A "Purge me now" button for those at 100% Purge meter for days and those with plans in RL in the evening

Yeah I’d take that. It’d actually free the backlog for people who DO have time to come online, ergo working like a “purge-me-now lite”.

Like… offline purges should still happen so people put value on thrall defense (even though they currently don’t work, and melee thralls can get boss-mob griefed), but people online should get purge priority.

1 Like

With no offline purges you can simply cheese out of any purge by avoiding the 18-22 window.

Agreed.

2 Likes

If “purge me now” is too much, why not simply inform the clan of a specific date / hour when the purge meter hits 100% :

“Purge will happen Saturday 07/28, deal with it”

2 Likes

By contrast i love the purge and would never cheese out of it. In fact I wish they would happen every time I’m on line. They are fun.
But I do have 3 kids that need some attention at night. Then there’s the kids soccer training, housework, my job, my wife’s job and the list goes on…

The purge is a way better mechanic than just cleaning up undefended bases.

There have been at least 50 purges on our official server, about 5 clans have got to experience it. Many of the others have left because they have nothing left.

What a waste.

1 Like

I play on a PVE server. I have been hit with a purge twice so far. Once while I was online and then less then a week later while I was offline. I was playing solo at the time so I didn’t really care. Now I have a few active players who I lured to the game and it’s been a few weeks at least at max purge with nothing happening.

I’ve talked to some of the other big clans on the server and no purges seem to have happened in a while. A better system is indeed needed. An early notification would be nice. I get it though, hardcore survival.

At this time, I do not believe Purges work or have their effect as intended. The “Purge Me Now” would be nice or perhaps allow a single player or clan leader to submit a request for when a purge might happen.

The submit idea could have a grey area time frame like weekdays or weekends or whatever they feel works best for the community. This would be a quality of life improvement in my opinion.

1 Like

Yeah purges definitely don’t work as intended.

On large servers I’d be surprised if anyone ever sees one. I have a hunch the purges per day server settings goes through the entire server character list (as in anyone that’s ever connected and made a character) to check for eligible purge targets but likely gets hung up somewhere. On a 10 man private server having the setting at 24 purges per day with less than 20 total characters made I’d imagine we’d have a guaranteed purge every couple days, but we’d go weeks without having any.

There’s too many variables that cause it to behave differently, and I don’t really see the value of having different enemies come based off of where you built your base. IMO it should just go off of player level to gauge difficulty, I’d be able to live with frost giants coming into the desert if it would at least trigger right.

1 Like

I like the sound of a purge me now button. But there is a potentially big problem with this, what would stop me from calling on a purge and then kiting them over to my neighbors base that I want to destroy. Some players would mine npcs to fill the purge meter and attack neighbors daily. As much as I like it this, I think it would be used to troll more then for gameplay

I played this game for 250 hours and havent had one purge yet. I heard that there are named thralls that you can only get through purges so I got myself ready to knock em out and catch them but no one purges me yet. I even cranked up the purge settings to 11 and still nothing.

1 Like

If you have more than one base ( which you probably do, on official servers, when being a serious player, wanting to catch armorers and named mobs from various locations) you can’t always choose which base a purge attacks.

If the purge always attacks the same base, then what stops one from building a “purge base” next to one’s targeted victim and just using a “naturally occurring purge” to purge said victim?

What stops you from walling in your victim in a membrane of carigulated walls, so he can’t climb in/out of his base?

1 Like

For me I don’t do those thing because I believe in “fair play” but as we know online games can attract very toxic people

Ergo I don’t think a “purge me now” button can be anymore weaponizable than spiked walls can be.
It’s impractical, compared to just enveloping a foe in a blockade.

Infact, a purge-me-now button is helpful to the person being walled in.

1 Like

Tru it could be a walled in persons friend, I honestly never thought of it that sense

Yes, I think this is needed, especially on PS4 – it looks like PC version is supposed to have an admin panel optio to trigger purges – I have no idea if it works though. If it works, we need that on all platforms!

1 Like

This is my proposed solution to this kind of problem, as I posted it on another thread, I’ll quote it here:

IMO, that would solve your issue too… since you won’t be purged while offline, unless your off the game for an extended period of time.

Parameters need to be configurable of course, in that way, you can setup a more hardcore mode where the offline purge can target offline players too, if the server owner wants it.

2 Likes

Perhaps a “Purge me now” button causes the purge to happen at some random point within the next 24 hours of being pushed… Could be within the next two hours, or it could be within the final hour of the triggered purge… Keep the uncertainty of the exact time, but have it done in such a way that you have a general idea of when it will hit you within the allotted time window…

1 Like

I’d agree with your suggestion Leeux, except for:

Decay on official PvE servers are capped at 140 hours by default ( less than 6 days)… That’s not even a full week. Decay makes for an exceedingly potent purge.

As Minnion suggested though:

I’d like to think it might have advantages on the technical side on the server load as well, if a player triggers a purge outside of prime time.
But it shouldn’t be " in the next 24 hours" for that will defeat the purpose of needing the button to begin with. One wants to get a purge out of the way in order to free up the evening. It’s a QoL & scheduling tool, which respects the time of the user who plays PvE. I think within a 4 hours window is reasonable, considering how
“natural” purges happen between 18:00 and 22:00 ( 6PM - 10PM for American civilians US Servers local)
So purge-me-now button can qeue up a purge for the next 4 hours… outside of prime time.

2 Likes

I’d be happy for purges to happen 24 hours a day, providing that the purge attacks someone who is online.

As far as server clean up goes, maybe offline purging could work on only those players that log on for 10 - 20 minutes to refresh their timers then log off.

Yeah, good point. But, those parameters (1 month etc) should be configurable… you can totally make offline purges only target clans that haven’t connected for ~2 days or so and that would work.

The main point of that writing was that if the recount of clans to purge includes the offline ones, the actual active players will have a infinitesimal chance of getting purged when they have the chance… I think that’s a weakness of the system as it’s setup atm.

2 Likes

You definitely nailed the Issue there.

Also, I think offline purges should be non-humanoid only, and online purges should be humanoid purges.
It feels better that way.

I’d hate to have humanoid purges offline, then have to deal with non-humanoid purges online. That’s a waste.

Or, at the very least make it a server-wide announcement that a particular base is being offline purged so people can at least take advantage of that “event”.

3 Likes