A call to end land claim feature

We did human ladders pretty recently with no encumbrance related deaths. Got a lot of rage and tears for it but hey at least we didn’t use the flying weapons rack glitch. Honestly there should be siege ladders/platforms (though easy to destroy) that can be placed on enemy land claim. I say let people build big walls if they want to but equally allow anyone to build a ladder and climb right over it if not defended.

2 Likes

I have to begrudgingly agree. the problems you face in those modes, such as mass land claimers and walling off important areas, are part of the reality of the game and being able to smash them is just necessary. I tried PvE-conflict once and was just simply let down by the way people act when un checked.

So I’m still on your side!

1 Like

Didn’t Trump just face that same reality in the news lol?

1 Like

for rizzle?! that needs to be implemented!

2 Likes

You’re welcome to try. You can stand on any number of player but anticlimb will prevent you from getting over our walls. Ladders are a great idea however, the anticlimb should provide some defense against that.

I’d like to see battering rams.

2 Likes

PvP is a natural part of the survival genre. People crying about Conan pvp being “too toxic” should probably go play ark and see the nightmarish difference.

2 Likes

What makes the world hostile? The environment, npcs, animals, purges, sandstorms, poison gas, undead, etc. Also the need for food and water and shelter. These are the kind of things that the survival genre was built on. Not just beating each other over the head with a rock. Other players are nothing more than other players.

1 Like

Oh please. PvP is a toxic cesspool everywhere whether it’s in survival games or arenas or FPS. You want it, fine, you can have it. But there’s many, many more people who would rather not have to put up with it.

1 Like

And that’s fine if they want to play the pve version but the pvp game is gonna be toxic at times and full of little savages. A game set in a barbaric, savage atmosphere where killing, pillaging and taking slaves is the norm is going to attract those who whole heartedly abide by the law of the jungle. Conan pvp is about might making right not building Mr. Rodger’s neighborhood.

2 Likes

gaming is a waste of time, but we do it anyway :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Or squatted. :smiling_imp:

I already like this guy. :grinning: :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

I play pvp because I like the challenge in playing with other humans, and when I manage to kill my opponent, even being a griefer, usually use the bow animation. (this seems to piss even more those actually).

I feel your revolt against the online competitive environment, there are 70% toxic ppl, and 30% “normal” ppl, most of the 70% usually are kids, but I found some mature ppl to share the same sadness aswell.
There is room for both crowds, being a Conan Multplayer game, it is in fact surprising to have a PvE/Coop aspect, because lets face, Conan is a barbarian, “harsh and brutal world”, those things yell PVP! Dont’t get me wrong, I do a lot of PvE, being a confessor, more than PvP because PvP encounters for obvious reasons doesnt happen that much.

3 Likes

:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::crazy_face:

1 Like

Nope. He’s installing anticlimb T3

2 Likes

Against my better judgment, I’ll offer one final reply to this idiotic “PVP vs PVE” debate. And by “idiotic”, I don’t mean that any debate about PVP vs PVE is dumb; I mean that this specific discussion is immature and toxic. But more on that later.

PVP is a natural evolution of the survival aspect in a multiplayer game: the scarcity of resources and the hostile environment engender competition.

The key here is “scarcity of resources” and “hostile environment”. Those are the defining aspects of a survival game.

And guess what? Those aspects are PVE. PVP without PVE is simply not a survival game.

As for what makes a game toxic, it’s neither PVP nor PVE; it’s people who behave like jerks and think that makes them superior. I’m specifically talking about people who say things like this:

I understand that there are people with differing opinions. Hell, I understand that some of those opinions are extremes, such as “I think PVE as a mode shouldn’t exist in Conan Exiles”.

And that’s fine, everyone is entitled to having an opinion. Just learn to express it with a modicum of respect if you want to post “with the big boys” in the forums.

3 Likes

“Offence is in the eye of the beholder”

I’m in no way into the pve vs pvp debacle, I’m on with all you said and you are totaly right, but how people express it is interpretation, a piece of feces it’s feces whether you call it poop or shet (the work with the i doesn’t allow me to post lol). Let’s not be tought police here. :wink: like someone said “to be antisocial in a world of conformist is a virtue”.
You could have taken it with sarcasm, I understand some people might be offended but we’re still about a game, right? easy

And I really think @dniezby wanted to be a sarcastic smart ass, and not an offender.

2 Likes

There’s snark, there’s sarcasm, and then there’s immature posturing and hostility.

Look, it’s true that regardless of whether you call feces “poop” or “shit”, I wouldn’t want to eat it, but there’s a reason why there are different words for it. Like it or not, the society has certain notions about what’s respectful and what isn’t. Having a civil discussion is not conformism, it’s simply a way to communicate in a society. Being civil doesn’t mean you have to agree, it just means you can disagree politely.

But maybe it’s because I read “1984” at a young enough age to make a deep impact on me :wink:

2 Likes

You would need to be in game 24 hours a day 7 days a week. there is no time restriction on building.
and it only takes a fraction of a second to plop down foundations

I was on testlive in EA there was no raid time restriction, I fought constantly made bombs constantly.
it gets old, I took a year off because I was tired of pvping all the time.

Foundation/build spam is form of griefing, you’re mad because someone griefed you with it.
Land claim isn’t ideal, but removing land claim would not fix anything, it would only make griefing happen a different way

what would really make this game better is if more people played it like it WAS a game or something.
and acted maturly.

1 Like

A meme war uh? :smiley:

Also, my civilization might not be your civilization. But lets close it here and get back on topic :wink:

My wording might have been misinterpreted, what I meant is that people shouldn’t expect to find their base if they leave for many days, I sure don’t.

2 Likes