Aloe potion healing is bad for the game

Please, for the love of Mitra, tell me this is tongue-in-cheek and I was just too dumb to get it.

For those of us who don’t regard Conan Exiles as a competitive PVP game, that would be one of the worst things they could do. Could we please be allowed to enjoy the building, the exploration, what little survival there is, the RP for those who are into it, and in general the non-combat gameplay without imposing yet another chore on us?

I really don’t want to have to have to constantly fiddle with my inventory while I’m farming or thralling or building just because people here can never adapt to combat changes without asking for more ways to make PVE less enjoyable.

5 Likes

As a pvper, I have to come to the conclusion that this not intended to be a competitive pvp game. It is more an add on, and the dev road the game has traveled over its life seems to suggest it is not. So 100% understand why we can carry 200 inventory slots.

3 Likes

Someone actually managed to get an older verion of Conan to work. (PC only)

1 Like

Agreed. It’s just like Warhammer: there are all these competitive people trying to make it into serious business, but the product is designed by people whose main goal is to make a fun game that immerses you in the setting and makes you want to buy models. They’ve shown for decades now that they barely care about competitive balance yet people still try to fit the square peg in the round hole.

This is a similar situation imo. I’m also a PvPer. I often feel that people who want to make CE a balanced competitive PvP game are just people who really like the idea of being a PvP champ but suck at Street Fighter :rofl:

1 Like

I would be highly intrested in seeing suggestions on how it could improve since its always impossible to ask for revert changes, sadly.

Lets be creative, Exiles.

Depends on the change. They’re definitely not going to revert a whole new mechanic. But they can tweak it or undo tweaks.

Two examples:

1. When the momentum-based movement was first implemented, I couldn’t even steer my character through up the stairs and through the door in my base without hitting the door frame half the time. The majority of people on the forums were extremely dissatisfied and very vocal about it. They dialed the effect down to what we see today.
  2. Potion healing has been constantly criticized for how vulnerable the player is during the quaffing animation. As a result, they shortened the effect delay from 1.5 seconds to 0.8 seconds. Which brings us to where we are now :stuck_out_tongue:

If people keep up with the feedback, maybe they’ll find a happy middle value. Or maybe they’ll even go back to 1.5 and increase the movement speed like we’ve been asking :smiley:

1 Like

I wish they would just decide one way or the other than stick to their guns.

You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can 't please all of the people all of the time”

2 Likes

I understand the sentiment, but I would rather they keep tweaking and fine-tuning their existing systems than leave them in a state where people keep complaining until they implement a new system that might end up being even worse for people who didn’t complain in the first place :smiley:

2 Likes

My point exactly.

I just see alot of people on many thread busy down talking & give non constructive or innovative ideas to how the drink animation could be better.

Which is why i say; there should be more like you :sunglasses::+1:

Sort of like fishtraps? Who saw that one coming? FC - "This fishtrap thing is working great, nobody is complaining, lets fix it. " And do not placate me with the server performance thing, as now every fishtrap has a compost box next to it. Pure genius. . .

3 Likes

The god of truth!

I have to ask, even tho im not sure you are the right to ask, but which is the most common on pve servers?

Fight bosses with or without thralls? In pve content.

1 Like

You are probably correct in that I am not the best person to ask PowerCandy. The reason being that I am an Offline Singleplayer myself. I personally do not use followers very often, as it is my belief that a good Crom devotee should not rely on others to deliver victory for them. When I do use a follower it most often my Tiger for some RP value, and because I like cats.

But my personal preference aside, what matters to me is that we have the agency to choose for ourselves how we play. To me its the same principle as the followers on Skyrim; if you like to use followers then use them, if you prefer not to then leave them at home. There is no right or wrong way to have fun playing a game.

4 Likes

Epic respons, i also only ment to ask because im trying to isolate the actual diffrence between pve & pvp players other than pvp players like to poke players & pve players like to poke npcs.

Now in regards of this topic maybe someone would argue, but i start to get the impression that some pve players like the content for the mechanics in pve fights, without a thrall, because they have time for it & like the challenge, where as in pvp, players tend to just bring the thrall & together slay the monster/boss fast, gather the mats & go home.

Im on a quest to ‘help’ solve the many pve & pvp issues there is, so that we dont see some of these core huge imbalancrs from both parties, to also maybe suggest funcom for future updates to make sure that pvp & pve updates are done diffrently.

Thank u for the respons Croms_Faithful

1 Like

Boom.
Well said.

4 Likes

Please no. With how laggy and the hit boxes suck we need all the help we can get.

Yes you are right. Aloe has rendered every other potion negated. If Aloe heals poison and bleed, then why would I use Set antidote or wraps?

Let each item have a role to play. Wraps for bleed, Set for poison, violet curative for headaches and drunkenness etc.

Incorrect. Griefing is a wrong way to have fun playing a game and is usually punished by game devs and communities.

1 Like

Set antidote is like ambrosia, it’s a religious item and Funcom’s stance seems to be “those should be optional”. I don’t necessarily agree with that, but they’re the one calling the shots :wink:

Wraps, on the other hand, have their specific use that is well justified regardless of whether aloe heals poison or bleed.

‘Griefing’ isn’t a way to play the game, it’s an inappropriate action that a person takes making others feel uncomfortable. :wink:

4 Likes