Age of Conan Roleplay

Hey, was wondering if anyone still RPed in this game, if there are RP guilds or RP in general, it would seem I am missing it.

There’s House Jade Asp, House Merano that are rp guilds. Then some smaller ones like Serpents Ascendant, The Amazons, Too Hot Too Handle, and Fallen Angels of Derketo. Dunno how active they are though and the smaller ones take in non rpers too.

Oh. There’s also The Crimson Veil and Red Lotus. Dunno about how active either are though.

www.aocrpcommunity.shivtr.com is largely where you’ll find the most of the active rpers.

HJA accepts non-rpers too, but I wouldn’t recommend joining them unless you don’t want to do raids and dungeons in-guild.

If you dont find a guild you want to stick with by the end of Saga event, shoot me a PM.

You would need to be willing to be in a new AoC guild just starting out (but old guild that moves between games) and not doing a goofy mad dash to a T3 city and 20 renown as well as take part in the guild RP “story” in some way. Currently the RP guild stands at 31 people from previous games, chances are high it will top 45-50 before the end of Saga. It is being propped up by a 43 member PvE guild that should be higher by end of Saga also. We have 2 cities already reserved in the same instance on Crom.

And the newest addition to the AoC RP scene:

The Watchtower of Kastria

I like RP’ing but im stuck on fury :frowning:

Where were you for Saga Server? All those characters ended up on Crom.

Saga servers are the death null of AoC .

A question on RP…why only serpents head inn for roleplay? Are there other areas for open rping? And if not, is there interest? Realizing it’s a small base, but maybe we could do a meet and greet in OT or somewhere else for all interested whether in an rp guild or not. Let’s build the community :grinning:

It’s not so much that the Serpents Head inn is the ONLY place for RP, it’s just that most games have 1 or 2 spots for open RP that everyone knows about; like in LotRO it’s the Prancing Pony in Bree. This just makes it easier for those that go looking for others to RP with have a good chance at finding someone.

The various guilds RP throughout the game and I’ve seen it in Tortage, the shrine by the water outside the SHI etc… Scheduled or planned RP could be anywhere, it’s just that they needed a place where you could go and hope to find some, instead of wandering all over.

If you google AoC Roleplaying you should find the main RP site for AoC. I know in the past they’ve done horse racing at the OT track.

Sorry if it’s bad to raise this thread from the dead. Was exploring the forum. I wanted to say I liked this info and wanted to memorize for when/if I ever join a guild. I’m not sure how much crazy they are in the RP department:

- Saranka, quickly! Cut this scoundrel’s tongue for conspurcating the princess honor!
- What do you mean? You want me to use the ‘Silence’ combo?
(banned)

And there’s also that old funny Machinima on Youtube. But they always seemed more friendly and cooperative to eternal noobs like me in other games. Of course, that is, if they are of the casual type.

But what spiked my interest was the Old Tarantia track races’ reference. They always seemed to be an interesting concept. Not only for RP. I’m thinking Ben-Hur here. I always though Funcom would do some events with them, and giving rewards for them, but it seemed that it never lifted off the ground.

Don’t now really why I’m bringing this (bored, I guess), but doesn’t anyone have any thoughts/knowledge/ideas about it? Just curious.

Some Conan roleplay i found.