Agent Not Leveling Up (Exp Not Applying)

I relogged twice, and am still the same level after two mission on both agents. Feel free to request my IGN to verify it internally.

Please note two things. First, they say Mission Complete, not MIssion Successful. If these are, in fact, failures, why does the text indicate otherwise? Second, if they are indeed failures and we get nothing for failure after hours of waiting, that is just rather distasteful to put it politely.

Yes, its passive no effort work, but its still time wasted, half exp maybe? Some indication its actually a failure definitely. I would not like to see “Success!” or “Excellent Work!” when its … not.

Even when a mission explicitly states it failed (the mission text itself will say it failed; both of yours pictured are successes, though I guess not successful enough to get a green mission success?) you’ll still get something from it. I just finished one that failed and I still got “You received 1 Assets.” in my loot.

Congrats but unrelated, I haven’t crashed at all upon opening the Agent window and I’ve done 3 missions in a row on two agents, 8h, 4h, 1h and got zero experience from any of them.

At least two were 100% success missions so how the frak did I fail those?

Yes, exactly, succeed or fail we get the loot rewards, yippee I guess? Except did I fail? Mission completed, text supports success, and yet no experience? Even when I fail something IRL I frakking learn something from the failure.

When I make a peanut butter sandwich but rip the bread, do I A) get a perfect sandwich anyway yet have no recollection on how to spread peanut butter properly or B) do I discard the destroyed sandwich and learn not to apply as much pressure?

Failures are learning experiences too. I would think of anyone Funcom would know that.

The lack of XP has been reported as a bug, and Andy said upthread he’s sent it for review. No need to justify why a bug is a bug!

Anyway, you don’t get all the possible rewards for a failure. Just some. And some includes some XP. Provided it’s not bugging on you.

Mostly because you mentioned gaining assets on a failed mission. Not clear on how an agent can recover, discover, steal or otherwise gain assets, intel or whatever if the mission is a failure. Experience, though, should be gained regardless.

Also because there is a conflict in this thread where A) Andy thought it was a visual only bug and relogging fixes it, and B) that no experience gained is associated with the crash bug when pressing P. They aren’t.

This is where that “agents can’t fail” decision comes back to bite them. “Mission Completed” is the (not a) “failure” text, and your agent response and report are incorrect for that, indicating you’ve fallen prey to whatever bug results in there being no xp. You should only see a positive debriefing and agent statement from a “Mission Successful” or “Outstanding Success” result.

Is good to confirm that the one instance I had without a crash wasn’t an entirely isolated affair though.

2 Likes

I thought I was clear about that but maybe not. Crashing is just the most common reason you would open the ui while a mission is finished, and then not click ‘accept rewards’ on the mission, the actual source is that you didn’t accept it right when you got it. I don’t know if closing it is the only way to trigger this though, just a certain one.

Closing it isn’t certain either. I tried that later and couldn’t get it to reproduce.

I can confirm it is not. I did a 15 minute mission earlier and left the window open from start to finish, accepted it immediately upon completion. No experience gained. It was actually a success too though I did not think (why should I have to?) to snag a screenshot that time. Now I guess I am going to screenshot prior to every mission being claimed.

Confirming that Agents not receiving XP at other times than just when it crashes, as I have completed several missions, where the mission dialog shows for instance that turning in the mission would take me to mid-level 7, then I turn it in, my agent stays at early level 6.

For the crashing problem, this has worked for the past 2 days:
-Log in, move to face a wall so very little scenery in front of me. Hit Ctrl-Z to turn off UI. Hit P. Ctrl-Z to turn UI back on and my Agent window is open, no crash.

For the experience problem, this has worked currently for 9 mission turn-ins:
-Click on the Agent head icon first (since I only have the recruit, it is always the agent who has a mission complete). Then click the mission button, then hit Accept. This has netted proper XP in each case.

It may work to click on the mission, then open the Agent, I haven’t tried that. Will report back if any changes to this system show up.

Saw agent not gaining XP several times. Example today in left side i saw lvl12 and half xp bar. In right agent list she was showed with level 10. After accepting reward, I got the reward/bonus item but no XP gained. Still level 10

We’ve identified an issue that is causing Agents to not gain XP after completing a mission. Basically, don’t change zones in the time between your agent completing a mission and when you accept the rewards.

Unfortunately, the related CTD on opening the Agent menu is a cause of the issue, but at least we have a handle on the XP issue itself. We’re testing some potential solutions to the Agent UI crash and had promising test results over the weekend, so hopefully we’ll be able to get something out early this week.

4 Likes