A Plea to the Development Team Regarding the Upcoming Patch

So does this effect any other building pieces, or just fences specifically?

Yeah, its structures with building pieces inside other building pieces space, if your building is just under the mesh it should still be fine.

orbs

1 Like

Yes, but what about someone new to the server. A majority of servers already have the truly raised ares built on by refresher clans.
I could blow those up, but you know my ground base keeps getting hit by thier friends to prevent that.
Endless cycle.
Sieging needs revamped. I have ideas i will post in suggestions soon. And it doesnā€™t involve nerfing or buffing of bombs or doors tbh.

1 Like

Adapt and overcome marine

4 Likes

This is less about the fence stacking as a performance issue and more about the fence stacking allowing people to create crash boxes and crash servers over and over. Lets call a spade a spade. this issue has gotten much worse recently and credit to Funcom in fixing the issue. Now i know exploiters will find other ways, but I think this will help with the current known issue.

3 Likes

Hi,

I think it is safe to assume that it is part of the goal pursued here.

Fence fondation stacking was never intended. The intended amount of explosive jars needed to breach a fortification is the amount needed to breach a ā€˜legitā€™ fortification.

This patch will have that intended amount of explosives actually be met in game.

Though ā€¦ iā€™m pretty sure you can go for a fortification requiring more than 30-40 explosive jars with the ā€˜legitā€™ way. Just in a much less compact/conveniant way than the fence stacking exploit enables.

Regards,

Otter.

So this patch wont effect stacked chests or chests on stations?

No, it wont affect stacked chests. Unless they are above an overlapping foundation, then they might go bye bye.

Theyā€™re removing CROSS stacking. Thatā€™s not what it was supposed to do. You shouldnā€™t be able to place a foundation THROUGH a solid foundation. Wrapping it, thatā€™s fine. However, THROUGH the foundations is IMHO, an exploit.

Must be a PC thing. Havenā€™t had a problem on PS4 with ANY of these things you mentioned.

Um, theyā€™re giving everyone notice to make the fixes. Weā€™ve already removed all of our cross-sectioned pieces. Guess weā€™ll find out if we missed anything. You donā€™t have to replace, you just need to remove the crossed sections THROUGH foundations.

According to the patch notes it is ONLY the pieces that are cross sectioned. Putting a fence foundation on the face of your foundation will not be affected.

Example, if you place a foundation, you can still place fence foundation AROUND the foundation but not THROUGH the foundation.

1 Like

ŠæŠ¾Š»Š½Š¾ŃŃ‚ŃŒŃŽ с тŠ¾Š±Š¾Š¹ сŠ¾Š³Š»Š°ŃŠµŠ½ Š±Ń€Š°Ń‚

Iā€™m pretty sure I wont be affected. I have not uses fence foundations in my current build. I generally only used them to build foundations in the first place.

But I cant help but worry that my house is going to suffer for some reason. Im wondering if I shoud pack up my stuff and move them to crates or something.

I guess what I am saying is that this is all very vague. While I believe I should be fine. Part of me is worried about my accomplishments.

Itā€™s not a nice feeling.

That being said. With the performance related issues I have been experiencing I can only say that if it fixes the issue then I am all for it.

Juat hope I am home for it when this goes down. If I lose named thralls or stations I would be upset

My concern is that on our server it appears they did a test. We had bases linked together and we lost one entire base all the way up to where we had another section overlapped. This is a official server also. The base had no overlapping sections in it just the path that joined with another base.

If that happens we may lose 2 years worth of building all over. So they need to be very specific on what all is going to be affected. This base didnā€™t just decay out. I was there hours earlier. I also find it funny that the official announcement for this came up 24 hours later.

I have seen nobody else post about this happening on their server so it leads me to believe we where the test dummies. So if what happens to us happens to everybody. There is going to be lots of pissed off people on this game.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.