Alteast let players loot a non Bazaar illusioned item on pvp servers

Are there plans to at least make it so players can loot the non bazaar illusioned skinned item from a fallen pvp foe or dropped on pve/pvp ground for allies ? I might understand giving that is an illusion that could break on the death of the caster, however that would still leave the non illusioned item to be looted normally.

6 Likes

I know it’s early yet, but it’s basically functioning right now as Kit insurance because – and I’ll say this as a voracious consumer of streaming gameplay – when you’re a poor Exile without the overlying kit it says “the item cannot be moved.” So it looks like we can’t even despoil their corpses. Personally I was only able to test it once yesterday before I was booted by the server (this one’s on Elon Musk this time), so admittedly I may be out of date with patch levels.

2 Likes

I hope they fix it or at least let us have the non illusioned version of the item when we loot the corpse.

9 Likes

Hadn’t even occurred to me. You deserve the kudos for the solution.

7 Likes

I just figured that it could make sense occurring to the lore that the illusion surrounding the item would dispell on the casters/users death having no power to be maintained.

I personally don’t understand the need to make an illusion be un -lootable anyway as it is just one item and unlike other previous dlcs where it was an actual “physical” item with different stats on top of looks , giving that it could not be repaired by a non dlc owner of the item, it could still be looted/givien/used until broken. Also the illusion is/would not be repaired so the item underneath would be so the illusion should not matter.

5 Likes

I also want to encourage Funcom to implement the mentioned solution.

7 Likes

So everytime you die you have to recraft + apply the illusion?

How are items with illusion handled that were in your inventory?

Btw, you can apply a new illusion anytime. Even if it already has an illusion from a bazaar item.

1 Like

Only if you die and someone loots your illlusioned item.

But, while the item has a Bazaar illusion on it it can’t be looted (or given too, also btw) by (to) a player who does not own the same bazaar illusion dlc.

3 Likes

it still crummy how its being handle i can see they are gonna revert the code on all the older DLC so ill just wear the preorder set or the witcher set as i know not alot of people have it by now … and just flex my armor as they just despair

1 Like

Oh another thing i wonder , would this give rise into account selling then if were unable to trade item lol just like how it been for character on wow or Wows or wot account selling … i remember people were boasting they were able to pay off in life by just doing that. I can see it now … whale buying people account that has all DLC on it to boast that they are a true collector lol.

1 Like

@Dragoonduneman I hope not. That is a cesspit this game community could do without.

6 Likes

just saying they are creating that environment with the battlepass and limited DLC

2 Likes

I just hope they correct it if it is a bug of some sort.

1 Like

Guys CAN YOu confim we cannot share skin items with others if they didnt owe them (via DLC or BP\bazaar)?
Or this is only case with illusions?

1 Like

It was the case as of two days ago. I have not seen any patches corrected since, nor any official note of any kind addressing it. Would appreciate more information on this from @Funcom.

1 Like

Just to clarify… because I’m seeing all sorts of version of this with people treating all cosmetic items under s single hat…
Does this restriction apply ONLY to the newly added cosmetic items in 3.0? So Bazaar / BP items? Or can you no longer use content from the old DLCs either in case you don’t own them? For example a simple Khitan helmet?

1 Like

From what I was told as I do not have a friend with deferring dlcs from mine to ask at the moment it seems to be centered around the Bazaar dlc packages not being lootable if illusioned with those skins. Just as side note, except for bug tracking it wouldn’t and shouldn’t matter what dlc provided gear protection from looting as this is a clear pvp advantage in battle provided by dlc purchase, something that has always been said would never happen.

Even in the 3.0 Bazaar dev streams it was stressed that there was no advantage to be gained and that “it was only cosmetic” . Skins added to an item that before could be looted from a player now can not be because of an purchased skin applied to it from the Bazaar is not “only cosmetic” it is a clear advantage in combat and raiding. Purchased pvp advantage destroys pvp for most players in most games.

1 Like

well this is really gonna break the immersion and RP
if this is the case and we wont be able to pick\use skins we didnt buy anymore
just imagine this

1 you cant gear up your clan mates
2 you cant share and make gifts to people (trade)
3 after pvp battle you wont be able to 100% to pick reward (from chests or bodies) - imagine all gear is rare skin items…
4 if you die, your mate wont be able to retrieve your loot
etc etc…

2 Likes

The mind blowing part is there are actually players who think this fair and even a good thing , that these functions should be allowed to be purchasable and disallowed for those who did not purchase the advantage.

5 Likes

Well those players’re apparently in unity with a dev that digs this sitch, who invents the most dickish hammer ever, adds the permanent no-stealth health bars at a whim, and greenlights banning me for too many pixelblocks and busting my arbitrarily-large bungalow. This doesn’t signal good things for the direction of the game.

7 Likes