A Humble Request For Kate 'Nitecat'

Greetings fellow Exiles.

Most who browse the forums here would have noticed the touching and heartfelt ‘Farewell Kate: Always on our hearts’ thread, started by our own Stelagel. As those of us who have already stopped in to offer our warm sympathies and messages of kindness and support know, Kate known by many as ‘Nitecat’ here on the forum, and much loved wife of @sestus2009 sadly passed away on 12th of October 2023. Although Kate’s passing was sudden and unexpected, she passed away peacefully in the couples love chair, at home with their treasured cats and dogs. It is wonderful to see how readily the community has rallied in support of sestus2009, who has informed me that he has drawn comfort from this wonderful community in these trying times for him.

The purpose of this thread is as follows. Sestus2009 has been a dear friend of mine here on the forum for years, and we have shared many pleasant conversations in PMs and on the Playstation network. Myself, Stelagel and a small handful of his close and trusted friends here on the forum had discussed the idea of making a polite request for a subtle in-game memorial, or tribute to Nitecat. If there was one thing in this world which Kate loved and cherished, it was her four cats and her two dogs. As such a dedicated and compassionate lover of cats, it was suggested to Sestus2009 that we could request a unique, named Pet Cat, possibly at the bar at Sepermeru, as a tribute to Kate. The idea was put to Sestus2009 and his response to us was:

“I feel a cat in the bar might be doable and have the best chance of happening . I would support that :100: percent”

So Sestus2009 has personally okayed this, and myself and Stelagel have decided to step forward and advocate this. Therefore, myself, Stelagel, and all of those dearest to Sestus2009, would like to humbly request the good staff and developers at Funcom to please… :heart: :pray: :heart:

Add a unique named pet cat to Conan Exiles, preferably to the bar at Sepermeru.

@Community @CustomerService please consider this request.

50 Likes

@stelagel you were also instrumental in this work, please come join us (I could only utilise 3 tags in the OP).

16 Likes

I 100% fully support this!

15 Likes

:100:

12 Likes

I thank everyone who is involved or will be.

21 Likes

This! This I can support whole heartedly. 100% agree - Funcom, make it happen!!!

R.I.P. Nitecat and stay strong Sestus2009.

10 Likes

I’m fully on board with this idea. Funcom would earn a lot of brownie points with me if this really happens.

11 Likes

100% Here for it.

I’m not on PlayStation, but @sestus2009 you’re generally a very sweet individual and deserve whatever sort of comfort you can have at this time.

I’m very sorry for your loss.

11 Likes

With all my heart I join this request.

Although I never had the opportunity to play with kate and sestus together on a server I know how much they both love the game and how supportive sestus is in this community and the forum.

This game is in our hearts and it is part of our daily lives. It has brought many of us together to become real life friends and even couples. Not much games ever have provided such a wonderfull community. Allthough often it doesn´t seems that way a lot of us can´t let go of this game and this community.

I myself have met the love of my life in this game and we are together for 6 years now and we keep our journey going. I can´t imagine us to be alone anymore.

Losing someone you love and have spend so many years together with is incredible heartbreaking and painfull. I wish I could take a part of sestus pain away but saddly I can´t.

A cat pet named after his wife would be a nice gesture of Funcom to keep the memory of Kate in this community alive. Lets give sestus some love and a reason to look forward in his life.

11 Likes

I’m really sorry, my condolences, my friend

11 Likes

I support this request.
I hope that the forum administrators will forward our request to the developers.
Our invaluable friend Sestus2009 fully deserves our support and homage for his loving wife who unfortunately is no longer with us.

11 Likes

Yup… this was originally my idea, so yeah, I’m definitely in support of this. Maybe on the bar or something… even just outside on a table would be sufficient. Anything they’re willing to do would be nice. :+1:

11 Likes

9 Likes

And a Very good idea it is.

10 Likes

To think you found the love of your life​:heart: in this game is incredible :clap: .

9 Likes

I am all for it. Please let there be a special Nite Cat to roam the Exiled Lands! Maybe even at night. :heart_eyes_cat:

12 Likes

Such a wonderful idea! I’d love to see this. :heart:

11 Likes

I will start by thanking @jmk1999. His idea was the one that was most beloved by Keith! As i said many times memorials are for the living, we need them to remember the ones we lost.
My dearest Funcom any decision you make, whatever you decide will give us joy nonetheless.
Thank you!

For Kate, never forgotten :metal:

For @Community
:heart:

11 Likes

Please Funcom fulfill this wish.

9 Likes

I fully support this.

Though I think would be much more awesome if they made it a ghost cat that only appears while the flowers at Emi’s Cradle are touched by moonlight. Making for a more magical and emotional spectacle that players will go out of their way to witness for decades to come.

11 Likes