Agent Access Crash to Desktop

Crashed as soon as I pressed p after logging in. This is the FIRST time that this has caused a crash to desktop for me so you’ve actually broken it further instead of fixing it :frowning:

Same, I didn’t crash to UI before the patch, now I has 3 crashes (so far). Good job…

We should stress that the fixes will help some, but not all players experiencing crashes. This is an ongoing effort and we’ll continue making improvements.

1 Like

I actually signed up for the forums just so I could ask for info about this bug. I’ve been having this crashing issue for the past week. Every day, I’ve logged in and attempted to use the system, only to have it instantly crash and shut down when I push P or touch the Agent System icon. I tend to wait and bit, load up the game and try again, but then it crashes once more. At this point, I believe I’ve logged in about five or six times throughout the day, only to have it crash. I’m honestly just trying to send my Agents on missions real quick, so I can take advantage/have missions running in the time offline (I don’t really have time to play the game for hours on end like I used to). The fact that this bug interferes with a system that’s meant to be activated and left to run in your downtime is rather frustrating.

There are some days where I finally manage to get it to work, but that’s only after many attempts met with failure. I know that you’re working towards attempting to fix the issue, but I just wanted to report my problems as well. I’ve tried some of the recommended fixes, but they don’t seem to help. I was just wondering how much progress has been made on correcting these issues, and if there was something I could do on my end to try and work around it. Any information would be appreciated.

We are acutely aware of the issue and are working on solutions. It’s hard to say if/when we’ll be able to get every cause of the issue due to the variance in user setups (both in terms of the client & their PC). We ran a test with an experimental candidate and didn’t get a single crash in an hour of rapidly opening/closing the window so we’re hopeful on the progress. Thanks for your patience.

1 Like

Just popping in here to say - I’m having the same issue. I think (anecdotally) that it’s worse if I try to open it soon after I log in, and better if I’ve been playing for a while.

Ive actually noticed the exact same thing. If I wait a bit after logging in and walk around, maybe do a mission or 2 before opening it it seems to help a lot.

And this is after today’s patch?

Yup, just happened to me. Build 585253. Logged in, clicked agent icon in top bar. Boom.

Windows Info:
Fault bucket 1714989428209575744, type 1
Event Name: APPCRASH
Response: Not available
Cab Id: 0

Problem signature:
P1: SecretWorldLegendsDX11.exe
P2: 1.0.0.0
P3: 5aa16541
P4: SecretWorldLegendsDX11.exe
P5: 1.0.0.0
P6: 5aa16541
P7: c0000005
P8: 00e46b95
P9: 
P10:

Well, this was interesting just now. The agent interface opened just fine.

Trying to accept the completed mission, though? Boom, CTD.

These issues are definitely back for me.

Since yesterday, I’m consistently experiencing client crashes whenever opening the agent interface is the first thing I do after login.

I have yet to crash when I open and close anything else (journal, inventory, RF, wwhatever) first.

Problem still seems to persist. My quick fix for it was something mentioned in this thread of hiding the interface with Ctrl+Z and then clicking P to open the agent window and then showing the interface again. It works I would say 99% of the time. I will continue testing to see if there are any other fixes I can find.

1 Like

Problems still going strong today.

And I finally got a crash even despite having opened other interfaces first, so from my perspective, it’s technically getting worse.

Hmm, unfortunate. Please make sure you’re submitting crash reports and that you’re commenting on the crash. Something specific like “Crashed when using Agent UI, filling out per Andy’s forum post on 3/15” can help so we can search for your specific crash report easily. Thanks, and sorry to hear you’re still having problems.

1 Like

Aight, will do.
(Well, technically, I hope I won’t because the problem just goes away.)

1 Like

Well yeah, ideally you won’t have to submit a crash report, but hey. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Well, I can’t seem to crash today. Weird. There wasn’t any patch on Tuesday, there wasn’t one today, so I am at a complete loss why the agent UI was madly crashy for two days.

Knock on wood the problem stays gone for me and everyone else, then.

1 Like

Logged in today and did not crash upon opening the Agent screen. Not sure what ya’ll did, but it seems to be working properly now.

I just wanted to note, I haven’t had the Agent UI CTD happen for awhile now, cool.
(of course, now it’ll happen the next time I load up the game)