A few more free Recipes unlock automatically at start of game

Mason: All Apprentice Mason: This is T1. New player housing.

Boxmaker: Boxmaker. New player storage.

Peasant: Peasant. New player farming.

Thrall Taker: Thrall Taker and Apprentice Tamer. This allows new players to test the animals and thralls system. It gets out shine by the later tiers.

Cook: Primitive Cook. Level 3 cap is bs for a survival game. A starting cooking item is a basic need. New player cooking.

Armour: Armour. Base Light armour becomes useful. Below LV 10 is useful. Level 10 and above worthless. New player armor.

Warrior: Warrior

Defender: Defender

Bruiser: Bruiser

Skirmisher: Skirmisher

Archer: Archer

Reason For all these weapon recipes unlock automatically at start of Conan Exiles?

So players can test weapons. Also so New players aren’t defenseless from start of game.

Why not just lump some together so players that are not interested in some of the aspects can just skim over those and get the rest.

Hey. Stone and hide are not powerful. Give new players a chance.

Have you ever used base light armor and stone weapons? They’re new players and low level weapons and armor.

Did you forget about uncook food= Food Poison= Death.

By the time you reach Level 10 medium-Heavy Armor a must.

Its Bryan again!

Mason: All Apprentice Mason: This is T1. New player housing.

I would rather the building feats being grouped together in one feat and in exchange becoming more expensive to unlock. Could use a level requirement of 1, but should be unlocked using featpoints.

Boxmaker: Boxmaker. New player storage.

Could use a level requirement of 1, but should be unlocked using featpoints.

Peasant: Peasant. New player farming.

Could use a level requirement of 5 or 10, but should be unlocked using featpoints.

Thrall Taker: Thrall Taker and Apprentice Tamer. This allows new players to test the animals and thralls
system. It gets out shine by the later tiers.

No. This doesnt even deserve a reasoning.

Cook: Primitive Cook. Level 3 cap is bs for a survival game. A starting cooking item is a basic need. New player cooking.

Yes.

Armour: Armour. Base Light armour becomes useful. Below LV 10 is useful. Level 10 and above worthless. New player armor.

I dont agree basic exile armor being worthless above 10.
I run around in light armor or rather a combo of relic hunter and light armor at 60 all the time when I am not fighting with other players…
Should stay as it is, since lvl 10 is simply perfect.

Warrior: Warrior

Defender: Defender

Bruiser: Bruiser

Skirmisher: Skirmisher

Archer: Archer

A counter suggestion which I already left elsewhere:

Rework weaponry to apply to all tiers from iron on.
Iron would require handles crafted from raw hide and branches.
Steel would require handles crafted from thick raw hide and raw wood.
Hardened steel would require handles crafted from leather and shaped wood.
All higher weaponry would require handles crafted from thick leather and isolated wood.

Handles for highlevel weaponry of a certain kind would require all precious handles of that kind.
Same applies to bows of course!

On top of that, make obsidian deal damage like hardened steel, being handcrafted, from raw obsidian and branches. Or call those crude obsidian weaponry/tools.
People had been asking for some rebuilding weaponry+tools quite a while ago and suggested that to be obsidian.

2 Likes

I rather go with my idea. More free feats= Keep same Level Cap. Plus players don’t have to respect alot.

Low levels have zero armor.

The Feats I chose are auto taken anyway. Better free than force to take.

Less points used is a plus to me.

Devs we really need reactions like at discord. I would prefer to just attach some emote to a post instead of having to answer.

That being said…
:pensive::crazy_face::crazy_face::crazy_face:

1 Like

Following my idea makes this game less Ark.

New players should suffer than?

I rather arm every player with the knowledge to build base weapons and armors.

New players unlock boxes and campfires by the time they reach the beach.

If a new player stays on the beach, they’re fine, shalebacks are a small challenge to a new player until they figure out the mechanics and predictable attack patterns.

Once they figure that out, they’ll have almost unlimited meat to cook until they decide to venture further North.

You don’t need anything besides fiber clothing on the noob beach area, and you can get to light armor very quickly.

Just more of your ideas that are unnecessary and serve no purpose except waste dev hours.

4 Likes

Your fists are worthless against enemies.

Unlock weapons and armor helps fight shalebacks,crocodiles,NPC Exiles and other wild life. Let’s not forget about spiders.

It’s not a beach.

I ask that new players have a chance.

Also my idea opens up options for players to test weapons.

Making stronger teammates while reduction to points used for the basics.

Sorry Bryan but I agree that much is just not necessary. I would like to see a few things clumped together but mostly just some of the weapons in pairs like the 1h mace, 1h sword, and 1h axe of the same tiers. The awnings be paired with the roofing perks. But overall it’s TOO EASY just to use a yellow lotus down the road and making those mistakes on the way to that point is part of the adventure and learning experience.

2 Likes

It depends… I play 99% PVE, so most of these changes would ruin what I enjoy.

For me, I would say, Lv3 or 5 you get Tents, Move sandstone up a few levels. (making tent with sticks and fiber seems newbie to me. XD

Bag < Box < Large Chest, Cupboard < Vault (bag would be a item just like 15 storage box, but lv1, and lockable (cause video games!)

This way you can slap tent down, (sticks and fiber) campfire, bag and bed roll and go about land exploring till lv10-15 and can find a house location. (all can be picked up and moved, which is key)

Your kinda forced to push for a house really soon in CE, cause of massive rock/wood sync. I think pushing player to explore early would be better.

PVP wise, ya your really screwed no matter what, even if you had 2hand weapon at lv3, your screwed? And you dont have much anyway…

I do kinda agree “first” weapon unlocks should be lumped tougher under “stone tools & weapons”
Give player alot of options to try them all out at lv2. (since all not hard to make)

Cooking? Lv3 is fine, You basically should be following journal steps and be lv4-5 outta desert. Idea is not to slam “new” player with 30+ icons in crafting menu. XD

Light armor? I wear this till lv60… I keep few med/heavy for boss fights. Light armor has perks, and works fine. (fashion FTW!)

Thralls should be later, You need to “survive” before you start worrying about thralls and pets.

I get some of changes you want, more apply to “Vet” player who knows ropes. But new player might not feel same in a game that doesnt hand you info.

Nice idea!
T1 could be moved up to lvl 10 that way and actually gives tents a purpose.
However, then the devs might need to review them tents as some players have told about them often not being placable.

Ya, I have this issue alot, Sometimes it can be placed 100% of time, other times, 99% chance it wont work inless I place over foundations. (even flat land with nothing on it doesnt work)

They use to work fine, but one of patches to stop players from using them on world bosses, killed them.

Are you a solo player?

Force team play is bs.

I play offline single Player.

My idea helps everyone.

1 Like

The game right now is awful for role players.

T1 is basic.

The base light armor is ugly. I’m not saying all light armors are ugly.

Cooking auto unlock since this is a survival game. Noobs healing is by basic cooked meat.

The whole point in all weapon stone unlock is a start of Which weapon to choose.

Then follow the path you want to take.

My idea saves the player 36 Knowledge Points. More points are always useful.

I play PvP and no I don’t think your doing this for the good of others if you play OFFLINE SINGLE PLAYER your own experience leads you to believe this for the best. Several players both PvE and PvP and even a rp player says no to it. I think some of the feats should be lumped because it makes sense and even moving tents to be unlocked for respective tier buildings. But all of this for 36 points you can respec… Lazy and selfish.

Ha!

You PVP players already nerf the Conan out of this game.

PVP players know nothing about PVE problems.

Healing potions,Yellow Lotus Potion,Swords and etc all nerf because of PVP balance.

1 Like

Look don’t lump me in with the rest of them I’m here for discussion not demands… I even made a suggestion for combining a few feats still freeing some points. And for a single player you know nothing of the rest of the game. PvP, PvE(-c), and Rp will be affected just for your demands so do remember that before you suggest things for the masses without actually interacting with any of them in the game.

My ideas helps all.

36 points saved is a good thing.

Free knowledge is always welcome.

Bryan no one wants this idea of yours… Compromise it’s how the community of players make the game better. I play PvP but I hate seeing things changed to benefit one mode or player/playstyle more than anything else.