3 chests lost stability with no apparent reason

Game mode: Online official
Type of issue: Bug
Server type: PvE
Region: America Official server #1510 PvE - g-portal.us

Today I noticed 3 chests lost stability in my oldest base. I wasn’t updating or making modifications to the base at that time. I wasn’t doing anything at the time, not even sure if I was logged in when it happened.

This is where the 3 chests were, they have been there for many months.
TeleportPlayer -51666.65625 201710.328125 -18141.921875

Here is the relevant event log:

This is where the chests were.

It had been so long since i used these chests, I don’t know what I lost that was in them. :frowning:

1. Is there a way to identify why they lost stability and what was lost?
  2. Were there any changes to stability?
  3. The 3 chests may have been countersunk into the wall more than the others, would this have caused an issue?***

Please provide a step-by-step process of how the bug can be reproduced. The more details you provide us with the easier it will be for us to find and fix the bug:

1. I wasn’t doing anything at the time, not even sure if I was logged in

Check on the box for lootbag, and find the items that decayed corresponding to the time the boxes decayed, that should help you identify what you lost

The event log doesn’t show loot bag when a container looses stability. The contents aren’t logged.

1 Like

Is this a new thing? I remember from my early days on official when I would forget to refresh a decay timer it showed me a perfectly fine list of all the good stuff I forgot about… maybe they removed it to soften the blow​:rofl::rofl:

No, not new, it has been that way all year at least. Loot bag logs only show up if you drop something, not if the game drops something due to a purge / loss of stability.

As a followup to that. I created a demo ::
So here a box on a shelf:

I then remove the shelf under the box and the contents fall to the floor:

Here is the contents of the lootbag on the floor:

Here is the log showing the box loosing stability:

The bag is on the floor with the same contents as the box:

2 minutes after the lootbag has fully decayed, I delete the wall in front of me to create a new log entry:

Note that despite the fact that the box dropped its contents on the floor and a lootbag was created, the event log never showed the lootbag contents decaying.

1 Like

Thank you I was not even aware of that(although I knew about when the purge hit them), that is going to save me my next heart attack… from what I know there have been no changes to stability, but some things can sometimes lose stability with no real reason… or when they didnt before… was it around a server restart?

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.