A Simple Question That May Get Ugly

I run a small pve-c server designed around a story-driven rpg. I’m simply looking for suggestions for additional mods to add to the server. Looking to implement a good economy system right now so that’s at the top of my list. Otherwise, I’m partial to building custom quests and the like. I’m also interested in making video clips from the game.

It dawns on me that perhaps a list of what I currently have may help.

• Pippi
  • Emberlight
  • Sexiles
  • Dark Desires
  • IMMERSE (fright night and rp placeables decor)
  • DungeonMasterTools
  • Fashionist
  • Gardener
  • Seed Table

Pippi is the best Economy mod I’ve ever run across.
If you let your players have access to thespians they can make their own vendors to sell surplus items.

WYSIWYG Wheel of Pain is the only addition I would make.

2 Likes

Pippi is hands down the best mod for conan, you can pretty much have a degree in pippi with the amount of funcions and depth you can go with mushi editor.

Should be in every private server :slight_smile:

3 Likes

…that wasn’t so ugly…

1 Like

Agreed, Pippi has to be the best thing I added. The thespians + Mushi just make your options almost unlimited. As far as economy, I think I meant more coin exchanging kind of thing. Like actually setting a rate, i.e., 1 gold = X silver, etc.

The default conversion rate in Pippi is 100 bronze = 1 silver, and 100 silver = 1 gold.

I’m still wondering why this thread should get ugly though… :stuck_out_tongue:

That was exactly my thought on the exchange rate, guess I just couldn’t figure out where to see that. No matter, I shall keep digging.

As far as the ugly…1) Title gets attention (I won’t lie) 2) I’ve tried some mods that had ugly results to my server and 3) I over-anticipated a back and forth of sorts, such as, ‘that mod sux, this one is better’, etc.

One thing I always think about when my thoughts turn to trying to set up a roleplay server is maximizing character customization options so players don’t get stuck looking too similar to each other, so to that end I’m gonna throw these out here:

RA: Character Customisation
Akuba’s Salon
Barbarian Barber

These three add in a boatload of new makeup and hairstyle options for characters, and RA even has plans to add new face options in the future as well. Plus they all work together, as long as they’re enabled in the right order (Barber, Akuba, then RA).

The other big thing I’d look for in an RP server is clothing and accessory options, which I think are nicely covered by the Immersive Armor and Accessory Wardrobe mods.

There’s also some other cool armor mods and some really nice building sets out there, but I don’t wanna just dump my entire modlist in here.

I’d prefer Emberlight, not Gardener & Seedtable. I love their Horticulture and Homesteading.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.