed since u get stuck in animation otherwise if you dont decide to dodge. Unwield was a really good feature. Sad it got removed. Would been enough with 2nd hand cancel removal.

No, it doesnt. it makes you have to pick your shots and land them and it takes skill… you SHOULD get punished for missing

2 Likes

Punished for missing you will be by losing stam. Unwield was just making it sure you could have your spear out, hit someone unwield, and keep momentum. Kinda what you need to do 1vX situations. Unwielding you spear is not taking away any skill.

Hard agree weapon swapping cancel is lame. Maybe a cancel with a stamina cost before an attack passes the wind up. But being able to just switch weapons to avoid punishment for free, no way. If anything swapping weapons should invite punishment.

2 Likes

I disagree fully.

It was punished, as soon as you clicked attack it was taking away that amount of stam it would take to do the full attack.